Lindsay's Attorney Issues Statement

7/24/2007 1:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan. Blair BerkLindsay's attorney, Blair Berk, issued the following statement to TMZ:

"Addiction is a terrible and vicious disease. Since Lindsay transitioned to outpatient care, she has been monitored on a SCRAM bracelet and tested daily in order to support her sobriety. Throughout this period, I have received timely and accurate reports from the testing companies. Unfortunately, late yesterday I was informed that Lindsay had relapsed. The bracelet has now been removed. She is safe, out of custody and presently receiving medical care."

MJP

The sad fact is this. If she doesn't want to be helped, really, then she won't be.
I had a stepdaughter, the same hard headedness. Our pleas for her safety fell upon deaf ears, and she was killed driving drunk (4 times over the limit), and took two of her friends with her.
I hope Ms. Lohan can find it within herself to recover from her addictions.
I don't think she needs bashed right now. Only my opinion.

AW

Seems to me that Promises did wonders for both Brit and Lindsay...wow.

DANI

Okay I'm just tossing it out there... (SO HERE ME OUT)...

I know most everyone does stupid crap when their younger, and after their 20's they just grow out of it... Could this be a case of growing pains.. (however it's in the lime light daily)...

jen

COCHEAD GO TO JAIL LILo You never learn bitch

TimTom

WHO CARES!!!!

Marci

Once again, another dumb actress or lack there of getting arrested for Drinking and driving and "not knowing her license was suspended." Give me a break! Through the biatch in jail and let her suffer.

I agree with the ankle not being active "or hooked up" for that matter... another pop princess gone bad. Re-hab was just another way of getting her ugly puss on tv again!

Jon

If addiction is a terrible and vicious disease, what is stupidity?

Baba Wawa

Translated: The check cleared so I'm going to wash my hands of her in the next few weeks.

huh

Let the SPIN begin

Like we are really gonna believe ANYTHING her HANDLERS say!!!

The Editor of Star Magazine this morning, said on FOXNEWS that Lindsay was smuggling in and doing EXCTASY IN REHAB!!!

Relapse, MY ASS!!!

DANI

(HEAR ME OUT)

sorry about the typo..

(i'm just thinking out loud) and yes I think she needs help... but I also think it's growing pains.

FOM

She could have killed someone! I don't give a fat hairy damn the "she is safe and okay." She can't hideout in rehab forever. She needs to come out and do her time.

Brits Grits

What I don't understand is, if so many people are monitoring Lohan, why couldn't they have prevented her from drinking and doing coke?

I guess the temptation was great when you see all your friends drinking heavily and snorting cocaine.

I'm so disappointed in all the people that surround Lohan, you're all guilty too!

DesertChildAZ

The court needs to order her to a specific treatment center in lieu of jail, one that is intensive and no a "celebrity" treatment center.

kcloud

She should be in jail! A car chase? It sounds like she a danger to the community. I don't think rehab will help her she should be jail.

YumYum

Addiction is a terrible thing- but driving drunk is not a disease, it is a crime. If she detoxes in prison, maybe she won't drive again. This is a heartbreaking story because it will not have a nice ending- this is a 21yr old, and what's left is her entire life. She is on the wrong path. I am very sorry for her- she could have had it all.