PETA to Hasselbeck

'Cluck You!'

8/2/2007 12:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Whoopi's long overdue employment announcement wasn't the only news on "The View" yesterday. Elisabeth Hasselbeck revealed the thigh slapping news that she has chopped off a chicken's head -- and PETA thinks that's just foul!

Chicken and Elisabeth Hasselbeck
After using hand motions to describe how to accurately decapitate a chicken, grossing out the audience more than she usually does, polite talk then resumed. Now Lizzy's in the soup with PETA, and they had this nugget for the right wing chicken winger:

"PETA has two words for Hasselbeck, 'Cluck you!' Next to Barbara and Joy, who expressed compassion, Elisabeth sat there chirping about the joys of killing defenseless birds. Conservatives love animals too, and she ruffled a lot of feathers today. Now that Whoopi has joined the show, maybe it's time for Hasslebeck's head to go on the chopping block."

Reps for "The View" had no comment.

Tribble

Oh geez. Along with the ridiculous amount of Lane Garrison stories I see this on TMZ today. She cut off the head of the chicken on Survivor. She had to eat somehow!

& I wonder does PETA give a rat's arse that on Survivor & other shows I've seen people eat poor defenseless bugs while they're alive? Hmm? Apparently PETA only cares if they're cute & fuzzy.

Wicked1

This IDIOT is doing ANYTHING to stay in the news. The shows ratings have tanked and people can't stand this stupid woman so she wants to add controversy and "shock" whatever viewers they have left. I stopped watching that show ALONG time ago and would only consider watching it again if they got rid of the IDIOT!

Allred Tree

E-mail "The View" with your complaints about Elisabeth. They need to get rid of her and then, Joy should be next. Those two are the ones who CONTINUALLY INTERRUPT conversations and are responsible for most of the CROSS-TALK.

I am so sick of hearing Elisabeth rant on about how "I feel or I worry" - she is all about herself and her voice alone is bad enough to make me reach for the remote. We all know by now that she is pregnant and her exposing her bare stomach the other day was as disgusting and juvenile as her remarks about killing the poor chicken.

Just had chicken for lunch....yummy!

PETA is so dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, seriously, it's not like she was cutting the chicken's head off for the fun of it. I really have zero respect for PETA when I hear crap like this.

Joe Tyler

#98---Yea, I am retarded. Hey, where were you today when the little bus came to pick you up for your special education classes?

cha cha

needed to repeat:

The problem animal lovers everywhere have with Elizabeth's description of the death of the chicken is the brainless smile she had on her face as she described with glee how the poor thing suffered. That was really unnecessary, and just further proof that she's a hideous individual with no moral character--it's been replaced by a fascist political agenda.

St. Olof

MEAT IS DINNER!
MEAT IS DINNER!
MEAT IS DINNER!
MEAT IS DINNER!
MEAT IS DINNER!
MEAT IS DINNER!
MEAT IS DINNER!

Endeanner

Get over it.. I used to do this myself when I was a kid.. had to help butcher chickens and hogs.. So freakin what... some people just need to get off of their butts and find something else to do, besides whining and complaining about a dead chicken. it is sometimes a matter of survival..

mti

This woman has got to go!! IS it just me, or is she one of the dumbest personalities on TV?? Can't anyone see it?? She's a bloody stupid moron.... I'm just being honest... but come on already Barbara Walters!! Kick this dumb chick to the curb...... bring some intellect to your little hen house!

Linda

Haley....go hug a tree.

Elizabeth has every right to her opinion on the show. I hate those liberal opinions but I sure don't bash them. They have every right to their opinions as well. If we all thought alike it would make for a boring world.

sabrina

Really tried to watch the View today but Elisabeths voice had me turning off the tv quickly---ewwwwww

Melissa B.

I love and admire Barbara, and I respect and find humor in Joy. I find Whoopee enjoyable, but would like to see Sherry Shepard added, as well, for her intelligence and humor. However, please LOSE the braindead, no-talent, bigmouth who thinks she's good enough to tell the rest of the world how to live. CRUELTY IS INEXCUSABLE!.

Claire

I'm absolutely disgusted how many peolpe are saying "you don't need compassion for a chicken!"

That's absolutely sick and I feel sorry for the world with people like you in it.

cha cha

(It was given to us by God. Are you an athiest or am I a crackpot because I belive in God?)

Yes "god" gave us animals AND VEGGIES.
The good thing about eating veggies is they dont have hearts,families,faces,eyes,blood.GET IT? God some people.

MEAT IS MURDER

MEAT IS MURDER

JUST SAY NO TO MURDER FOR DINNER!

Claire

LMAO off CrispyCritter

God cooked and ate animals? Since when is God a person? LOSER.