'Big Brother' Shiksa

Shiksa Learns

Jews Have Jewish Names

8/8/2007 12:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Click to play!Relations between Israel and the "Big Brother" house are strained today, after a somewhat anti-Semitic rant from crybaby housemate Amber hit the Internet this week. Oy vey!

Where to begin, already? First of all, Amber said the majority of Jews she knows are "selfish." She then went on to say that her mom and sister explained to her that one can tell who is Jewish based on "their last name" and "by their nose." Gevalt! Amber then proceeded to tell a story about a selfish waitress she worked with who turned out to be ... wait for it ... Jewish! Didn't see that one coming! A shonda!

Jameka, who was on the receiving end of Amber's deep thoughts, reminded Amber that she shouldn't make blanket statements like that. "Yeah, you're right," Amber replied. "There is so much to think about." Most of which, it would seem, Amber has avoided thus far. Shmendrik.

William S. Paley, Ukrainian Jew, was largely responsible for the rise of the CBS network.

UPDATE: Abraham Foxman, National Director of the
Anti-Defamation League tells TMZ: "It's offensive. It's part of the unintended consequences of the communications revolution. Anybody can say what they do - but reality shows are now giving license to these expressions of anti-Semitism. Now, all of a sudden, the world is privy to their bigotry and it's on national television... then enhanced on YouTube. What they've done is distributed anti-Semitism -- which started as a private conversation -- and by putting it on a reality TV show broadcast it to the world at large. I want CBS to understand they are facilitating anti-Semitism. They should act responsibly to the community; they are legitimizing bigoted conversation."

UPDATE: CBS has issued the following statement:
"BIG BROTHER is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 - and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by Amber Siyavus on the live Internet feed to be offensive and they will not be part of any future broadcast on the CBS Television Network.

Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a Houseguest appearing on BIG BROTHER 8, either on any live feed from the House or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

Natasha

why jew fear critiszism so much? why they demonize all those who oppose their views, why this world is bias and racist? when are we going to live the present in the present and leave the past to the past? jewish people are committing war crimes against palestinians since 60 years of injustice, supported and covered up by the media of the west, to blind the world from their crimes, they are so closed minded, they dont like any critisizm to their actions towards this world, THEY ARE NOT INNOCENT, IF THEY SUPPORT A HOLICAUST IN OUR PRESENT TIME, THEY LIVED THE PAST, WHY ARE THEY REPEATING WHAT THEY DONT WANT TO REMEMBER ON OTHERS? COME ON NOW

Jus D truth

#3 spy...THANK YOU, for speaking/writing the TRUTH!!! I have worked w/many Jewish people over the years. What I have noticed is that it is not uncommon to hear from the parents to say "my son/daughter is a dr. - or my son the LAWYER" yup I think its fair to say that Jews have $$$ cuz they are in high-paying professions.
NOW, DOES THAT MAKE ME A RACIST??

Anita

Being Jewish is a religion - spoken from a Hispanic Jew, who happens to be married to a Chinese-American Jew. :)

Karan

We are fighting for the protection of their homeland and I think this ethnic group needs to add more to our fighting force.
I am not being Anti-Semitic but I do believe that the military needs doctors and attorneys even if it is at the National Guard level.

huh

This is AMERICA and people are protected by something called the First Amendment.

We all know that there are homophobs, anti-semites, racists, massagonists and haters of that FAT PIG ROSIE.

But that is what makes America GREAT!!!

Get over it, beautches!!

Jewish Girl

I am so happy you published this. It is sad and very scary to me that there are people like Amber, commenters Simon, spy and "me" in this world. Maybe this will make some people who are ignorant, but intelligent enough to consider reason, rethink their views and the true reasons for them.

Tangie

So you can tell if a person is jewish by their nose or name....big deal.

tba

Dear Hooray,
Questions like the one you posed iare why there's alot of moronic people like yourself on this site who need to study-up before they open their mouth. When you decide to open a book or google to look for answers, come back to me with an intelligent answer.

smitty

7. Serious question, how many Jewish people are serving in the U.S. Military as of today?

Posted at 12:26PM on Aug 8th 2007 by Karan

How many of your religion are serving in the military today? Is this not your homeland too. Why aren't you serving or are you? Maybe they need someone of your profession serving too. Not being anti-whatever you are, of course

JG

Who cares. Yes she is ignorant but she is entitled to her opinion.

jewish smewish,,

my dads jewish...he is pretty selfish, and many jewish names do end in MAN or berg rite? and he does have a "bigger" nose than many non jewish whites.
the ugly truth about being jewish that i kno OF.....

now with blacks.....truth to some thing but i dont kno and i dont care...and dont want to b part of the stereotypes

matzoh ball

As a Jew with an Italian sounding name (and a face and nose that can pass for Italian, Greek, Mexican, Hungarian, Persian, etc.), I enjoy the fun when someone makes an anti-semitic remark to me thinking I'm not "one of them." I love the look on their faces when I say, "I guess you didn't know I was Jewish."

bebe

Wow! I watch this show religiously (pardon the pun) and I did not see Amber say this. Maybe it was on the showtime live feed at midnight or something. I can only take so much of that live feed--watching people brush their teeth or whisper unintelligibly isn't super fascinating.

Anyway, Amber is pretty foul, talking about her meth addiction and faking pregancies to keep a boyfriend. She seems to have an IQ of 70 or 80, so if she favors offensive, hateful rules just to tell her fellow waitresses apart, I'm not surprised.

I'm proud of Jameka for setting her straight.

Jeezlouise

So we have big noses, big deal.

Tangie

#4--me---you are an idiot. Who cares if a person is jewish or not? Your statement is absurd.