Amy Winehouse Treated for Exhaustion

8/8/2007 5:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Amy Winehouse was rushed to the hospital this morning after some sort of incident.
Amy Winehouse
Winehouse's rep confirms to TMZ that the tatted up singer was taken to a London hospital and treated for "exhaustion." The rep says Winehouse has since been discharged and is currently at home. She has been ordered to take "complete rest."

Frightening Fangs -- click to launchWhen asked what prompted this, the rep would only say "it came about quickly." No other details were available.

Winehouse's rep says that the singer's grueling world tour schedule is most likely to blame.

For now, no no no more shows for Amy. They've all been canceled.

roz

Amy's got to go to Rehab, I say yeah, yeah , yeah!

A.M.

Um, yeah...sure "exhaustion"---maybe from doing too much coke!

marie

Eww, that girl just needs some food!

michebean

pathetic

amanda

Shes just as skinny as Nicole Richie so how come shes not getting it for being too skinny??

Amy S

I think Amy Winehouse has no talent,druggie, and is a Huge loser SLEEZEBALL!

CS

EWWW! There are Ethiopians fatter than her!

MrMister

I love how all you people up here "know" so much. While there may be some truth to the *speculation* as to what has happened, who really knows the absolute truth. I'm betting that it's not a single person on this board. I like her music and hope that she gets past whatever she may be going through. As to the comments of "normal" peple not suffering from exhaustion, thats total BS. Maybe I have a different idea of what normal is. Who's to say that she doesn't have a legitimate medical condition? Understandably the general public has become jaded when it comes to situations like this, but until something is proven everyone should just keep their negativity and attacks on her looks to themselves. Just my 2 cents.

sungsam

Well, by "exhaustion" they mean a drug overdose. She also swallowed an entire bottle of ugly pills.

sungsam

BAMA

NEED DRUGS! NEED DRUGS!

cj

l dont know what the hype is about this ugliest singer i have ever seen. You call that whining out of her mouth singing???.. l saw an interview with her and she is full of herself, thinks she is the cutest ever...she makes me puke...She looks like a rag that even a washing machine can;t clean.

Ronnie Faith

Boy, in the light of day she looks really unhealthy and dirty..and not in a good way. And she cant afford someone to do her laundry so she turns her shirt inside out?? I thought I liked her voice in her first releases, but now I think she's just another alcoholic lost soul looking for attention in all the wrong ways.

skeptic

lets see... continued cancelled shows.. now being treated for "exhaustion". girl needs some food, less drugs/alcohol, and god.

Ash

She's disgusting. The image of her unkempt, sloppy, bony, with missing teeth screams, "drug addict!"