No Nike Deal for Vick

7/28/2007 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Vick is in deep doggy doo-doo with his endorsement partners for his alleged role in a dogfighting ring. The Atlanta Falcons quarterback has been suspended from big money contracts with Nike, Reebok and a trading card company, thanks to a federal dogfighting indictment against him.

This week, Nike suspended Vick without pay, and released a statement that "Nike is concerned by the serious and highly disturbing allegations made against Michael Vick, and we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane and abhorrent." The company vowed to stop selling Vick-related products but chose not to terminate his contact until his case was filed. Due process of puppy law!

Reebok opted to stop selling Vick's Falcons jersey, as has the NFL, which has suspended sales of Vick's number 7 jersey on nflshop.com. And the Donruss trading card company has pulled Vick's card from new packs.

Cindy

You are wrong Sharon, thousands of people have cared about dog fighting for years.
All states have laws against it.
Michael Vick has been tried and found guilty in the court of Public Opinion. We all know he did it. Good grief, he even had his dog breeding license taken away by the Feds this past Thursday when he entered his plea.
What would he have us think he is breeding, poodles?
And besides the dog fighting which is horrible enough, they tortured, beat, electrocuted dogs. What kind of man does that? He is a sub-human.
He must be really, really bad, even Reverand Al Sharpton is against him.

barb

This is fabulous news. Hit him where it hurts the most, his wallet. Hope he gets kicked off the team next.

baby

Yeaaa! am glad someone is doing the right thing in this brutal and tragic torture of animals, vicks needs the same treatment as he gave those poor lil dogs! am proud of nike for at least pulling his gear!

Emily

everything he did to those dogs should be done to him, the sadistic prick!!

Cindy

Sharon, this issue is NOT about children and rape victims. Believe it or not, there ARE other issues in the world. No one is saying child abuse and rape are not awful crimes, but this is NOT the venue for those issues.

kill him

I do think an eyes for an eye should be reinstated. I have head more about that twit Lindsey then I have heard about a dog killer. What is wrong with our society? What do we value as important. Apparently they have video of this retard doing these horrible things. What makes me more angry is that his high profile friends were witnessing these actions and not saying a damn thing. If this is what happenes when you are beyond wealthy for doing nothing I hope they knock him down a few pegs. They obviously have way to much time on their hands. I know he is guilty and there should be no reason they waste our time and money with a trail. I say send him to the electric chair. I think both companies should fire his a** and not think twice about it. I sure wouldn't want someone like that representing a company I owned stock in. I'm sure he will only get like 28 days in jail just like paris hilton. It seems if you do have the money you can get away with anything!

Brazilian

Warden, you need to move you ass to another forum. our discussion is about animal cruelty, low life Vick, they should sent him to arizona prison for life, on his good behavior days, he should clean the animal control shelters. Warden get on the forum for abortion, we have the right to choose.

Who's Racist!!

I bet you that 90% of the people that are commenting on Mr. Vicks situation in a negative way are WHITE!! I am not defending him, but some of you guys have him retired from football TODAY! Let the courts decide and maybe YOU are not fighting dogs but look in the mirror before you judge someone else. Oh YOU WILL find SOMETHING......

Ella

Good!! I am glad Nike is doing the right thing.

I do not need a court of law to convict this a**hole in order for me to find him guilty.

He tortured and murdered innocent animals for ENJOYMENT!!!! People that support him should wake up to the fact that he is a very, very, very sick person!!

TIA

Glad to hear this. It's about time these overpaid dysfunctional athletes are knocked off their pedestals.

ann

Perhaps Vick should receive the treatment that the "losing" dogs received, such as being slammed to the ground or drowned or electricuted. It is really the only punishment appropriate for the low-life LOSER that he is.

BABESBLINGANDBOOZE.BLOGSPOT.COM

didnt this happen already..

kt

to #6 The Warden

We're talking animal cruelty here and you go bring up a completely different issue. And as for your abortion views: They were killing 2-3 year old dogs. That's not aborting an unborn fetus. That would be killing a 2-3 year old child. Shut your Face.

As for Vick, put him away. He does this to dogs now, what's going to stop him from doing it to people?

kill him

STOP MAKING IT A RACE ISSUE YOU MORONS!!!!!. It is not a rce issue! It is an issue of right and wrong! Stop making excuses just because you feel persacuted! Unless you are fighting dogs along with the rest of the balck population that we don't know about! I AM BLACK AND I DON'T FIGHT DOGS! Get over yourself!

Brazilian

by Who's Racist!!

Your idiot !!!, It is not about racist here in this forum, It is about the right thing to do.
I am a African American, with many animals in my property. Nobody made any comment about racist, don't trying to find excuses tor this thug. Ely