PETA to Hasselbeck

'Cluck You!'

8/2/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi's long overdue employment announcement wasn't the only news on "The View" yesterday. Elisabeth Hasselbeck revealed the thigh slapping news that she has chopped off a chicken's head -- and PETA thinks that's just foul!

Chicken and Elisabeth Hasselbeck
After using hand motions to describe how to accurately decapitate a chicken, grossing out the audience more than she usually does, polite talk then resumed. Now Lizzy's in the soup with PETA, and they had this nugget for the right wing chicken winger:

"PETA has two words for Hasselbeck, 'Cluck you!' Next to Barbara and Joy, who expressed compassion, Elisabeth sat there chirping about the joys of killing defenseless birds. Conservatives love animals too, and she ruffled a lot of feathers today. Now that Whoopi has joined the show, maybe it's time for Hasslebeck's head to go on the chopping block."

Reps for "The View" had no comment.

Annoyed

....speaking for myself....I don't truly care that she had to kill and eat a chicken in order to survive on that stupid island......but I don't think anyone ever starved to death either (on any of the stupid islands). So let's see, hmmmm, did she really think she would starve if she didn't kill the bird. Me thinks not. It was the glee in which she shared this story with everyone. Kinda like when Rosie mentioned the fact that so many men and women lost their lives in the on-going war that EH supports and EH responded with "well, that is a shame." How warm and fuzzy!!! She is a hypocrite and very cold. brrrrrrrr

Mel

ELISABETH IS AWESOME!

ANYONE COMPARED TO ROSIE, JOY OR BABS IS A QUEEN!

GO ELISABETH!

mySTRONGopinion

I'm gonna drop my chicken in some hot grease!!!! yummie. I love ya, EH. PETA is as bad as the ACLU - American "Crimminal" Liberties Union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's declare today - Fried Chicken Day!! Cluck, cluck. Ring those necks and let's eat!!!

death on a cracker

oh brother...i love animals too but come on... has no one from PETA ever lived on a farm?

Only swim in the Ocean

Brains and Beauty, oh and she can cook. This chick rocks!

Martha

As a child in a fame that's how my mom would kill the chickens. Nothing is wrong with that. Why make a big deal? Look at the news. People are killing people everyday why pick on Elizabeth abut some stupid chicken. Get over yourselves!!!!!!!!!! Here chick, chick I want dinenr now. LOL

stefano

You know, I would love to hate Elizabeth Hasselback or Hasselhoff (whatever it is) but, politics aside, she's incredibly good looking. Great rack. So, I give her a pass. After all, she told Rosie off: You have to give her credit for that.!

chi town clucker

Oh come on; are all you people that are bashing Elizabeth vegetarians? If you had no food, or your kids had no food wouldn't you kill a chicken and eat it or feed your family? I think most of us would. Get a life

Joe Tyler

Like PETA has any credit!!!

People
Entertaining
Their
Asswholes

are you new?

That ditzy idiot is a LIAR..Everybody knows chickens come from
the super market. Some pretend chickens even come from KFC.
I think she was showing the viewers how she chokes hubby's chicken

Joe Tyler

Maybe PETA is pissied off on how Elisabeth kicked Rosie's pig butt on TV. Poor Rosie, to coward to go back to work.

Imabeeleever

I know for a fact that if you idiots were STARVING and I mean in the real sense of the word, you would eat a fricken chicken too, come on.

Helldorado

Peta and their little followers are a joke.

Really.

It's true.

are you new?

rotf Joe Tyler#56

admin

I hate, loathe and despise Elisabitch. I would love to see her ass booted off that show.