Britney & K-Fed Officially Kaput

7/30/2007 2:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney and K-FedBritney Spears and Kevin Federline have officially divorced.

Just minutes ago, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge signed the divorce decree. Spears' lawyer, Laura Wasser, and K-Fed's mouthpiece, making the divorce final.

Spears' lawyer, Laura Wasser, made a motion to keep the custody and spousal support orders secret. The judge granted that request, at least temporarily.

Here's what TMZ knows: K-Fed is pulling in 15K a month from Britney for child support. He's also getting 20 grand a month in spousal support, but that's based on the prenup, and it appears the alimony gravy train will come to a screeching halt in November.

As for custody, we've learned it will stay at 50/50. It's amazing disso-queen Wasser was able to get a 50/50 custody split given Brit's craziness, which included wild partying, erratic behavior and a stint in rehab. This type of custody arrangement is typically reserved for a stable couple.

But all is not over! We're told neither Brit nor Fed-Ex are happy with the custody arrangement, and either of them can go back to court and ask for a change. On top of that, Kevin won't even speak to Spears, so they will probably be back in court asking the judge to make decisions about child rearing.

One more thing: There are reports K-Fed will go to court as early as this week to get full custody. That doesn't make a lot of sense that he'd go for broke, since our sources say K-Fed has signed-off on the 50/50 custody split. He may not be happy, but it doesn't seem he's ready for all-out war either.

whatthe

Does anyone not notice that Britney did not have these problems before she met K-Fed??? Before she hooked up with him, she was america's sweetheart, but then hooked-up with a slime ball that left his pregnant girlfriend and another child to latch onto a bigger gravy train. She gets NO privacy, her every movement is splashed all over the place, and if you don't think they make things bigger than they seem to sell copy, or get everyone visiting their sites, then your as big a fool as any. You never read about a big custody battle with Shar because he wants his kids so badly, did you? Britney needs to get away from the damn photographers, to someplace they can't find her and get over the pain she's obviously in, just because he was a slim ball, doesn't mean she didn't love him! Just let her be so she can find herself and regain control of her life!

goodmoms

Neither one seems to be appropriate parents but OMG she is now a mother and should not be acting like a party animal. Respectable mothers can have fun. What's more important her next high or her next lay all made public? If that is the case then she should have waited until she grew up to have children. We all know he is only in it for the money or else he would be responsible for his other children. Brit needs to grow up and act like the woman and mother she needs to be.

Janice

We still hate KFed but Britney deserves to have those children taken away before there is some awful accident with the boys behind the wheel of she leaves them alone because she is so spaced out. She is out of control. He just seems to be the better of the two. AS for not going for custody of his other children....lets see their mom is not a party fool but a nice stable lady with a network show. Britney is simply out of control.

FGF

And everyone wonders why this young girl, "Britney Spears" is having a melt down!

God be with her.

jesta

can you all say froster care !!!!!!! i think them kids would be better off !!!!!

LING

"welcome to Hollywood" the land of great opportunity!
EVERYONE WANTS TO BE A STAR!!!!!!!

I hope that some day if I make it to the big time...
the public will write wonderful things about me....

Thank you for entertaining me since I had some free time...to act like a clown..whoops! I forgot my boozo nose and the shoes....

WB

I am a Spears fan....I do like her and think she has great talents....She has made mistakes and plenty of them....but altogether a good person.....Let one who has not sinned throw the first stone. I am not perfect myself and have come short of the glory of God...No one can be perfect in the eyes of the 24/7 news media.

RON

THIS WOMEN IS REALLY NASTY LOOKING! THIS IS WHAT DRUGS DO TO A PERSON!
SHE IS NO EXAMPLE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE! SHE IS DISGUSTING!

c hitch

Rosie O'donnell would be an improvement over Brit.

Roberta

Well I have to say.......... I have no clue what K-fed did so wrong in the first place. I have not kept up with anything about these 2, except for I guess the past yr maybe??? Anyway, I want to comment on the few comments about K-fed and his other children. Again commenting based on the fact I have no clue of his history. But I was thinking, maybe he has not ever asked for custody of his other kids because they are in good hands? I have lived the past 8 yrs in custody/visitation hell LOL, and I would say this about anyone......... If the custodial parent (mom or dad) is a GOOD parent, then the other parent needs not to apply to courts for custody. But....... its clear to ANYONE that Brittany is CLEARLY not a good parent! If I EVER did what she has done, my kids would be in the "system." I think CPS IS failing her kids by NOT stepping in and removing them. They should have done that a long time ago. When do you think they will? When she has given the child life long injuries or death?

ren meyer

maybe he didn't try for custory of his other children because their mother takes good care of them and he has no reason to fight her for custory.you don't hear about her doing dumb things like brittany.maybe he respects her a s a mother where he doesn't Brittany.

Roberta

For #10. Why dont we see pics of him and his kids? Maybe because he doesnt NEED to be in the spot light 24/7 like Brit! Maybe he does like to have a "private" life.

Tiffany

I think it's best K-Fed keeps the kids.
With Britney partying like crazy,and her stints in and out of rehab,there's just no time for kids anywhere.
Plus lately she's been going downhill,and now is the perfect time for her to cool herself.
This is NOT a time for her to take care of 2 kids-when she obviously can't even take care of herself.
I mean seriously,the woman can't even get herself cleaned up but she can pay $15,000 to her ex???
I find that to be a bit weird....
But in my opinion I think Britney is better off without the kids because let's face it-she's not even taking very good care of herself right now.

Fred Den

THIS IS A SITUATION WHERE NEITHER PARENT DESERVES FULL CUSTODY. I'M INCLINED TO SUGGEST THAT THE KIDS MAY BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT EITHER AS THE CUSTODIAN CARE-GIVER. IT WOULD BE INCREDIBLE AND SHOCKING IF BOTH DETERMINED THAT FOR THEMSELVES FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR CHILDREN...BUT I KNOW THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. DOESN'T ONE FAMILY HAVE A RELATIVE WHO LOVES KIDS AND LIVES A NORMAL LIFE?? BRIT AND K-FED WOULD THEN BE ABLE TO DEVOTE THEIR LIVES TO THEIR CAREERS AND THE PARTY SCENE THAT SEEMS TO BE THEIR ABSOLUTE PRIORITIES.

me

Why does everyone always say to give Brit a break, that she will make a comeback???!!! Why??? I believe everyone should have a second chance to redeem themselves but come on people 3, 4, 5 chances! How many does she need! Enoughs , enough already. If this would of been me or you those kids would of been already out of our custody! She does not need anymore breaks, she doesn't deserve it. She could never sing in the first place! Seriously, listen to her music, you hear her background singers more than you do her! All she does is moan, groan, gasp, and grunt. Giver her a break? Geez, give us a break already! She needs a good shower and a new stylist, and a psychiatric evaluation! She doesn't need rehab, she needs about a year or two in a good mental ward! She's too unstable and has zero motherly instinct! Cuz last time I checked good mothers do not go out partying 5 days a week and leave their kids w/ nannies, good mothers do not flash people their crotch, good mothers do not beat a car w/ an umbrella, or shave their heads, good mothers do not dress like whores,...etc...do I really need to go on??? We, good mothers, make our kids breakfasts, turn down social events because we don't have a sitter, take our kids to soccer practice, make their lunches, help w/ homework, tell them bedtime stories, tuck them good-night, strap our kids into car seats....get the point. Let's hope she finally does! What I'd like to know is where have The dept. of Social Services been!!!!!??????? Why haven't they done anything to remove these children to a more stable home!!!! It figures, just another case of the special treatment these spoiled celebrities get! I'm sick of it!

Previous 15 Comments | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments