Spears' Attorney Fears Kidnapping

7/30/2007 7:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a declaration filed today by Britney Spears' lawyer, expressing fear that "criminals ... might target the minor children for financial gain."
Wasser declaration

Attorney Laura Wasser asked the judge this afternoon to seal the child custody portion of the divorce between Spears and Kevin Federline. In her declaration, Wasser wrote that the document -- which divides custody 50/50 -- details the specific timeshare schedule and transportation matters. Wasser fears if the document becomes public, the media would have "a greater ability to ascertain the physical whereabouts of the minor children."

Wasser wrote: "Such information greatly increases the chances that the actions of the media could threaten the safety of the minor children by, for example, causing a traffic accident or by exposing the minor children to criminals who might target the minor children for financial gain." Wasser did not use the word 'kidnapping,' but the intimation was certainly there.

The judge granted Wasser's motion to seal the custody documents, pending a full hearing next month. The judge also agreed to keep secret the child support provisions of the divorce.

hello, it

My, she thinks alot of herself, doesn't she?

anonymous

Oh Good Grief! All of a sudden they are worried about the children being kidnapped? While it could happen, I doubt that it would...Brit has tons pf paps following her wherever she goes.No kidnapper would stupidly try to kidnap kids while being photographed. I think Britney is getting more and more paranoid as time goes on...or perhaps she's afraid Kevin will take them...at this point, who knows.

Zenophobe Alien

Wish the Scientologists would kidnap her ass and take her to thier home in outerspace

lucky

Maybe she should spend time at home with them instead of driving around and flashing her panties with her body guard then the kids would have someone to LOOK AFTER THEM. She gets stranger by the day, she must be self medicating or something.

Get a grip girl... KOO KOO

tuna marie

why does britney always cause so many problems for herself? get help brit, before it is too late.

crispie

I don't really think her kids have to worry about kidnaps for ransom. There are plenty of Hollywood parents with way more money than her who would actually notice if their children were missing.

river rat

Is there no limit to what this media whore will do? I truly fear for her childrens' safety and well-being.

tba

They should kidnap Britney; but, no one put's up any ransom..the ultimate insult.

Suckers

Yeah, Brittney maybe single again, but who would wanna date this crazy bird anyway. Another crazy nutjob , I guess. Anyway, PSYCHO Brittney always thinks the BOOGEYMAN is waiting right around the corner for her or her kids. What a moran!! I know a great movie that should be made: the Sisters of the Travelling Pants II, starring: Brittney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Nicole Ritchie and any other Psycho bitches in HOllywood.

Randi Morse

Yeah - like the Paparazzi couldn't find her in the blink of an eye.

southern girl

I feel so sorry for the two innocent little boys. I think she should give KFed child support. We haven't heard or seen pics of him all over the place with the kids doing insane crazy things. If he is being a father, which I haven't heard otherwise, then he is the stable one for the kids.

Funny, how we heard all the bad stuff he was doing when he lived with that crazy bitch...haven't heard a word since he got away from her!

Someone correct me if I am wrong!!!!!

Heather Dawn

ROFLMAO at Miss Karma's comment! And...I agree with you Southern Girl. Out of the two he seems to be a bit better at raising them. I kind of feel sorry for him......he married her....and simply because he was a dancer....not a multi million dollar.....whatever.....made him a money hungry man whore? His EX hasn't said anything bad about him, that I've read. It seemed quite mutual that they split even when she was pregnant. I'd hate to be in his shoes.....due to all the BS....but I'd hate even more to be one of their kids.

kim suck

she smells

Nicks

She should just write the truth.

"We don't want the paparazzi snapping Ms. Spears in any compromising pose that would enable Mr. Federline to acquire extra leverage in increasingly his custody of the couple's two young sons."

Please - ain't nobody gonna be kidnapped, y'all!

TomFan

K-Fed didn't go after custody of his two little ones by Shar Jackson because Shar Jackson is an excellent parent, and he has a great relationship with her and liberal access to his kids. Brit Brit is a fruit loop and an unfit parent.