Lohan: I Wasn't Smashed During Ivy Crash!

7/25/2007 4:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan claims that the man accusing her of being liquored-up during a 2005 smash-up is full of s**t -- and she can prove it!
Click to Launch
According to legal documents filed last week in L.A. County Superior Court and obtained by TMZ, Lohan claims the boozy accusations in a lawsuit filed last month by Raymundo Ortega are "nothing more than an attempt to extort money from a celebrity by setting forth false and scurrilous allegations in a complaint." Ortega alleged that Lohan "consumed alcohol and became intoxicated" at the famous Ivy restaurant in in West Hollywood before making an illegal U-turn and crashing into his red van.

But Lohan claims that the police report from the scene makes it crystal clear, it said, "MS. LOHAN had not been drinking." The officer at the scene went on to write, "I did not observe any objective signs of either alcohol or drug intoxication and determined that no further investigation regarding intoxication was warranted."

Ortega is suing both The Ivy and Lohan for damages in excess of $200,000.

Nay

dang, someone cant catch a break.

and i must agree, Lindsay does like makin a lot of [illegal] U-turns.

She did it again

Beginning to think her and Brit Brit were seperated at birth

Dawn Day

$200,000????? I'm living in the wrong city!!!

Zenophobe Alien

After youv'e totalled your second or third mercedes I'd think it would dawn on you that maybe you shouldn't be driving. Duh!!!

Victoria

Do any of us believe a word this girl says now?

I'm going to go with ....NO

d-man

Yes ..she was NOT smashed in that accident......the car was.

Yes...the cocaine is NOT her......it was the assistant.

Yes..she was being NOT chasing a car.......only a dog does that

"Me think doths protest too much".....Shakespeare

Dr. M

AT FIRST ORTEGA JUST WANTED HIS VAN FIXED - ABOUT 3,100 OR SO -

I KNOW LINDSAY IS KINDA BUSY RIGHT NOW - BUT -

THIS GUY SHOULD BE COUNTER-SUED ! ! !

THEN I WOULD LOOK INTO HIS LEGAL STATUS -

Peaace
Dr. M
MM

glynne1964

BULL$#I+!!! BULL$#I+!!! BULL$#I+!!!

You know people by their actions! She has been in more accidents in the last 3 years then my large immediate family, hubby & I have been in our ENTIRE LIVES COMBINED!!! That is a total of 12 drivers of varying # of years behind the wheel!!! If she that poor a of driver, maybe she should hire a limo instead...save the rest of us from getting killed!!!

***BOYCOTT "I Know Who Killed Me"!!!*** ***BOYCOTT "I Know Who Killed Me"!!!***

hora

send her talentless ass to jail already

Daniel

I've been keeping track of Lohan's record recently.And I must say i'm not surprised she was arrested again! The girl has had DUIs before,including her hit and run last May. Which she was video taped leaving the scene, the question i've got is: Why not just keep her in jail?

She's gone to the Promises before (what a stupid name,for a rehab clinic). She blows smoke up our butts with the: i'm going to rehab see i'm trying to get better. Lets look at the facts she thinks she's better than everyone else. News Flash Lohan,you may have been acting.Since you were 10 or 11 but that doesn't make you a big shot. When compared to the likes of John Travolta,Harrison Ford, Matt Damon or even Julia Roberts.

And going to rehab multiple times,and then getting high or drunk.Hours after you checked out. Doesn't show that your trying to get better.At this rate her career is good as dead. I honestly think her next film 'I know who killed me'.Will likely be her last since she has 2 DUIs,driving with a suspended licence, hit & run,and drug possession on her record.

I have no doubt she'll wind up in jail,for many years along with the likely hood.Of spending 6 months or a year at a rehab clinic (a real one). The only question I have is,why didn't the cops throw her in the slammer.When they found coke in her car the last time?

Jim

Today she got a bail of $25,000. Thats like giving me bail of $25. the next time i drive drunk!

Scott

I could've sworn I read a story or saw it on tv that the owner of the damaged truck was a no show at court and the judge dismissed the case.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I could've sworn I saw it as having been dismissed.

QUINCYGIRL

SO NOW THE MAN COMES OUT 2YRS LATER AND WANTS TO SUE HER. IF SHE WAS SO GOOD AT PLAYING SOBER , WHAT HAPPENED THESE LAST 2 TIMES. YOU CAN'T PLAY SOBER. YOU CAN'T CONTROL YOUR ACTIONS AND YOU CAN'T ESCAPE THE SMELL. COPS WOULD KNOW. SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE TRYING TO GET HIMSELF A FEW BUCKS TO ME.

Buzzudboy

Just out of control and treating life like nothing or nobody else matters until someone ends up permanently affected. Death or disability for SOMEBODY seems inevitable.
Get her off the streets, the screen, the mags....EVERYTHING! Before it's too late.
Funerals are expensive and NO FUN! You're young LL, and tragedy is not something you can just walk away from and have someone else HANDLE for you. Slow down. Take your time. Respect yourself and others and live to see another day. (One that you can wake up to and not feel trapped in.) It's not too late yet. Please, give it some thought!!!
Sincerely,
Monkey Cheese

Steven Millan

Lindsay Lohan's problems are growing so rapidly,that I'm waiting for her to announce that she's going to be shaving her head ala Britney and joining a Moonies-esque cult.

It's so extremely pitiful to hear about the many troubles of this girl(who's about to be headed to the slammer,ala Paris Hilton),that any celebrity should know that they've hit rock bottom when Rob Schneider parodies one of them while in full drag(as he did with Lindsay on last night's "Tonight Show").

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments