Lindsay Back in Rehab, Lacks Promises

7/24/2007 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Lindsay Lohan has returned to rehab, but not to Promises in Malibu -- where she recently spent 45 days.

We're told she is in an undisclosed treatment facility.

Let's hope it works this time.

UPDATE: A rep for Promises has no comment about today's events.

Just my opinion

I know the board of directors at Promises are going into overtime trying to work on a PR campaign to prove they are legit!

Hahahaha, it doesn't bode well to be a high priced treatment center when all of your former patients/residents are drinking and getting high as soon as they check out!

Kitty

Hollywood is a JOKE !

ADR

Obviously Promises is a waste of money -- it didn't work!

hora

no more rehab for her, just go away already. drive into a canal or something

b

I don't see anything wrong with the assistant's mom calling the cops. I would if I knew I had a drunk person following me, I wouldn't care who it was.

death on a cracker

ahhh. i see the cast for sureal life season 7 forming now... cant wait!

Brits Grits

I do sincerely hope she can get cured but it's going to take years for her to recover from her addictions.

I just hope she can truly understand how precious one human life is and contribute positively to society by working hard to educate people from abusing alcohol and becoming dependent on any drug.

We'll know her fate on Aug 25th on both of her trials.

I hope that a news service can confirm she has entered a reputable rehab center instead of a celeb center.

Andrea

I think that this is so terrible.. but you know what.. she made a joke out of saying.. "YA ONE DAY AT A TIME.. When she was in the coffee shop with her friends!" She is a train wreck. I think her Mother is just as bad. If she was truly wanting to stay sober, she would have stayed OUT of the CLUBS!!! She better go away to a treatment facility for atleast a year!

Desiree

I'd like to know why TMZ uses such unflattering photos of Lindsay, who, despite all her problems, is a very beautiful woman. On the other hand, TMZ used air-brushed, computer enhanced publicity photos for Paris. I know there are very nice pictures of beautiful Lindsay, so why not give Lindsay the same "star" treatment TMZ gave Paris.

That said, Lindsay needs jail time. Promises is useless, just a star hangout for people who are not serious about rehabilitation. Promises is part of the problem, NOT any kind of a solution. Lindsay will never learn without jail time, hopefully it isn't too late.

MacGuffin

She has checked into Passages Malibu according to the L.A. Times.

felixluv

where i come from we have drug court. u go once a week & u c a counselor 4-5 x a week. u get tested like crazy, & if u screw up u go directly 2 jail, no questions asked. 4get this stupid monitor thing that obviously does not work. but i guess good old drug testing makes sense. keep letting her get away w/ this crap & she'll never learn 2 deal w/ her disease. and yes, unfortunately it is a disease.

LO AN BEHOLE LOHANS A DRUNK LOL

LOL,GOOD LINDSEY GOT SET UP LMAO! SHE IS BOOZE AND CRACKHO! ATLEAST SHE DIDNT KILL NO ONE MAYBE SHE WILL OFF HERSELF BEFORE SOMEONE TRULEY INNOCENT GETS KILLED BY HER DUMBASS.IM GLAD IM NOT DRIVING THE ROADS WITH HER.

ME

Same story - different verse. Is this "gesture" supposed to keep her out of jail? If it does, then the judges in that county need to be fired. I hope she is able to kick her "habits" but she should still be accountable for her actions up to this point. Which, for us normal people, be a lot of jail time.

Stinkerbell

19. Bets on where she is!?!?
I bet Hazelton in Minnesota... It's about as undisclosed as you can get :)

Posted at 1:13PM on Jul 24th 2007 by supermax27
I hope this is where she is at. . . .she may have a chance here although there will be no trips to the gym, shopping, partying. . .might be a shock to her.

Finally exposed - shes a wierdo

Promises is a joke. It's a paid celebrity vacation, and it's worthless. 2 recent "graduates" are lohan & slut-ney; both went back to drinking immediately upon getting out. Their biggest problem is they suck up to celebrities. If a celebrity doesn't want to do counseling, then they feebly say "um, ok, thank you". In REAL rehab, if you refuse any part of the program, you're thrown out of rehab on the spot. That's what these pampered poodles need; they need to have their major egos subjugated, and they need to come out from behind their "I'm a star" defenses they've built up over the years, so their underlying problems can be addressed.

Places like Promises, who suck up to celebrities & do not address the real problem that drives someone to drink, do nothing but give the rehabilitation industry a bad name. I'd be interested in finding out the recidivism rate for Promises; I'm sure the percentage of how many of their "clients" relapse back to drinking or doing drugs is astronomical...