Eddie Murphy Pops the Question

7/29/2007 11:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Dreamgirls" star Eddie Murphy proved that girlfriend Tracey Edmonds is his favorite girl of all, by presenting her with a ginormous yellow diamond engagement ring this past week.

The ring was massive, but don't expect a blowout wedding. Murphy's first wedding to Nicole Mitchell in 1993 (they split in 2005), was a lavish $1.5 million affair, and is ranked by Forbes in the top ten most expensive celeb weddings of all time. This one, a friend told OK! magazine, "will be a private wedding. Something low key and very romantic."

Murphy is currently embroiled in a bitter battle with former girlfriend/baby mama Scary Spice aka Melanie Brown, with whom he has a child. He and Mel split right before he met Edmonds.

UncleBigBad

so, I'm assuming all the women here calling Tracey Edmonds all these names are married to someone perfect and richer than Murphy?

TMZ reader

timetraveler....you're delusional if you think Eddie Murphy is attractive!

Slug Lips

This Tracey chick looks like a transvestite. Didn't Eddie Murphy pick up a male prostitute once?

stephanie

Dang Tracey!! That's the best you can Do!! Okay, Your crazy for leaving Babyface!!!
I'll take him!! LOL LOL I thing it so FUNNY!! We will see how long this last!! LOL
LOL!!!! Eddie got some many problems!! Match made in heaven!! LOL LOL!! This is the JOKE OF THE WEEKEND!! LOL

Joy

I think tracy is nuts, u know Eddie likes tranvestites, also.

Joy

Tracy is a beautiful woman, after all Baby face got her where she is today. Eddie is just not happening. After all he is quite strange himself. you know what I mean.

drow1stboy

it must really be sad to be ugly and unattractive and to have beautiful people marry you for your money and fame.imagine all the dirty looks...really goodlooking scoundrels like myself would get by just walking by. if were eddy...i would suggest keeping mirrors and photo shoots down to a bare minimum.there is really no feeling like being able to stare at yourself in a mirror all day.

ohnoudient

Everybody has a price I guess.

She's a ho

What I've never understood is that people bring their kids to see movies created by this sick, twisted pervert. He's dirty trash.

Mon Cheri

These celebrities switch relationships more than woman change their kotex. What wonderful role models they are.

Johnny Gill

Now y'all stop talking about my BOO! He is only marrying Tracy because he can't marry ME! You know I was the "best man" at the first wedding, to my good girlfriend Nicole, and I will be the "matron of honor" at this one. But one day, trust me, we WILL walk down the aisle! SNAP!

Johnny Gill

Oh, by the way, you know Scary Spice was just our surrigate mother, because I cannot carry kids! My, My, My!

Brenda

THAT GIRL CAN'T BE THAT STUPID TO MARRY EDDIE, HE'S A DEADBEAT DAD.
THAT'S THE LOWEST KINDA MAN TO WALK OUT ON HIS KIDS.

ohnoudient

Will Johnny Gill give the bride away? No matter how much money he has,
any woman should be prepared to share him with men. Most women he gets
with can also be taken for men in drag, if you really look at them. Mostly
because of their boney facial features, even Whitney, but especially
Nicole. Mel also has a masculinity about her, and now I can even see
it in Tracey's rigid facial structure. Although they are all pretty women, if you
REALLY look at them..I'm jes sayin'

ruthg

are you kidding me, eddie likes men, so did babyface, what is it with this woman, does she have low self estemm. is she attracted to closet gay men, and why eddie anyway, he is a has-been, his movies are tired, he is loud in them and he is a liar, why did he say deny he had anyone pregant, when clearly his dna says he is a new father, and as for his former wife, i always thought she was a man, in drag, and they had someone else carry his children, cause look at his children they do not look like his former wife, all of these people need to go to church, what a circus, and here i though tracy, had class, boy was i wrong, you can dress them all up and they still smell like trash