Nicole

Confirms Worst Kept Secret

In Hollywood

7/31/2007 7:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole Richie finally tells the world: "Yes, I am. We are. I'm almost four months."

0731_richie_070731_ms_bn-1
In an exclusive sit-down with Diane Sawyer, the celebutante talks for the first time about the impending birth of her child with Good Charlotte singer Joel Madden.

ABC says in the interview, which airs on "Good Morning America" Thursday and Friday and on Hot mommas -- click to launch"20/20" Friday night, Richie "speaks candidly about why this particular constellation of young female stars -- Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears, among others -- have behaved badly so publicly." She should know!

As for her upcoming stint in the slammer, Richie told Sawyer, "I have a responsibility and it's something that I did wrong, and if I could personally apologize to every single person that has lost a loved one from drunk driving I would," she said of her recent guilty plea. "And unfortunately I can't, but this is my way of paying my dues and taking responsibility and being an adult."

By the way, TMZ told you this tidbit on July 3rd.

Boxy Roxy

I'd be interested only if she did something to contribute to society.

Diane Sawyer lost all her integrity long ago. And this interview with Nicole Loser solidifies that Diane is just as irrelevant. For this she went to journalism school? Ha!

Tmz.com is racists......

Who cares if she is pregnant. She is famous for what again? Peope will make a star out of anybody these days.

Boxy Roxy

I agree, she is a WHORE. Doesn't anyone get married first?

FlBiker

Junkie mom, what could go wrong?

Irene

They're All Losers - (by the way it's Loosers)

Just wanted to let you know that the majority of America is foreignors. That's what America is all about a-hole, all our ancestors came from another country!

Maybe this will change Nicole & turn her life around, I hope she has a healthy baby & happy life!

Elaina

That poor child.

craptastic

Hey congrats, Nicole. I know you'll pull through and be a good mom.

Rachel

USE A CONDOM, USE BIRTH CONTROL for christ sakes. Use your heads and I'm not talkin about the one in his pants. They have only been dating what 6 months ? So she got knocked up 2 months into their "relationship" ? Use common sense and act like an adult, oh wait I guess you need to be an adult first. Nicole was a rebound girlfriend who just happened to get knocked up, what to do now ??????

Jane

Ummm...Irene, I would run a little spell check before you start correcting other people's spelling...it actually is Losers, and "foreignors"....please.....

littlelady

TMZ is LAME! Stick with Perez Hilton for all new celeb news... TMZ can't update news as quickly as Perez!!!!!

verily

I hope she and her boyfriend get married and are good parents. They can be responsible people and live a happy life. They must be strong and have faith in God who loves them.
Verily

momlania

Out of all of them, I still like her the best. She seems to have calmed down in the last few months, no smoking etc. I think she will be the best mom out of all of them. They seem like a cute couple actually, and she is looking much healthier. I like that she came out and admitted her wrong doing and was willing to "take it like a man" instead of screaming hysterically in the back of a police car. BTW whoever mentioned something about Lionel, I think his hands were tied, the paps kept asking and he couldn't say "no she isn't", but he couldn't be the one to confirm it either. I think preggies and little kids should be off limits anyway. Preggies have enough to worry about without everyone yelling about what a terrible person/mother she is.

Synisjen

Nicole Richie comes off as the most real of all her peer group. Intellectually she is a lot more interesting and seems to have an awareness of the bigger picture outside of herself.
The biggest problem I think everyone has is that they don't realize how common all these young hollywood problems are. I know tons of people from all over and many have alcohol, drug, or some excess of something problem.
Go to court one day and you will see that most all charges brought are to that effect.
You have to learn on your own. I think Nicole Richie will.

verily

Who are all the woman-hating twits acting as if she got pregnant by herself?! Why call HER names and not the MAN?! I wish they had gotten married first, too. The good news is they still can and I hope they do and that they are good spouses for one another and good parents!
Verily

rachel

Think for a moment... Joel, and the good charlottes, are over, and his future was in reality tv five years from now.

Nicole stands to inherit MILLIONS from Lionel Richie's fortune and song library.

I think Joel done good by knocking her up, like another K-Fed fortune-rider.....