No Nike Deal for Vick

7/28/2007 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Vick is in deep doggy doo-doo with his endorsement partners for his alleged role in a dogfighting ring. The Atlanta Falcons quarterback has been suspended from big money contracts with Nike, Reebok and a trading card company, thanks to a federal dogfighting indictment against him.

This week, Nike suspended Vick without pay, and released a statement that "Nike is concerned by the serious and highly disturbing allegations made against Michael Vick, and we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane and abhorrent." The company vowed to stop selling Vick-related products but chose not to terminate his contact until his case was filed. Due process of puppy law!

Reebok opted to stop selling Vick's Falcons jersey, as has the NFL, which has suspended sales of Vick's number 7 jersey on nflshop.com. And the Donruss trading card company has pulled Vick's card from new packs.

Congrats

I'm going out to buy something Nike for my son today!!! Maybe for myself too!! Way to go Nike!!!!

SouthernCaGurl4Opri

This is GREAT news! I am glad that Vick's endorsements are pulling the plug.

INKS

Wow, who is writing this piece? Can they muster any more typos? Go back to school and learn to spell...geez. Fire the editor!

kim suck

i thought that you can not attack the black hip-hop rap culture-- that what they do! if you aks me--i do not care

Florence Mitchell

I think he is the lowest there is.
That was sicking to see thouse dogs torn apart.
He needs the maxium in prison.

roger

when will the atlantic falcons dump him? doesn't the lowes ceo own the atlanta falcons? i'm going to home depot!

tie him up a pen and and let his dogs have a go at him.

lysette

#43 (WHO'S RACIST):

It is not about race here...what makes you think that everyone who is commenting on Vick is white...it's not about his color, its about how this vicious bastard tortured poor innocent animals who were not able to do anything back. If Vick was white, the same comments would be posted. He needs to hanged by his nuts and electrecuted. We dont need to look in the mirror b/c a lot of us believe that what he did is absulutely horrible and we already know he is guilty. It was his property and it is your responsibilty!!!
And he needs to leave football b/c he is not a role model and he doesn't deserve anything besides a dirty jail cell.
Maybe SOME of these athletes learn a lesson from Vick. When you come from lower socio-economic class families and you receive alot of money b/c you have got a talent for a sport, use your money wisely, invest it into something NOT DOG FIGHTING!!!!

Gia

Sharon-alot of people care about women and children being raped you twit. And many of us are appalled and "care" anytime dogs are abused in such a horrific manner. Take your innane rant against PETA elsewhere-nobody cares.

Yea for Nike. Reebock, et.al

Helldorado

Got any.... Race Cards?

Go Fish!

broadway al

I guess Vick could come out with his own line of footwear like "Pitbull Puppy Slippers". One's that squeal when you take them off by slamming them down on the floor. Great for the next generation
of low life's that make it big.

jollygreen

I moved in with my sister (and her 3 chows) years ago with my Rottweiler. We had to keep her dogs and mine separated. Once we accidently left the door open and they started fighting. It was awful, awful, awful!!!! Dogbites are very painfull and DEEP and take a long time to heal and can get infected easily. I was shaking like a leaf by the time I got them apart!!! SICK, SAD, HEARTLESS!!! ANYONE who thinks dogs fighting is entertainment is disgusting and abhorrent. I wish they could all be neutered (the people) (male & female) so they won't have children to corrupt. (Like the "lovely" Grandfather that brought his grandchildren to a dogfight) (He's the first one that should be neutered) Someone is guilty, makes sense to me that the person/persons living in the house are responsible for what was going on. Somebody purchased the dog houses, dogs and all the equipment, someone with a lot of money. What did the person/persons living in the house do for a living? Landlords are usually responsible for what goes on at their property. We will see. I was surprised that everyone wanted to go to trial, I mean everything will come out in the trial , yippee! I figured someone would plea, and sure enough I woke up this morning and read one of them did plea. Surprise surprise!

simon birch

3 million or more babies murdered so far with legal abortion....strange sence of values we have.....more fuss and rightly so will be made over the mistreatment of some dogs than will be over the continuted murder of babies who don't get to say...give me life. What about the number of staving children in this country alone or no health insurance for poor children...who speaks for them.....Still alot of sleeping people out there....The wake-up call is comming.....Not to late to make the only choise that will save you.

Brazilian

I AM AFRICAN/AMERICAN, NOBODY MADE COMMENTS ABOUT RACISM, WE MADE COMMENTS ABOUT ANIMAL CRUELTY. THIS GUY VICK SHOULD GO TO THE PRISON IN ARIZONA, THEY HAVE A VERY GOOD WARDEN THERE. I HAVE 3 WONDERFUL DOGS,THIS THUG,LOSER,LOW LIFE VICK , THEY SHOULD FEED HIM WITH DOG POOP.

noitall

*************** TO TMZ *********************

Thanks for finally putting this important story back on the front burner !!!!

Florida Law

I feel the endorsement companys are taking the correct approach towards this issue.
When i saw on the news that there were over 60 dogs that had to be rescued from this situation ,alot with kennels that were covered in blood and some left out in the mud to sleep in with very short leashes were FROM Vicks property !!.
Innocent until proven guilty?? I think we can all agree that the thug hung himself. That is unless, ,,you are the kind of person that agrees with the inhumane and cruel treatment of your typical household pet.