Drummer Girl Says Bomb, Not Firecracker, Blasted Finger

8/3/2007 2:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A teenage punk drummer, whose hand was blasted in a July 4 explosion, says that whatever blew up next to her -- resulting in an amputated index finger -- was more like a weapon than a firecracker.

Roisin Isner of the band Tinkture tells TMZ that what was thrown at her as she sat watching fireworks in San Francisco's Dolores Park wasn't just a roman candle or the like. "What got thrown at me was a spent CO2 cartridge ... stuffed with dynamite ... and fixed with a hobby fuse ... legally deeming it a bomb," says Roisin (pronounced Roh-sheen).

She didn't pick up the explosive, she says, merely put her hand next to it to get up and run away. When the "bomb" blasted, it turned the bones of her index finger to "mush," she says, and her middle finger was badly broken.

The good news for Isner is that she'll be playing the drums again, albeit with one less finger on her right hand. Still, she has no idea why anyone would want to harm her in this way, and police still haven't found the culprit. Isner, for one, isn't too worried: "It definitely won't grow my finger back."

Terry

I took my girls to a park once to watch fireworks, Someone threw a firecracker right next to my youngest daughter and just missed her by an inch, Her hearing was damaged for months afterward. I have never out in crowds on the fourth july again. That was many years ago.

Terry

# 14 by mbsmith
The same thought also crossed my mind but the truth would/will come out as I'm sure she was alone.
It's a sad thing to happen to her. I can't imagine the frustration her parents must feel unable to find who did it.

Dr. 04102

out of all the musicians in the world... of all the bands in the world.... why did tmz post about her? it sucks that she blew a finger, but she's not famous. Maybe tmz is trying to make her famous... but why?

J Byrd

Wow as a fellow rocker musician/guitarist, I would not want this to happen to anyone at all, not my family, friends, the public or myself.
Bless you girl and keep playing your drums!! Rock on forever!!!

The Expatriot

How do you pronounce her first name again?

Cara

Umm, she wasn't fooling around, do you know how many people there were at Dolores Park? I was like 20 feet away and she was with about 10 friends, too many witnesses have confirmed what happened.

laughing at you

who the Hell is she?? Why is there even a story about her on here?? She's no-body!! TMZ must have seriously been hurting for some news.

TW

I lost part of my left hand ring finger as a baby and though it makes life more interesting (having to explain what happened to the curious) it doesn't effect your overall functioning to any great degree. I do have a hard time holding a handful of M&M's or Skittles, though. Good luck, Roisin. You have a great attitude!

:[

That's sad, I hope whoever did it does time.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2