Paris Hilton -- Best Singer in Hollywood?!

7/30/2007 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's tough for an ex-con to find work, but Paris Hilton's got herself a job! She's singing in a full-fledged movie musical! Is the world taking crazy pills?
Paris Hilton
Ms. Hilton has been cast in "Repo! The Genetic Opera," a futuristic thriller about the last humans on earth -- who need organ transplants to survive. The film's clearly tone deaf producer, tells Variety, "We saw many actresses for the role, and Paris sang it better than all of them." Huh? The director, Darren Lynn Bousman, jumped onto the Hilton-can-sing bandwagon as well, saying, "I have auditioned at least 30 actresses for this role -- Paris came in and owned it." Does that mean she paid?

Hilton's also back in the recording studio lately, so expect a whole lotta Paris' warbling in the near future. Joy.

CONTINO MAURIZIO 17 FEBRUARY 1980

CONTINO MAURIZIO 17 FEBRUARY 1980 NAPOLI

CONTINO MAURIZIO 17 FEBRUARY 1980

EYYYYY LOVE
BY
CONTINO MAURIZIO 17 FEBRUARY 1980

Wes

Well, Repo's director nailed it when he said, "Paris is this person." It's a role of vulgar trash..she doesn't need to act -- just be herself.

Anon

To LA - 42

Just curious...when and where did you see Repo; it had a very limited run Off-Broadway.

ANON.

She may not be the best singer, but you have to give her props for doing more with her life than "being a good friend by carring (using) their coke, and blaming her drunk tirades on the black kids" like fellow club go-er Lindsay.

alancassaro

Hi. Besides this comment page, could someone direct me to a place where I can find something written about Paris. I love reading and hearning about her, but you rarely hear her mentioned, or see any articles about her. But this lady is a real comer, and I bet she has a big future ahead of her. Thanks.

alancassaro

namethisname

This is mainly addressed to post # 47, who apparently likes to "watch poop in a toilet", (as well as any others so inclined). Paris has no doubt already had "voice lessons & singing lessons", as a young girl & likely again as a teenager. She is a smart enough business person that she will take more lessons to improve herself. Casting Paris is a smart management move. It ensures that there Will be a large audience, if for no other reason than to see/hear Paris. Whether you like it or not, she is a Celebrity/Famous person highly thought of by millions. It's always funny reading the postings of wanna-be's. You degrade Paris, yet you are drawn to all the articles about her like a moth to a flame.Personally I'm excited for Paris that she is making daily "little steps" to improve not only her life but that of others. # 47, you chose to read the article & you chose to post your opinion. But based on Your statements, while others will be watching/hearing/enjoying Paris you will be sitting somewhere "watching poop in a toilet". . As for you (& others like minded), have fun with your self-stated form of entertainment. Be glad you are in America, do what you like !!

Jack

I am surprised at the constant negative press of Paris. It seems people always jump on the negative bandwagon. I've listened to 4 decades of pop music. Paris is not the best in Hollywood. However, she has a voice and it's not bad.

culturelady

I guess this "who the hell is this guy?" director wants his movie to tank! Paris hilton singing opera in a movie? nice.....pig goes to jail, cries like a sow, gets out and makes more millions hand over fist.......i pray this movie goes straight to video.......and when you lose money mr. director idiot, will paris repay you for hiring her? shame on paul sorvino for being in a movie with an ex-con........guess he needs the money!

Clinton

Only a fool doesn't realize that she "bought her way in". No matter, it's straight to DVD then off to the "markdown and out" bin.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4