Johnny Depp to Do Penthouse

7/27/2007 4:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Land Ho! Captain Jack Sparrow is sailing into a swanky loft in glamorous downtown L.A., mateys!
Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp, the super suave A-Lister has been living in France for years, and now he's just plunked down about $2 million on a penthouse loft at the newly converted Eastern Columbia building. TMZ spies say the Francophile's new pied-a-terre at the turquoise Art Deco landmark, features private decks, sweeping views of downtown and the San Bernardino mountains.

Johnny's new downtown neighbors include "Grey's Anatomy" Star T.R. Knight and Oscar nominee Ryan Gosling.

A rep for Depp did not immediately return our request for comment.

Cheryl

i think it's weird that he would buy a penthouse. but i think he's a talented actor and i would love to meet him in person. but he can spend his money the way he wants to spend it.

lexie

Hey Next in Line,
I'm not jealous of a middle-aged alleged bi-sexual. He's a dirty nasty person who just got lucky with one movie! He's still the same looser! He can stay in France Permanetly!! Now Orlando is another matter, He can stay here if he wants.

I Am The Real Bella

Sorry been a Depp fan for years and I don't believe this story. Why would he buy this when he has a home already in the Hollywood Hills that he's had for years and years.. Sorry TMZ..I think you got this one way wrong.

shannon

no real news today tmz......who cares give us something good

Cynic

Um, Jason? This is a Johnny Depp post, not Lohan in jail. Capisce?

costaMesaboy

he is a trip.

R

If the picture of the place was in black and white I'd swear it was out of a Charlie Chaplin movie.

dizzyfordepp

WOW! For a minute there I got all excited! I thought he was gonna pose for Penthouse!!!!!!!!

Zenophobe Alien

At least he has stayed out of jail.

dude

Jason You're an idiot, you been posting that same BS Lohan site all over TMZ for awhile now, it's old news already. I think people are capable of finding their own internet sources.

bonnie

yeah #1. your trying to sell your stupid lilo website for 10 grand. get a real job

Shanna

That title was just cruel. I feel betrayed. My eyes wanted to see Playgirl

Ace

I would love to see him hire Todd Oldham to totally redo his penthouse. That would rock.

clever

Hmmm...after this headline. I believe I'll change my name to Penthouse!
Seriously, this seems very strange that he'd buy a place there. Maybe he's planning to be here on location for quite a while, and wants his family nearby?

BarneyROX

yawn....i thought the Dark Shadows story with Depp was far more interesting than this yawner....and yet...what is this? Its nowhere to be seen here.....whoops!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments