Live from Skid Row!

7/27/2007 2:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Garrett Morris"OUR TOP STORY TONIGHT:" Original SNL cast member Garrett Morris resurfaced at a rundown hotel in the gritty heart of Downtown L.A. He's running "The Downtown Comedy Club" at The Alexandria Hotel, a historic property turned low-rent hole in the wall. Affordably funny!

It's a long way from Studio 8H! Check out the club's grub -- their website makes this grammatically awkward claim: "A food menu so good you'll lick other peoples' finger." Cheesebuhguh, cheesebuhguh, cheesebuhguh!

The Shoparazzi

I mean, seriously, are you guys bored over there at the TMZ loft?

ohnoudient

Very sad. Hopefully, some of those people Garrett has worked with in the past can see to it that he gets some work.

lilkunta

The website link u all give isnt working.

Dawn

Funny thing when the orginal cast of snl got on tv they were not highly paid as they are today and since then there hasn't been much talent from there.

cmb21

YES!!!! It's going to take more people like Garrett Morris to make this work, but the downtown revitalization is on it's way! Got to get me out to a show there!

Save Joe Francis

TMZ is dragging out all of the d-listers, whores, rich nobodies and stale old farts these days. Things must be getting desperate. I shudder to think what the TV show will be like...

iloverock&roll

It' s crazy to see a former SNL member living, and down on his luck. Don't those guys hold at least some level of loyalty to one another. I'm sure any # of his former co-workers could help him out just a little. Maybe I have it wrong.

JimiJet

I don't know if some of you really read the story. He hasn't fallen on hard times. He's opened a comedy club. Check out their website. Sure, he may not have the career that Dan Akroyd or Chevy Chase has, but he's been working on his own things and now he has a comedy club.

Tina

I don't know why everyone thinks this is sad. I checked out the website. It looks cool. I'd go and I bet tons of comics in L.A. will do sets there. I'm sure there are a lot of Garret Morris fans out there.

kerry

I thought the place looked very cool. He can't be too down and out. The website alone must have cost a pretty penny.

Amy Silverman

Knew he'd end up there

natasha

The Alexandria Hotel on Spring St. downtown LA is no longer Skid Row...with expensive lofts being built and restaurants and bars coming in....this guy is smart to get a cool venue before the neighborhood really booms...good for him. If you go to his club...make sure to stop at a few new cool restaurant right on 4th and Main St. - I love Pete's restaurant!

JAA

Come on Lorne Michaels and all cast members of SNL. If you each pitched in $100,000, and some of you more, Adam Sandler, Eddie Murphy etc, you could help this man help himself and others.....

Gina G.

WE STILL LOVE YOU GARRETT!! TMZ'S WRITERS SUCK!!

TH

I wish this very talented entertainer only the best and hope his venture becomes successful. He's certainly a much more creative and dignified comedian than what is being represented as talent nowadays. It's a shame that the original talents of SNL weren't paid as much as the over-rated, under-talented and non-talented individuals taking up the air space each Saturday evening on this wimped-out version of what SNL used to be! The humor is juvenille and pathetic.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments