PETA to Hasselbeck

'Cluck You!'

8/2/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi's long overdue employment announcement wasn't the only news on "The View" yesterday. Elisabeth Hasselbeck revealed the thigh slapping news that she has chopped off a chicken's head -- and PETA thinks that's just foul!

Chicken and Elisabeth Hasselbeck
After using hand motions to describe how to accurately decapitate a chicken, grossing out the audience more than she usually does, polite talk then resumed. Now Lizzy's in the soup with PETA, and they had this nugget for the right wing chicken winger:

"PETA has two words for Hasselbeck, 'Cluck you!' Next to Barbara and Joy, who expressed compassion, Elisabeth sat there chirping about the joys of killing defenseless birds. Conservatives love animals too, and she ruffled a lot of feathers today. Now that Whoopi has joined the show, maybe it's time for Hasslebeck's head to go on the chopping block."

Reps for "The View" had no comment.

ers0512

I rememeber when I was a child my grandparents did the same thing. So, what's the big deal? NOTHING! People these days just look for things to gripe about. And as for PETA, animals were put here on Earth for human use. I am not for animal cruelty by any means but if an animal is here for human consumption, then guess what, I am not going to discriminate.

Zenophobe Alien

Hey a chicken is just above lettuce on the food chain

Soraya

I can't watch that show because of her! She back stabbed Rosie...of course she has no compassion for animals or humans. She's vapid, self-absorbed and annoying as hell!

K15

PETA needs to find someone else to pick on!! Give me a break. If your starving on Survivor wouldn't you eat a chicken. The girl is skinny enough as it is- she should have had a few more chickens!

cha cha

Meat is MURDER
That is what you meat eaters are putting into your bodies MURDER VICTIMS.
Its sick! How can someone eat poor cluckie? How?? A dead body makes good dinner? NASTY!!! *GAG*

Rene

Elisabeth is such an idiot... whether you are a vegetarian or not, she actually sounded gleeful describing how she killed a chicken! She makes herself out to be so compassionate, then her true colors really show!

And then she really sounded stupid when she got on her high horse about breast feeding, and how the government should keep their noses out of our breasts, even though she would love for the government to keep their noses in our uterus (she is strongly anti-choice). Make up your mind, Elisabeth! You can't just pick and choose where you want the government to stick their noses into!

Oh, I so hope she disappears when she has her baby and we don't have to listen to her ignorant opinions any longer.

JG

Meat is NOT Murder it is delicious!

KB

This woman is a moron.

But, to give her grief over the fact that she has chopped a chicken's head off -- this is a non-issue. There are many more important and substantial things on which we should be criticizing Elizabeth.

Zenophobe Alien

#65 Hey don't you ever beat your meat dude?

MRC

I imagine that the chicken that we eat on our chicken sandwich, on our picnics, and in our chicken salad is born headless; pulls its own feathers off and hops in the oven, I hope that anyone who expresses outrage about this is a vegetarian; otherwise, quit being a stupid and hypocritical

Baby-f***ers come as no surprise

PETA is just a bunch of psychotic terrorists, anyhow. I'm all for animal rights, and so against cruelty to animals (cruelty does not include the humane killing of animals for euthanasia purposes or for food/leather products,) but I'm also for my right to eat chickens, raise chickens and eat their eggs, and to also to hatch some of those eggs so I have more chickens and eggs to eat in the future. Since PETA is so against people eating meat, how about someone prove that plants have sensation and emotion (I know they can feel, but are they "scared?") and then the PETA people can all starve to death when they realize cutting off the guts (roots) off of corn makes it die slowly and painfully (it lives for DAYS,) and that eating plants is MONSTEROUS and tortures the plant. LOL...you have to kill SOMETHING to eat. Its a fact of life. Yum, fried chicken and corn on the cob!! :D

reality101

What came first - the chicken or the idiot?

sf

people are upset over that? I mean the girl was on SURVIVOR...she was starving her tribe had soem chickens- what do you expect? It was part of survival, get over it PETA! I'm an animal lover but c'mon, it's ridiculous to start something over that.

Zenophobe Alien

Pardon me while I go choke my chicken

Only swim in the Ocean