Lindsay's Attorney Issues Statement

7/24/2007 1:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan. Blair BerkLindsay's attorney, Blair Berk, issued the following statement to TMZ:

"Addiction is a terrible and vicious disease. Since Lindsay transitioned to outpatient care, she has been monitored on a SCRAM bracelet and tested daily in order to support her sobriety. Throughout this period, I have received timely and accurate reports from the testing companies. Unfortunately, late yesterday I was informed that Lindsay had relapsed. The bracelet has now been removed. She is safe, out of custody and presently receiving medical care."

bugsy g

THIS NEW ICIDENT ONLY SHOWS HOW THESE SPOON-FED CELEBRITIES WHO
THINK THE LAW DOES NOT APPLY TO THEM THINK.THEY HAVE LOTS OF CASH TO PAY THE BIGTIME LAWYERS TO GET THEM OUT OF A JAM. SHE DOES NEED HELP
BUT SHE ALSO NEEDS SOME JAILTIME LIKE THE REGULAR FOLKS WOULD GET IN
AN INCIDENT LIKE THIS.

Celina loves all mutts

Most people don't want to believe that addiction is a horrible disease. My forty something son has had an addiction to drugs and alcohol since he was sixteen. He has been in so many rehabs, I have lost count. He has just come out of one again. All we as parents and friends can do is love and pray for them. They are the only ones that can help themselves. I pray for Lindsay

Tara Tennent

So hiding out at club rehab will prevent Lindsay from doing jail time?? Paris why didn't you think of that???

sarah

I dont belive she is an addict YET she is just a stupid bitch who likes to get F Up she chooses to do drugs and alchol those of you who feel sorry for her whY?? she is responsible for the choices she makes and if she cant just have a drink then maybe she should not drink at all she surrounds herself with the party scene because thats what she likes to do she is a worthless loser and needs to go to jail drinking and driving is a serious crime i dont care if the stupid whore is safe or not she is responsible for her own actions and needs to be locked up she can "sober' up and think about life there Rehab" is a joke a way for them to run and hide and not face up to what they have done a time for the media frenzy to die down so she can go before the judge and say that she went to rehab and hopefully get a lighter sentence enough already THROW THE IDIOT IN JAIL BEFORE SHE KILLS SOMEBODY ELSE

DEREK

Oh I thought he was going to admit that it was his coke... hahahahahaha

Tara Tennent

Lindsay's parents suck! The younger Lohan kids should get protection from CPS right now!!

webbnrbe

Who didn't know this would happen? Anyone who has had any experience with someone who has been in rehab knows that you can't hang at bars or with the people you used to hang with. You have to stay away from temptation and bad influences. She didn't. Not a surprise at all!

Tara Tennent

I had compassion for Paris especially when she was picked up the second time and was crying in the back seat of the squad car..Lindsay no way! I don't like Lindsay.

Tara Tennent

Me too! Paris seems sweet, fragile and vulnerable. Lindsay Lohan appears hardcore and tough.

peace-n-love

#220 wow, your one agry person huh. The fact that someone may be gay or bi-sexual has nothing to do with this topic.
You homophobic freak, come out of the closet

dave

yup herbie fullie loaded ....give me another and a line to make it a gagger ............lmao...at the stupid red head

B.D

SO SAD THAT SOMEONE WHO HAS SOO MUCH OF

EVERYTHING, CAN TOSS IT ALL IN THE TRASH FOR

NOTHING ~!~!~!~!~! WHERE ARE HER PARENTS ???

OOH THATS RIGHT, THEIR OUT PARTYING TOO !

WHAT A SHAME..................

Sasquatch

If this bitch does not go to jail for at least a year (or more), it would be a travesty of justice.

1/ 3 felony cocaine charges
2/ 2 misdemeanor DUI charges
3/ 1 misdemeanor driving on a suspended license

I hope she will be eating a cold cheese sandwich in an orange jumpsuit soon.......

The Sasquatch Speaks

Carrie

I've never understood the stupidity that says alcohol and drugs are cool. As a teen I thankfully saw the trainwreck part of this. My peers ran scared, afraid of not being accepted and got hooked. Can't they see what the outcome is? Hasn't Lindsey seen other celebs who destroyed their careers and themselves "being cool"? Why do people start in the first place? Who deemed it cool to lose control of yourself and act like a fool? David Hasselhoff is cool???? I don't get it.

Leela

#217, Hey I'm sorry for your family's pain but maybe if you stop coddling your darling son and giving him the excuse that he has an illness, he might have to face the fact he has a choice of whether to "relapse" or not. Obviously this nonsense of calling it a disease and patting these people on the head doesn't work. Of course they need love and support, who doesn't? but they need to face reality and so do their enablers! I'm very sorry but that is just the way it is. #225, you're freakin' right I know someone with addiction. My father and my father in law both drank themselves to death just like their fathers before them. That's one of the reasons my spouse and I chose not to pass on those highly addictive genes to offspring. My mother is an addict and I know I can never touch drugs. I also know I have a highly addictive and compulsive personality type, therefore I channel it as productively as possible. I know I can never go near a casino and we both know we shouldn't drink so we don't, it's that simple and nobody said it was easy. Again, that's just the way it is.