Ving Rhames' Dogs Maul Man to Death

8/3/2007 3:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

LAPD tells TMZ that "Mission Impossible" star Ving Rhames' dogs have mauled and killed a man who worked for the actor.

Cops tell TMZ the victim worked as a caretaker for Rhames, watching over the dogs and his home. The four dogs, including Mastiffs and an English Bulldog, have been taken into custody by Animal Control. When LAPD received the call this morning at 7:15, they say they found a 40-year-old black male on the front lawn, deceased.

Calls to Ving's reps were not immediately returned, and the actor, apparently, is out of the country shooting a movie.
KABC is reporting that the body of the caretaker had bites all over his body. And police tell us they've never gone out to the house for an incident related to the dogs before.

Story developing ...

lucky

How did race get into this? Jamal your a fool the race card is so over used no one accepts it anymore black people have worn it out.

Zenophobe Alien

Hey meat, do you really LOVE your dog? I mean REALLY love your dog?

Sues

Here we go again. So will this take a little heat off Vick - or maybe turn it up.

Charlotte

cut copy paste

You don't clip a dog's tail to make them more aggresive!!! What the hell is wrong with you?
A dog's tail is docked to keep the dog's appearance as it should be. And you don't "clip" it you put an elastic around it when they are first born and it dies and falls off. They don't even notice it is there.

Tangie

He's innocent! The caretaker did something, most likely. Quit convicting black men until proven guilty!

Zenophobe Alien

I see people like Paris and Nicole kissing dogs faces and I pray the dogs don't get Herpes.

anthonysdreamgirl**

Hey Doggy Style, do you have a sick mind? I mean a REALLY sick mind?>?

know it all

It should have been Micheal Vick !!!
Maybe the caretaker abused the dogs and they finally had enough of it.
PAYBACK's a YEEEEOOOUUUCCCCHHHHH !!!!

dogwise

This is NOT a dog problem. This is a people problem. Dogs do not attack for no reason. There has to be a cause. it could be breeding, it could be abuse, or both. I am a professional dog trainer with a degree in animal behavior. Dogs do not just all of a sudden kill someone, especially if they have had contact with the person, IE: this man was care taker of the property. People can "think" what they want, it does not make it true.
Dogs are innocent, they are by products of human or inhumane conditions. Getting rid of certain breeds of dogs will not stop dog attcks. Just because one dog type is in a fatal incident does not mean that ALL those types of dogs are vicious. Common sense people common sense....

Yummy

Doogy Style...this is true about Paris and Nicole

Enough is Enough....try thinking about why black people have played out the race card. Read a little, and research history for Gos's sake

I swear a certain type of people are so fugging slow.

Community Patroller

Sorry to say, but I can't stand vicious dogs. One attacked my kid years ago for no reason. He was helpless in a wheelchair. Pit bull damn near killed my baby. More than I hate dogs, I hate humans who keep vicious attack animals and train them to be vicious attack animals. The poor man, I bet he was fighting for his life against those four or five vicious beasts. I always blame the owner(s) of the animals. You can keep your animal restrained god&*^%$-it!, and keep in mind that not everybody is fond of big, huge, aggressive breed dogs. I know I'm not. I could care less about animals - especially dogs like that. I HOPE the animals get put to death and the owner (allegedly Ving Rhames) gets slapped with all kinds of lawsuits and fines. What a horrible way to die. That's worse than drowning to death.

turdtacular

This is why I hate animals they scare me so I stay away.

syl

The owners of any dangerous dogs should be held accountable and charged with manslaughter if their dogs kill someone. My sister's step-son was mauled to death by his neighbor's two pitbulls because of the caretaker's negligents. The caretaker left the gate open and the dogs came after the 10 year old boy. Guess what? The owner of the property and the caretaker were both charged with murder. The caretaker died in prison of a heartattack and I'm not sure how much time the owner of the property received. It happened in Newbury Springs in 2001. So you people who want and have dangerous dogs, think twice about owning them. Is it worth it?!

Ted D

#49

Ving Rhames needs to be charged with manslaughter. What would have happened had the animals gotten loose in the neighborhod? How many others would have been injured or killed? Ving owns the dogs and he just happens to be black. You need to stop playing the race card, got it? The race card is worn out understand?

TEinSP

It's not the breed, it's the owner. I'm soooo sick of hearing how bad pit bulls and other (vicious) dogs are. My family had pit bulls and boxers most of my childhood and NOT A ONE EVER HURT ANYONE!! And no we did not have big egos or anything to hide.