Lindsay's Attorney Issues Statement

7/24/2007 1:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan. Blair BerkLindsay's attorney, Blair Berk, issued the following statement to TMZ:

"Addiction is a terrible and vicious disease. Since Lindsay transitioned to outpatient care, she has been monitored on a SCRAM bracelet and tested daily in order to support her sobriety. Throughout this period, I have received timely and accurate reports from the testing companies. Unfortunately, late yesterday I was informed that Lindsay had relapsed. The bracelet has now been removed. She is safe, out of custody and presently receiving medical care."

Reality is....

#18,

I sort of feel sorry for Lindsay Lohan, and then I don't. I SHOULD say that I can relate to Lindsay Lohan and believe that I was a lot like her when I was 20. IE, my parents put me through a rough divorce, I was desperately unhappy with myself, my relationships, and all of the people around me. I was lonely. I had a great life in store for me, I was a college athlete, was dating a boy that went on to become a professional football player, and had life at my fingertips.

HOWEVER, I didn't like myself, I didn't like my family, everyone had basically turned their back on me at 19 years old because I was an "adult". I first used meth at 16 (my father gave it to me because I was 'gaining weight' and my weight gain was going to hinder my athletic abilities).

I believe that Lindsays parents are a lot like my father was, only worried about himself, how my 'image' and talents reflected on him as a father, willing to do whatever it took to make me into the absolutely 'perfect' daughter.

When a child or young woman has a father and mother like hers, she is desperately troubled. Look at her (and me), she has had NO boundaries, she has NO ONE who really cares about her health and welfare and deep down she knows it. It's a lot to deal with at 21 and unfortunately she has the money to keep herself doped up so she doesn't have to deal with her emotional/psychological/family and friend issues.

I feel for her and I know what she is going through. My mother ended up divorcing my father and marrying a man that was eventually busted for trafficing cocaine across state lines. He did 6 years in prison but has now been clean for 6 years.

I was on a dead end spiral of meth and cocaine use. I FINALLY had to realize that I had to be happy with myself first. It's going to be a difficult road for her and if she doesn't get help she will die, period. I almost died twice and flirted with death many times.

I left the situation, I left everyone that I knew..family and friends included. I started over in another state, found new friends and made a new life. It has been 6 years since I left my 'no win' situation and haven't touched a drug since. It's a horrible cycle to be an ADDICT and lonely. I still speak to my family, but I have built my own family with a husband and now 3 children.

It's difficult, but it can be done.
Best of luck to her.

tamiecc

She may be safe... but if she is out of custody and free to roam the
streets, the public is NOT safe!! You have a known drunk and drug user...
Put her away before she kills someone!!!

Yani

hmmm, makes you wonder what her mom was thinking every time she said "kids her age have fun and go out, she's doing nothing wrong"......poor girl maybe if she had a better support system she would recover.

Elie

What an IDIOT! I would love to get a shot to be in movies and live such a glamorous life....she's an ungrateful spoiled brat. No one forced her into drugs she gave into peer pressure and now she’s paying for it. I don’t have ANY sympathy for her.

Reality is....

She needs to come live with me and my family. She needs to have normal people around her that care about her as a human being, for her good qualities AND bad. She needs to be surrounded by a family that doesn't care about what they can get from her, how much money she has, and people that will NOT use drugs with her.
She needs to grow up.

Tangie

Keeping it REAL--I don't believe for one minute your black.

TIA

blah blah blah

Nance

I guess when she drives drunk...she does it in the wee hours of the morning...when most ppl are in their homes. You can talk and plead till your blue in the face ...but she doesn't WANT to give up her drinking .........I say about 18 months in jail ...and I don't mean the PARIS style Hilton jail...

Hal

Perhaps if she left the state and went to a rehab facility that doesn't cater to Hollywood's elite she would be better off. I do believe the rehabs in and around "Follywood" are much more interested in $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ than in the welfare of those they profess to help. Get out of the state, away from the influences, away from your "family" and "friends," away from the lights, cameras, action and bling, and get REAL help!

BSS

Where are her supposed friends and family? How can they let this continue to go on? Have her commited!!! Enough is enough!!! She is going to wind up like Anna Nicole Smith. The girl needs help, not ridicule.

just a thought

Here we go again... the "victim" routine. Addiction is serious. When these Hollywood tarts start taking it seriously, then maybe they will be taken seriously. Until then, stop using rehab as a scapegoat and PLEASE quit carrying your big book and AA charms just for the sake of positive publicity. It cheapens the accomplishments of those who are truly in recovery.

tamiecc

Color does not change your blood alcohol level.
Do the crime do the time. No more chances! She's had more than
an average person would get, not matter the color

The King of the World

FYI 85 you idiot. Not only had she went way over the top with this stunt...but she should have already received punishment for her previous reckless behavior. Take your bleeding heart to AA. I think you brain is mush

Jennifer

ummm...addiction may be a disease....but what about stupidity???

when you have enough friggin money to hire a driver to take your ass everywhere, why in the bajeezus would you driver under influence???

::shaking head::