Usher's

Wedding Off

7/28/2007 2:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Let's call the whole thing off! Pop prince Usher and his fiancee Tameka Foster have called off their wedding, which was scheduled for today.

A statement released by Usher's publicist, Patti Webster, said, "It was announced today that the wedding ceremony for Usher Raymond, IV and Tameka Foster was canceled. No additional information will be given regarding the circumstances of the cancellation, but we hope the privacy of this matter will be respected."

Usher and the much-older Tameka (he's 28, she's 37) are expecting a baby this fall. No word on whether the couple is still engaged or even together.

More Today in TMZ History

TJ

Marrying her would be the biggest mistake of his life!!! Run, run, run as far away as possible and let her marry someone else to collect alimony when it fails! Hate these gold diggers! Why are men so stupid??

meow

THIS PICTURE IS SO OLD. THEY ARE WEARING WINTER COATS.
TMZ WOULD NOT WASTE ANY TIME TRACKING THESE LOSERS DOWN BECAUSE THEY ARE SO ATTACHED TO LINDSAY AND PARIS.
LMAO

PN

I am sorry to hear that Usher and his fiancee have called off their wedding. Maybe they're not ready to get married at this moment. His fiancee will be having a baby soon. They might have the wedding in 2008.

Amazing

Why do people on TMZ write about Stedman and Dina Lohan? Isn't Stedman Oprah's boyfriend?

Not for Nothing

#53-david

sound's like you and your family are all a bunch of freckin ( Hillbillie's!) to me.
'gosh darn we all been married 20yrs '

Thunderballs

Like Jacko himself said:

"The kid is not my son..."

Werd.

Say No - To the Immigration Bill

This happens many times when men get cold feet. Don't get your hopes up so freaking high. He was in love with her 2 days ago and he still loves her.

This happen to a couple that I used to work with. Some of our employees flew to another country to attend their marriage and it was canceled. Only to take place the next day.

I know another couple that the same thing happened and they married 2 months later.

The men feel guilty and ashamed and feel they have to make things right to the woman. When it happens on the actual wedding it's a bigger deal. The men will look bad to everyone that attended the wedding and co-workers. Usually with the help of family members they get back together. Usher should wait until the baby is born and they have the paternity test. In some states if your name is on the birthcertificate you are the father. Even when you get a paternity test saying you are not.

Deanna

They are probably in Vegas getting hitched at one of those cheesy chapels. LOL

Destiny

What are people thinking?! I guess in the public's opinion, she wasn't "LIGHT" enough for Usher. He's just way too good-looking to be with anyone who's not WHITE, LIGHT-SKINNED, ASIAN, OR LATINA--anything other than a brown-skinned African-American woman right? Its just so sad. People have only had negative things to say about Tameka Foster--(like they know her personally). I bet if it were some no-name white chick--she wouldn't be "ugly" or a "man" or a "gold-digger"--she'd be just right.

We've all just become so used to seeing Black male celebrities dating and marrying outside their race that when ONE of them happens to choose a mate that he loves who is BLACK without (blonde weaves and European features) there has to be a problem.

I hope its nothing serious and whatever has held up their wedding will be resolved. I am sick and tired of the media trying to project their skewed standards of beauty.

Parents Need to Know

I don't have a problem with the age difference. But I read this woman has 3 or 4 children already.

Isn't she older and been around the block enough times to use some form of birth control - how about STD's? Usher should know better himself.

Balls were bigger than his brains!

They should not get married. She does seem like a gold digger to me.

JANET

YES USHER SEE THE LIGHT HE FOUND OUT THAT SHE HAD A PASS AND SHE WAS ASKING FOR MOE MONEY TO SHARE WITH HER SISTER SHE IS ONE GREEDY BITCH . DNA TEST USHER NEED IT TO TAKE TO SEE IF THAT HIS HIS SON ORNOT MAYBE SHE HAVE A MISCARRED? YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IS TRUE THESE DAYS. YESSSSSSSSS HE IS NOT GETTING MARRYED TO THAT GOLD DIGGER HE HIM .

Say No - To the Immigration Bill

The full text of Usher's letter to his fans

"It has already been announced that I plan to marry this year. However, since my wedding day will be special to Tameka and I, this is information that we would like to keep private. It's disturbing that the media and bloggers (under the guise as 'fans') continuously speculate on the personal aspects of my life, therefore making assumptions and wrong insinuations that my fans are subject to believe.

"I am happy, excited, completely clear and independent on my direction, feelings, decisions and I am NOT BEING LED. Some media and bloggers have been totally intrusive, they have misconstrued aspects of my personal life and, because of this, my 'true' fans are not sure about what is fact and what is fiction. There is a difference in stating an opinion versus drawing a conclusion that is incorrect.

"As previously reported, I have NEVER threatened or harassed anyone from any media format – print, radio, television or Internet media. At this point the best thing to say to my fans is just because it sounds enticing and it MAY sound 'true,' that does not make it truth. I understand the fact that I must sacrifice some anonymity for the career I love, however some things are personal like having a child or a marriage. These aspects are not for the public and, to me, are sacred. I would hope my privacy in these areas would be respected."
– Usher

Bob

Maybe they were sleeping with the same girl, the baby wasn't his, or he finalized realized that his mother was right and all this woman was is a gold digger. Either way better now than after it costs him millions.

TROLL SMASHERS

HEY meow - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LMFOA & ROTFL @THAT PIC!!!!

sunshinegirl

I think that this is simply a ploy to fend off the media from interrupting the actual nuptials that will take place. Believe me, our hopes and wishes are not being answered; Usher understands the backlash that he is receiving from this and is simply acting in the best interest of his relationship. I can't wait to find out because this is driving me nuts, but I'm sure this is what it is.