PETA-likes Protest Paris and Brit

8/2/2007 5:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dressed as pop dog carriers Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, PETA protesters took to the streets of Hollywood today to cast light on the problems caused by buying pets through a breeder. But really, when you dispatch people dressed up as those two, no one really cares what your cause is!

According to PETA, for every dog or cat purchased from a breeder or pet store, another dog or cat on death row at an animal shelter must be killed. At the rate Paris and Britney are going, there won't be any pets left for the rest of us! Arf, y'all!

"Forget jail or rehab," PETA Director Daphna Nachminovitch says. "These selfish stars should do a stint in an animal shelter." Hopefully, they've already had all their shots.

LMFAO

KT- " I think that human life holds more value than fido's", If that is your belief then so be it. But remember that it is that very attitude which has sadly put so many wonderful animals on the endangered species list!! And I am no fan of PETA but I am afraid that your belief is so very wrong, God made all creatures on this earth equal and should be treated with care and respect by all.

bethany

AKC Equals Puppy Killers

Mia

Concerned: I have the same feelings about the applications, and I worked at a shelter for a lifetime! On the other hand, those questions weed out the worst of the riff raff that show up to adopt. You would be amazed at the types of people who come in to collect animals. But I understand your point. I would look into breed rescue groups. Some amazing dogs are out there, leftovers of divorce, owner death, or other tragedy. They are usually beloved pets and very adaptable. Good luck!

Kaycee

PETA has lost all credibility . They annoy me so much that I think I will grab my leather purse,don my fur coat and go enjoy a veal cutlet at a nice Steak and Ale.That is my silent protest.I hate PETA.

Not ! a BrAngelina LOON !

Dear Peta ,

I like Siamese & other exotic cat breeds and I agree with the other posters who say this is not Nazi Germany , lets educate ppl on Spaying , Neutering , committing to their cat or dog and being RESPONSIBLE Pet parents !

Cats & Dogs are kids who never grow up -

Erica

Dear Beth
I am sooooo glad that you have taught us that all breeders are"White Trash" and "freak old weirdo's" no generalizations or discriminating opinions from you.

Thanks for the insight into your credibility.

Erica

Beth,
Why do you hate Missouri??? Why is it a crap hole????

BLINKING !!

All About the PETA Trial
The North Carolina animal-cruelty trial of two PETA employees ended with a surprising result, but the animal rights group admitted under oath that it does, indeed, kill large numbers of animals.

Things to make u go HMMMMMM.!!

crymeariver

I once raised pups. Our dog was treated like royalty and so were pups. Pups handled from time they were born as in as they were being born. Same way with cats. We would break sack and bring it to momma.

Erica

Fact:
Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 14,400 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2005, PETA put to death over 90 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.

KT

JENNA - It's very disconcerting to hear people like you who place a cat's, dog's, or spotted owl's life above a human's. You probably should take a little time to reevaluate your priorities.

By the way, since you brought it up...God did NOT create animals to be equal to humans. He created "man" (no "Spot" or "Fido") in His image. This is does not mean I condone animal torture, but I do believe people have a right to choose what type of animal they want to purchase. Also, I believe there are a lot more important things to focus on in life than animals. But whatever, I'm going to keep getting my pets from wherever the h*ll I want, and PETA people can continue to judge me as being evil and go around holding stupid protests and making themselves look like morons.

girlwithcutehair

PETA IS A CROCK OF CRAP!!!!! I JUST GOT A DAUSCHOUND THAT I FOUND THROUGH AN AD IN THE PAPER AND HE CAME WITH PAPERS AND HE IS A STUD AND I PLAN TO BREED HIM$$$$$$$$

Not ! a BrAngelina LOON !

#98

I can tell you are one of those rightwing christian Freaks ! If you REALLY read the bible God talks about defending the defenseless , in the bible there is a verse that says , Quote " A good man regards the life of his animals " I would much rather save a cat or dog ect. vs a creepy rightwing , HYPOCRITE christian freak !!

jmassa1120@aol.com

oh get a life PETA ! These women are train wrecks and you are worrying about dogs ? I personlly do not think they mistreat the dogs, so bug off and save an aniaml if you want to and let these women buy whatever dogs they want .

bethany

And Missouri legislators help these people torture dogs, rip off consumers, and cheat on their taxes

They get a piece of the action