Are People Still Into "Just Not That Into You"?

8/7/2007 11:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Drew BarrymoreAfter failing in the talk show world, Greg Behrendt's immensely popular book, "He's Just Not That Into You," is now being developed as a feature film starring Drew Barrymore and Jennifer Connelly. Drew Barrymore in a romantic comedy? Get out!

The book, a self-help man-guide for women, was spun off from a 2003 episode of "Sex and the City," which used the title as a catchphrase. Behrendt is listed on IMDB as having served as a consultant on the show in 2001 -- meaning he didn't even work on the episode. This guy has made a career off of six words he didn't even write!

Behrendt gained notoriety for the book after several appearances on "Oprah." He landed his own talk show last year, but it was canceled after one season -- when viewers just weren't that into it.

just me

OMG! His TV show was the worst train wreck I have ever seen. I watchd it once or twice because it was new and I thought it might get better-but it only seemed to get worse. He is one disgusting man. How did he ever get a show??!!

Tony

I am a Drew Barrymore fan. I think she is a cute, talented actress with a great personally and a big heart. She has overcome drug and alcohol addictions at a very young age and has become a successful actress and film producer. She has also used her celebrity status to help fight world hunger, animal neglect, etc. She has given alot back to the community to include the world community. She is one of the few Hollywood actresses or actors that is actually a good role model for young people. I think she will do an awesome job in this upcoming film. However, I would like to see her branch out a little bit more and start doing other movies besides romantic comedies.

rachel

And obviously no one is into these comments, TMZ....

Barry

TMZ doesn't have it quite right...it was Greg Behrendt's comments to the writing staff of Sex & The City (whom he is chummy with) that inspired the aforementioned episode. The book was not meant as a true self-help book for women, it was meant more as a joke. He was as surprised as anyone by how many women thought the book was profound dating advice. The only reason it went farther than that (into talk-show & movie-land) is because of how delighted Oprah was by his personality. Can't blame him for riding that wave as far as it would take him. And if your negative comments about his daytime show are based on personal experience, all I have to say is: Don't you have a job???

Dennis

I just heard about this site called badonlinedates.com and man have i had some bad dates. Like this one chick...man o man was she clueless. Can only imagine the stories others have to tell, I think I'm going to sign up. Anybody have any bad dates before?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2