Lindsay's Attorney Issues Statement

7/24/2007 1:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan. Blair BerkLindsay's attorney, Blair Berk, issued the following statement to TMZ:

"Addiction is a terrible and vicious disease. Since Lindsay transitioned to outpatient care, she has been monitored on a SCRAM bracelet and tested daily in order to support her sobriety. Throughout this period, I have received timely and accurate reports from the testing companies. Unfortunately, late yesterday I was informed that Lindsay had relapsed. The bracelet has now been removed. She is safe, out of custody and presently receiving medical care."

sanityrules

In response to post #99:

"She is doing absolutely nothing wrong". WRONG!! She is breaking the law. I don't exactly see where you can say that is not wrong.

"This is exactly the life that we expect her to have". WHAT! The life that WHO expects? You have got to be kidding, right! The life I and millions of others expect her to live is one of responsibility, not only for herself but for the laws.

"How many of you wouldn't be doing the same or worse in a similar situation?" MILLIONS of us, that is who.

It is because of people like you, Robert, that these young people are the way they are. Live the life for the good times, screw everyone and everything around you. It's all about me, me, me!

The young people today need a reality check, seriously! They haven't a clue what real life is. Not just too much too soon. But too much, period!

sANDIA

SHE NEEDS JAIL,,JAIL,JAIL. THAT'S WHAT THE REST OF US WOULD GET!AND I'M NOT TALKING 23DAYS.

Crabgirl

GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY...

do not pass go. go directly to jail.

NatTurner

I went to school with her attorney's bro. She is a dynamite. The whole family is. Love the way she flipped Lindsey being caught with cocaine and speeding towards her assistant while drunk as a relapse from a medical condition and that "now Lindsey is safe?" Ha!! But is the public? It is sad that LiHo will get less time than Vick if she gets time at all. Oh yeah The attorney also got Mel Gibson off for his Hitler tirade.

kendra

Wow..promises huh!.......Go to jail bitch and rot!

done

she is not an addict. She is just young and immature and thinks she can get away with this b.s.

Terry

Lohan chasing her assistant's mother. A assistant who had quit hours before
Now that's a story I'd like to hear from the mother and assistant. I suspect it was over not enabling a drug addict in some way. Get on that TMZ get that story. Not the spin Lohan's people give you.
Sudden relapse my ass, I hate being lied too and taken for some public idiot.

Irene

You people are terribly vicious & evil. Do any of you realize that addiction is a disease?? I happen to know & I also know that it's the hardest thing to try to get sober & clean. Addiction doesn't descriminate, it happens to the poor, rich, famous & everyday person. Why would anyone wish her death???? That baffles me.

I truly believe what goes around comes around, watch what you wish for!
Good Luck Lindsay, I empathize with you & your disease & wish you the best one day at a time.

Allred Tree

Obviously this b_tch has NO CONSCIENCE or MORALS. Isn't she also rumored to be gay or bi-sexual. Perhaps that is part of her problem - however there is NO EXCUSE for her ON-GOING CRIMINAL ACTIONS.

She doesn't care that others in her industry are having their incomes affected by her behavior just as she doesn't care if she injures or kills someone. How many ACCIDENTS HAS SHE HAS ALREADY?

Who were the others in the car with her and where is she getting the coke from? Why would anyone want to get in a car with her when she is driving?

It seems that now that she is 21, she thinks she can do whatever she wants because she is of "legal age."

marsha

I think Lindsey is going to end up killing herself. Nothing is helping her. She does need to change her environment and get out of cali. She just can't handle it. She is also an extremely poor role model for our young children. It is important that today's children do not think what she is doing is cool. She should be put away for endagering our children. That is not a role model I want out there for younger generations to want to emulate.

barb

In order to stay clean you have to want it enough to really fight for it. Those little excursions she made outside the facility didn't help her at all. Lindsay is weak. She is not fighting for the sobriety she so desparately needs. Lets hope she finds a bit more strength.

camaguey

This LOSER is not addicted. Please! She is a brat, thinks she can do whatever she wants, and she very like thinks that landing in jail would be so cool. What a needy, attention-seeker loser!!!! Addictated my foot! She is an obnoxious person, period! Please. Addiction is a vicious...blah, blah, blah, disease. Please! What losers!

barb

Ridicules......2 yoyo's claiming first post (like little children) and neither is the first post......LOL What is the big freaking deal? NO ONE CARES!!!!

paris hilton

OMG Her mug shot is so blaaaaah! Mine was so hot!

Terry

Stop buying into all the hype!
Not everyone who party's to much is a addict.
Giving Lohan that label just helps those making money off her gather some compassion for a spoiled brat gone wild.