Is This the New Britney Song?

7/26/2007 12:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: We're told this song may have been first recorded in 2003 and leaked in 2006. So why would someone leak it to us again? Hmmm... It's all I gots y'all!

Hand-delivered to the TMZ offices this morning was a yellow padded envelope with a CD inside that simply read, "Britney -- Get It." So we just had to listen to it, y'all!
Britney Spears

The song passed the listening test of our resident Britney fan, Brian, who says, "It sure sounds like her. It's terrible, but I think it's her."

It's also possible that the envelope was delivered by someone in Brit's camp or even Brit Brit herself -- they spelled Glendale wrong! Is that in California, y'all?

So take a listen and tell us what you think: Is this the beginning of a Britney comeback?

Doug

It needs more cowbell!

AmeriCANT

Is it true that Jamie Lynn Spears is knocked up?! And why hasn't TMZ reported this yet?

Chris

Who cares??

trish

STICK A FORK UP HER ASS..............CAUSE SHE'S DONE!!! THIS GIRL NEEDS TO RETIRE NOW!!!

Rattergirl

I found some lyrics to the song here: http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Get-It-lyrics-Britney-Spears/45A58101B253F29C482570F200033D1F

It looks the same, the beginning words are the same as she sings in the song. So I'm thinking somehow they got leaked first, or at the same time. The lyrics are kinda choppy and weird, like she wants to say something but isn't saying anything. I'm a little worried for her since the lyrics don't say much. She can do much better than this.

The Ok! article is on PerezHitlon.com, you can sorta read it, it seems more like a fluff piece. I would probably say Ok! isn't going to have too long of a shelf life, this could be their last major story and really it isn't that major. It doesn't really say anything that TMZ and other new sites haven't already leaked. I personally wouldn't spend the money on it. There isn't really an interview with her either. It's just about the photoshoot and how it went wrong. So I personally don't think this effect Britney's career, it will sell some magazines sure, but Ok! will be done for soon.

Banshee

OMG - it's awful! All studio-enhanced techno-sound, no talent required. Somebody please stop this pop-tart before she makes even more of an a** of herself.

imakemistakes

stuff paris' new chihuahua in her mouth. make her shut up!

Michael K

The beat is pretty good. I think that it could definitely be a club banger! I just hope the video isn't as bad as those awful pictures you took of her last week wearing that black dress and hat.

you wish you knew

This song is an old song that was leaked about 2 years ago by the producers of the track. they were working with Britney on this song and she was just free-styling in the recording studio. they said that nothing came of the song so it was nixed and they did not work with her. the producers were the ones who leaked the song.

R

I love it! It has a great beat that will bring all the girls to the dance floor. Very cool!

Shell

I just threw up in my mouth, I gotta go...................

South Beach Lizzard

WTF?

Ms. Behavin

Good LORD y"all that sucked! Even my 5 year old said it was BAD!

migglezworth

lay off the coke britney

peaches

That's not Brit..Come on..with all the Technology out here today.They can find ways to mix things up.. Believe its her if you want.