Nicole Richie

Big Stomach, Big House

7/27/2007 12:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Say you, say me ... say guilty!

TMZ was in L.A. County Superior Courtroom moments ago, where a pregnant Nicole Richie faced the music for her wrong-way DUI bust in December -- her second DUI conviction in 4 years.

A court commissioner sentenced Richie, represented by uber-lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley, to serve four days in the City or County Jail (her choice!) -- she got credit for one day, based on the six hours she served after being busted. So when she goes back in to the pokey, she'll only serve three days.

Richie was also fined $2,048, was ordered back to school for an alcohol education course and on three years probation.

Richie must report to serve her time by September 28.

0727_nicole_sketches

The commissioner issued Richie a stern warning, telling her if she drove drunk again and she actually killed someone, she could be charged with murder -- not manslaughter. That's because after her first DUI, Richie agreed that if she drove under the influence and killed someone, she'd be nailed for murder.

The 25-year-old is expected to give birth sometime in January.

A source close to Richie said at today's sentencing she was "stoic and serious, but not emotional."

Ashlea

I realize I'm probably the only one but so far I give Riche credit. She walked in without expression (much better than Hilton' fake sincerity) and went to court. Now lets see how she handles herself. Will she scream for mommy or will she buck up be a woman and do her time (little as it may be).

I'm sorry I know they are all fake but she seems to be more upfront. I am going to give her a chance. ONE chance,lol.

The King of the World

Boycott everything Ritchy...including Her her dads stuff...non downloads, purchases, or anything.

This is special treatment people.......Something Paris did not see.

Sonia

Post er Birttany...Got off light for a lesser crime...Dont think so...As for Paris it was her second offense in less than a year and she was driving on a suspended license for the 2nd or 3rd time...Nicole, this was her second offense in four years, she was not driving on a suspended license and she took her lumps with class...thought I would never say that...Paris should have just taken her lumps and shut up...see what happens when you admit guilt and not try and blame your assistants and publicist and lawyers...you appear to be a stand up citizen...Paris was the one that got off light...Nicole did not use this as a publicity stunt like Paris did, Nicole did not embarrass herself like Paris did, I say good for Nicole...And where is this oh prison has changed me and I am going to do some good...Huh Paris...I guess her idea of doing some good is to record a new album...Please spare us...that is torture...Paris face it you were just outclassed by Nicole...

Dawn Day

Looks like they are going to a damn funeral! Weird ass punks.

James

Some people on this site is just plain stupid. Nicole and Paris were not charged with the same crime. So the Jail time will not be the same.

bIUBBuLa

NOT FIRST!!!

Anyway, she'll only spend 1 day at the most.... good behavior, overcrowding, etc....

Johnny

celebrity justice indeed! 4 lousy days for this! American justice system is a joke nowdays! Next Lindsay gets slap on the wrist...

Taylor

Oh please.......Paris saw all kinds of 'special treatment'. If she had been a woman and owned up to her actions she wouldn't have had nearly the jail time. Hilton showed just how weak and pathetic she is. Calling for her mommy for goodness sake. If anyone should be boycotted it's her. And now Lohan is doing the same thing, blaming everyone else. At least Riche isnt blamming her publicist or fellow partiers for her actions.

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

No actually it is a plea BARGAIN.

raquino

Here in Virginia, if you plead guilty on a 2nd DUI, the sentence is 30 days. 20 days get suspended, assuming you stay out of trouble. The judge usually cuts the 10 days in half (which is common for non-violent crimes). That leaves 5, one of which is served the night of the arrest. So 4 days is the standard, and CA must be similar. And in one case I know, the person served the 4 days over 2 consecutive weekends so he could still work during the week.

Maggie

This is off topic a little however it is not just celebritys who get off to lightly in the city i live in an off duty police officer was drunk behind the wheel and text messaging his girlfriend and ran two innocent ladies down one of the ladies died and he was arrested and was free until he was sentenced to 6 months in the county jail and he killed somebody so its not just the celbs who get away with things

FreakHater

HAHAHAHAHA GO NICOLE!!!! JUST GET IT OVER WITH SO YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR BABY "IF YOU ARE PREGGERS", DON'T STRESS YOURSELF BY WAITING UNTIL SEPTEMBER, 4 DAYS AIN'T NUTHIN". I WOULD SUPPORT YOU QUICKER THAN I'D SUPPORT LINDSEY OR PARIS ANYDAY!!!!

Tina

BET she's NOT PREGNANT. It's a stunt for the court!

are you kidding me?

I just looked up what my state's punishments are for DUI - 2nd offense. Richie is getting the minimum for my state, so I would assume that California laws are similar. My state is 5 days to 6 mos maximum. I also looked up driving while suspended which little miss Paris got nabbed for. First offense has a fine, second allows for up to 1 year in jail plus fines. Probation violations in my state carry a minimum of 45 days in jail. Paris got exactly what she deserved by the letter of the law, and so has Nicole. Now lets see if Lindsay gets hers.

Carissa

Wow, the bag she's carrying looks like it weighs twice as much as she does - Yikes.