PETA to Hasselbeck

'Cluck You!'

8/2/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi's long overdue employment announcement wasn't the only news on "The View" yesterday. Elisabeth Hasselbeck revealed the thigh slapping news that she has chopped off a chicken's head -- and PETA thinks that's just foul!

Chicken and Elisabeth Hasselbeck
After using hand motions to describe how to accurately decapitate a chicken, grossing out the audience more than she usually does, polite talk then resumed. Now Lizzy's in the soup with PETA, and they had this nugget for the right wing chicken winger:

"PETA has two words for Hasselbeck, 'Cluck you!' Next to Barbara and Joy, who expressed compassion, Elisabeth sat there chirping about the joys of killing defenseless birds. Conservatives love animals too, and she ruffled a lot of feathers today. Now that Whoopi has joined the show, maybe it's time for Hasslebeck's head to go on the chopping block."

Reps for "The View" had no comment.

dregs

To "MEAT IS MURDER"

Eating Vegetables is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

Eating Vegetablse is Murder

NOW GO KILL YOURSELF YOU MURDERER!!!!!!!

anthony

i'm trying to figure it out, whose is the bigger pain in the ass, hasselbeck, or the people from peta. i certainly agree with peta on the michael vick case, where he was torturous, and murderous, to animals for betting purposes. but, in this case, she was on a show called "survivor". people on that show have killed snakes, pigs, fish, wild bores, etc., it's probably written into the script of the show. i will admit, how she explained it, was in poor taste, she doesn't know when to talk, and when to shut up, she says things without thinking, but i don't think there was harm meant by it.

cha cha

HEY DREGS
go choke on a chicken bone

MEAT IS MURDER

MEAT IS MURDER

MEAT IS MURDER

MEAT IS MURDER

SuperduperMom

Elisabeth shouldn't be killing her on kind. Chicken heads don't kill chickens. She is annoying and trying to sound intelligent usually results in revealing one's ignorance. But hey at least she is dressing better these days!

Please help our baby win a scholarship in the
Evenflo's Baby You're A Star!
By votingHERE from 8/1/07-8/15/07 Thanks!

SuperduperMom

BTW I'm a vegetarian. But I get it. I get that if we all lived as we were designed then dogs would fight each other, they would hunt in packs and they would kill us if they could. I get that we'd have to eat meat as others in other countries have no choice but to do. I just don't believe in cruelty but I suppose there isn't any way to KILL something in a nice way.

Please help our baby win a scholarship in the
Evenflo's Baby You're A Star!
Just click the link to vote!

cha cha

(I just don't believe in cruelty but I suppose there isn't any way to KILL something in a nice way)

I second that!
and I want to thank you for not eating murder meat.

VEGETARIANS ROCK!

Jeremy Bosco

MEAT IS MURDER, it seems to me that you're one of those people that, unless someone believes what you do, then they're automatically stupid, and you HAVE to shove your own rhetoric down their throat. Just one reason why I see you as an idiot. You know, not everyone's gonna see things exactly your way, because everyone is different in so many different ways, and to try and make every single person just like you is an exercise in futility. You might as well just give it up, because seriously, you just come off as a moron with your little 1st grade-style comments and that whole "Meat Is Murder" quoting in every post you put on here. You need to grow a brain and actually try to THINK for once. Then, maybe you'll see that maybe, just maybe, there's other, MUCH more important things in life than one little chicken getting killed off. Things like, oh I dunno, the war in Iraq, or maybe even (and I'm probably reaching here) next year's presidential elections.
And by the way, that little kiddie-like comment about how God doesn't like me just because I'm ugly, makes me think that just maybe, you DON'T have a Bible anywhere.

dregs

VEGETARIANS ARE KILLERS

Jeremy Bosco

By the way, I just have to know, MEAT IS MURDER: Just why do you not eat meat? To try and figure out just where you're coming from, I'd like to know just why you are that way. Now, I have nothing against anyone who believes in different things than I do, and you're no exception. I don't hate that you're a vegan, vegetarian, or whatever it is you actually are. (Yes, I do know there's a difference.) What I hate is the fact that you seem to ridicule others simply because they AREN'T vegan, or vegetarian, or anything like that. And again, I just want to know where this is coming from, so I can understand just why you're acting the way you are.

dregs

VEGETARIANS ARE MURDERERS

dregs

VEGETARIANS HATE PEOPLE

cha cha

(By the way, I just have to know, MEAT IS MURDER: Just why do you not eat meat? )

I was ,dare I say it, one of you also. but I have been shown the light. I LOVE animals.My dog has made be very aware just how loving animals are and that they have feelings just like people.Thats when I stopped eating meat and not just because "I love animals" but because I couldnt look at meat *gag* the same way. I see it as bodies. I couldnt even swallow it anymore.I saw a poor little pig on the news being FORCE FED so he can be someones dinner.Well let me say that image will NEVER go a way.It made me so sick I couldnt even eat for almost a week and half.
When I eat veggies I feel so good and clean.My body feels so much heathier.
Now you think I want everyone to be like me and believe it or not I DONT. Sure the world would be better if we didnt murder and eat these poor animals but I know some people will never change and thats fine.I just dont like the people who talk about animals like they are a nothing and how EH was making it like she enjoyed killing that animal then eating its body. Shes a sick heartless witch!

Allred Tree

Elisabeth wasn't on "The View" today and Barbara said it was because she took her vacation early. Does anyone know anything about this? Maybe they ARE GETTING RID OF HER! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!

ECote

Just another reason why man-kind is so ignorant. I'm ashamed to be part of the human race often. What do people think happened before slaughter houses, grocery stores, etc? I suppose early people just dreampt of a chicken, and it just appeared on their dinner table, cooked, cleaned, no mess, whatsoever? Same as a cow, or a pig, or a deer. Steaks ARE ACTUALLY an animal, just in case we're not clear on the subject. They didn't just magically appear in the fridge at the store. Idiots.

cha cha

(Maybe they ARE GETTING RID OF HER! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!)

Doubt it but that would be so nice! ;o)