PETA to Hasselbeck

'Cluck You!'

8/2/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi's long overdue employment announcement wasn't the only news on "The View" yesterday. Elisabeth Hasselbeck revealed the thigh slapping news that she has chopped off a chicken's head -- and PETA thinks that's just foul!

Chicken and Elisabeth Hasselbeck
After using hand motions to describe how to accurately decapitate a chicken, grossing out the audience more than she usually does, polite talk then resumed. Now Lizzy's in the soup with PETA, and they had this nugget for the right wing chicken winger:

"PETA has two words for Hasselbeck, 'Cluck you!' Next to Barbara and Joy, who expressed compassion, Elisabeth sat there chirping about the joys of killing defenseless birds. Conservatives love animals too, and she ruffled a lot of feathers today. Now that Whoopi has joined the show, maybe it's time for Hasslebeck's head to go on the chopping block."

Reps for "The View" had no comment.

cha cha

( Use the common sense that God gave you! )

wHY IS IT WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU
YOU ALWAYS NEED TO BRING "GOD" INTO IT?

IF there is even a "god" I doubt hed think it was ok to drain the blood from animals for dinner.
You dont think animals feel the pain of being murdered? They do.
I love animals and no not on my dinner table.

MEAT IS MURDER

Hows that rotting meat feel in your system? NASTY!

Pardon me while I go puke.

JUST SAY NO TO MURDER FOR DINNER

JG

I always saw the light. I understand (and agree BTW) that abusing animals is digusting and should be stopped, but I will continue to eat meat. Like Halye pointed out, the UK uses more humane methods to kill livestock. I beleive that PETA's main focus should be to lobby for getting the govt to mandate and requlate the slaughter house so these animals are not abused. The process of killing them will never be pain free but it could be kind. No matter what is done, there will always be meat lovers. Let's face it, if you only yell it's "Murder" you just piss people off and your arguments fall on deaf ears.

JG

Jesus, ya know the son of God ate fish and I doubt it was without gutting them first.

cha cha

(if you only yell it's "Murder" you just piss people off and your arguments fall on deaf ears)

If people are pissed off because I FEEL MEAT IS MURDER thats their problem.
Please let me know what is acceptable for my feelings.

I say MEAT IS MURDER BECAUSE I FEEL IT IS
PLAIN AND SIMPLE

JUST SAY NO TO MURDER FOR DINNER.

cha cha

.( Jesus, ya know the son of God ate fish and I doubt it was without gutting them first)

We can only hope ;o)

ps

JG

Yes you have made that crystal clear!

cha cha

(If chickens don't count because they are not smart, than Elisatwit should be someone's dinner.)

Now this is funny!
Thanks for the laugh :o)

lisbet

Peta was not down on them eating meat. Barbara and Joy admitted to eating meat, but not wanting to know the animal or see it suffer.

I wasn't that she did it, it's the glee and the fun she seemed to have describing suffering.

She also said "where are the parents""? When told how many children are from poor families who can not afford health insurance.

She also says "that's unfortunate"and "they volunteered" when someone brings up the casualties of soldiers she pretends to support.

I think she should take her stupid husband an kids and move to Iraq since she says how good it is, and her lousy football player husband should enlist to help Bushie.

cha cha

(That is when dumbass Elistwit described killing a chicken laughing and imitating how it shakes and saying "I ate the thing - it was good"
I wasn't that she did it, it's the glee and the fun she seemed to have describing suffering)

bingo! your right on the money.
she seemed thrilled and proud of herself that she killed and ate the poor chciken.She is a cold heartless witch!

Jeremy Bosco

Hey, MEAT IS MURDER: So what, she killed a chicken? That's what God put those animals here on Earth for, and you'd obviously know that if you ever looked at your Bible (assuming you have one) at any point in time. And plus, she was going to eat it anyway, so why does it matter how it died? For God's sake, it shouldn't take a genius to realize that no matter how it happens, in the end, it's dead, and it's gonna get eaten, and that PETA and other idiots like YOU need to just shut up, and let the rest of us enjoy our dead animals.

cha cha

JEREMY Ill pray for you.God doesnt like ugly but Im sure you already knew that.

PASS IT ON..........

TONY NY

Elizzie stay home and take care of your kid and the one on it's way.They don't need you on the view you butt in too much . but. I am glad you told that fat p..{Rosie} off .

PETA HATER

She was on a show called "Survivor" and wasn't being fed, so she had to cut a chickens head off to fed herself in order to not starve. The fact that PETA is outraged by this just shows how radical that group really is. Why should I take advice from an activist group that knowingly gives out money to terrorist organizations like the ALF. Ridiculous. PETA needs to be shut down.

pay atention

I had chicken for lunch!! I guess she was a dumb cluck cause she didn't get away...somebody even breaded her for me..yum yum....

anthony

first of all, i watched the "view" today, and hasselbeck wasn't there, could it be, that caroline rey was on, and she's a close friend of rosie? secondly, did anyone from peta, ever eat chicken? going into detail, and explaing how you kill the chicken, was in poor taste. but, i do agree that hosting a show, especially like the view, is not her forte' she really does try, but many times, i can't understand her, she talks to damn fast, and when she tries to prove a point, she just talks too much about it. to be a professional, you must know when to talk, and when not to talk, if she was smart, she would have never been so graphic about killing a chicken. she's cute, but she's cuter than she is smart.