PETA to Hasselbeck

'Cluck You!'

8/2/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi's long overdue employment announcement wasn't the only news on "The View" yesterday. Elisabeth Hasselbeck revealed the thigh slapping news that she has chopped off a chicken's head -- and PETA thinks that's just foul!

Chicken and Elisabeth Hasselbeck
After using hand motions to describe how to accurately decapitate a chicken, grossing out the audience more than she usually does, polite talk then resumed. Now Lizzy's in the soup with PETA, and they had this nugget for the right wing chicken winger:

"PETA has two words for Hasselbeck, 'Cluck you!' Next to Barbara and Joy, who expressed compassion, Elisabeth sat there chirping about the joys of killing defenseless birds. Conservatives love animals too, and she ruffled a lot of feathers today. Now that Whoopi has joined the show, maybe it's time for Hasslebeck's head to go on the chopping block."

Reps for "The View" had no comment.

rig

shes a chicken head

Lisa

she's a wack job and truly has nothing interesting to say and when she does say something all she does is whine and try to sound smart. She's annoying and I no longer watch the show. (I only watched before occasionally and then watched daily while Rosie was on. Whoopi is terrific but i still will not watch. Joy is great, BW is out to lunch and out of touch.

Rachel

All you people on here saying get rid of her, yah then the view will be a all liberal panel. OH JOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You stand up for your belief and I for one are proud of you, and stand with you.

Annoyed

When is Babs going to wake up and get that girl, and I do mean girl, off that show!!!! She talks endlessly and has absolutely no flexibility in her opinons and thoughts.....she just keeps on clucking. I saw the show yesterday and was amazed at how funny she thought it was that she had cut off a chicken's head. And she went on about it until Babs cut into the conversation......Message to the View: Get rid of that kid!!! She is on today babbly about marriage, etc. and I had to turn it off 'cause she pisses me off soooooo freakin' much! She truly believes that her views on these things are carved in stone for EVERYONE! I'm here to tell ya that she is arrogant and so one-sided on all things serious. She loves Bush and everything he stands for (????!!!!)....what the hell does that tell you!!!!!!!!!

lucky

I LOVE CHICKEN... CHICKEN..

Mark

Elizabeth is very entertaining. With out her the show would be very dull. Remember some of the best moments on the show have been Rosie or Barbara belitteling her. I really like Elizabeth and Peta, we all know will attach anyone that doesn't agree with their view, which is most of the USA. As far as the topic goes take it in context and then see how funny it is that Peta uses this to further their cause. GO Elizabeth......

I'm hungry

give me abreak PETA ...they're chickens, they're on my food chain, and they're delicious ... why don't you yappy, pretensious, annoying, freaks go pick a fight with someone who deserves it, like say, Michael Vick ...the way you idiots go on about the plight of chickens really makes a lot of people want to puke .. get a life ....

Viral

Poor defenseless chickens? Ever hear of the Bird Flu? I'm sure PeTA is right on that, searching for a cure to help all those innocent chickens.

Kate

Can she get any more annoying? From know on when I hear her start to speak, I'm going to hit the mute button. She brings nothing worthwhile to the table.

Kim

Reason #412 I don't watch "The View." I'm neither here nor there on her chicken-eating stance, but does she have to be such a blithering idiot?

HEATHER

PETA is freaking rediculous. It's a freaking chicken for crying out loud. You don't need to show compassion for a chicken. What is wrong with people!

JG

Do Barbara and Joy eat chicken? PETA likes to stuff their views down everyone's throats faster than stuffing a turkey. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

JL

They act like she was chopping off chicken heads for fun instead of SURVIVAL.

Besides, as much as you all claim to hate her -- do you really think producers would be stupid enough to get rid of the only person on the show now that keeps people talking? It's publicity and it keeps their name out there whether you like it or not.

Emily

Elisabeth also pissed off supporters of Breastfeeding yesterday when she expressed her disapproval of NYC's new policy to ban gift bags of formula in hospitals (in an effort to promote breastfeeding). She neglected to mention that she is a PAID SPOKESPERSON for a major formula company and appeared in their magazine ads. Talk about a conflict of interest!

SuperStarSteve

I don't like Elizabeth (she spells it differently I know) but I LOVE chicken. I can't watch the show because I don't believe how stupid that broad is. She's a right wing nut job who thinks she is so cool as the "conservative" member of the view. If she indeed speaks for America, is it any wonder we're in the mess we are in now? I can't stand her, and even with Whoopi, trying to reason with her is a pointless exercise. I DON'T watch because of her, no matter who they put on to make the show more "fair and balanced".
I don't think she would like me because I'm smart and I read newspapers.