Mel B

Secretly Married

in Vegas!

8/8/2007 7:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed that Scary Spice Melanie Brown was secretly married to beau Stephen Belafonte last month!

Melanie B, Stephen: Click to View!

As first reported by Perez Hilton, Scary and Stephen were married in a quickie Vegas ceremony on June 6. A clerk at the Clark County Marriage Bureau confirms there is a marriage certificate.

Brown was supposed to appear on tonight's "Larry King Live," but was a no-show because Mel and herClick to View baby are sick.

Mel's rep tells TMZ the couple are "very happy" and "very much in love. They have had a deep friendship for a number of years," adding, "that has developed into a loving relationship." As to the reason for secrecy, Mel's rep says there was none. "They just value their privacy."

Euromum

Congatiolations Mel B.

As for the many mean comments about Mel B. Here is how we look at her in Europe.
Mel B is part of the famous pop group Spice Girls. The Spice Girls where GIGANTIC and they will be again! This group was when they still where performing one of the most successfull groups ever. The girls made a fortune that they all still can live of for the rest of their lives. So Mel B does not need Eddis money at all. When the news came out that the Spice Girls are reuniting and performing again it was a huge news over here and it caused a sensation because we loved them back then and we still love them now. In Europe the Spice Girls and Mel B included are far more famous then this actor who makes funny cop movies.

So Mel B does not need to get pregnant with a rich mans baby to make money she is rich herself and will earn even more millions when she is on tour with the Spice Girls. I keep my fingers crossed that the girls will knock us all out when they start again. I have the feeling there can be a huge surprise on the horizon. I have seen there show years ago and it was sensational.

As for Mel B getting married short after she gave birth to Eddies baby. Have you forgotten how he made her look like a hore on dutch TV. Have you forgotten that he left her all alone all through her pregnancy and when she gave birth her babies dad was not with her. Every woman that expects a baby dreams of going through this experiance as a loved woman and togeather with her childs father. Eddie and his detective did draw very superficial and wrong conclusions and without talking to the accused first.

If I was Mel B I would not just fight Eddie for childsupport I would also go to court for being made a cheap hore in public. He deserves to be punished and not just by paying a lot of money to Mel B and her Baby but also by loosing his once fine reputation for good.

As a person and man I think he is very cold and mean. Even if there where never any plans to make a baby or getting married as he again, claimes in public. I would for the innocent little girls sake never go out in public and say her mum is not telling the trouth. By saying he did not want her and acting like he does not want her now eather he does crush this little girls heart for ever.

THAT MAKES THIS MAN A HUGE SWINE!!!!!

Desiree

Hey, BeFrom EuroTrash - here's what we think of Euro-trash like Mealanie here - SHE'S A WHORE! As for the Spice Girls, LOL, they didn't do much for us the first time around, and vomiting themselves back up at us again is just a joke - The Spice Skanksare a bunch of desperate has-beens that think Victoria will make them famous except Victoria is an anorexic attention-whore skank trying to steal fame and glory from her own husband and Posh Skank couldn't even get her tacky reality show off the ground. You want the Spice Skanks, BeFromEuro-Trash ? You are welcome to them, we are just laughing at the over-the-hill Spice Skanks, and it has been "suggested" that they do their lame-ass tour in BAGHDAD! Yeah, that's what we think of these no-talent skanks here, we want them dropped on IRAQ! Oh, and in case I forgot to mention....MEL B. IS A WHORE AND HER LOSER HUSBAND IS A CROOK AND A PHONY! They both make stupid Eddie Murphy look like a saint, they are such trash. And here's a poor baby, is going to be raised by these immoral trashy losers - SO beyond sad!

Euromum

Olala, BeFromTHE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
I seem to have made you furious. Sorry about that.

You have the right to your opinion of course. The only thing I wonder is how you can call me TRASH. You have never met me.
I am also surprised how you can call me trash when you yourself use a very cheap and uneducated language. English is not my mothertongue so if I have a funny english it is understandable but you if I am not misstaken speak english as you first language. I have visited the USA a number of times and always found that american english is just as beautyful a the british version of it so why trashing a great language the way you do?
I am no trash such as much as you most likely are not eather. So if you are mad at me that is fine, just try to be it with some more style please.

RCG

Since her "new" husband was a longtime friend and they fell in love WHY didn't she let
him father her child ? Oh I forgot he doesn't have Eddie's money. She doesn't love
Eddie and never did. She just wants attention and more money

lucky

I am confused........now Mel B. wants privacy. So much for true love, what a joke. If I were her, I would beware, maybe her new husband has Eddie's $$ on his mind.

Fay

HOLD UP. THIS BISH HAS BEEN BASHING EDDIE FOR MONTHS ABOUT HIM QUESTIONING THE PATERNITY OF THAT BABY, AND ALL ALONG THIS WHORE HAS BEEN WITH SOME OTHER MAN ALL ALONG????? NO WONDER EDDIE QUESTIONED IT. HE HAD EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO. SHE KNEW THIS BROKE DUDE SHE MARRIED COULDNT KEEP HER IN THE LIFESTYLE SHE IS USE TO. SO SHE USED EDDIE MURPHY TO GET PREGNANT, AND NOW IS SET FOR LIFE WITH CHILD SUPPORT. WHAT A SKANKY WITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously

Well, well, well.......this explains a WHOLE lot. And she said she doesn't live her life "that way", making decisions on the spur of the moment, irresponsibly - the whole time she was married in a little freakin Las Vegas wedding chapel!!!!! She just lost my sympathy. Who would have cared had she gotten married? The fact that she kept is a "secret", all the while accusing Eddie Murphy of being irresponsible!!!!!! She's a playa

newsflash

That's it Mel - throw all caution to the wind - it will work out fine, just like the last couple of times.

emj

I smell a set up. Hey Scary, do us all a favor and go away. No one really cares about your talentless ass. You somehow got yourself preggers by Eddie Murphy and now you claim he wanted it. Yeah right. You did. HELLO your clock is ticking. At least he has the class to keep it all out of the papers unlike you. Go one with our so called life. Take care of your kids and GO AWAY. You will be divorce with a year........

ratboy

2 years, tops...

Seriously

BeFromEurope - Do they teach ya'll how to spell over there? Didn't like the Spice Girls first time around, like Victoria Beckham even LESS, now that she came over here with her pouty lemon-sucker snout, and DO NOT LIKE Scary anymore for trashing my man Eddie as being irresponsible and loose, when all along she was throwing stones in her own glass house..........she should be ashamed, and I hope the spice geeks go broke......I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want......

Euromum

Well, SISTA :-o)

Year, they tried to teach me to spell correctly in your language BUT since I do not have the time to sit on a dictionary I do not care as long as you get what I want to say.

Oh and SISTA how many languages do you speak? I can handle 3 ...hmmm wait 5 if I count norwegian and danish that I can at least read and understand...make it 6 if I count that I can get some islandic ...hmmm do you think we can count some exotic dialects such as austrian and swizz german (do I spell that right?), then we are up to 8.
Okaj SISTER, your turn, du bist drann, din tur.

You are welcome to answer me in all those languages mentioned including swedish and german.

Yeah, I said it

Excuse me, but I'm confused. She said the wedding was not secret they just "value their privacy"!! Maybe Mr. Belafonte values their privacy but I find it hard to believe that Mel does. HELLO!! For the past couple of months she has given interviews and hired a publicity-whore high-powered attorney to drag Eddie Murphy's name through the mud.
She has made a beloved actor/comedian look like a deadbeat dad and a cad for leaving her when she was preggers w/this kid! She even had me believing Eddie was wrong for what he did, then I find out she was dating this man(Belafonte) while she was pregnant!Obviously, she wasn't THAT heartbroken, she seemed to have gotten over Eddie pretty quick! This could be the reason that Eddie made that infamous comment on that tv show. As the norm in this generation, Eddie had every right to doubt the paternity of this child, just watch the Maury Povich show. Although he went on to date someone else and even fall in love, he did the right thing by getting a DNA test and finally proclaiming that he's a father once again. The guy just got divorced from his wife of 10 years that he shares 5 kids with. He's probably still working out the child support, alimony and custody issues. I'm sure he will take good care of this child as he does his others. Mel is just bitter that her "plan" backfired. Really, how can you tell a man you're pregnant with his child and months later, while still pregnant, start dating another man you've known for years? Do you really think her pregnancy was mutually planned? I don't feel sorry for Mel, she had this Belafonte guy as a friend/support system while she was preggers and someone to share her life with as a family. SHE's the one that got married in a rush and kept it a secret until the DNA test results came back! Not many single moms are that lucky, especially finding someone while u are preggers! She wants to say that all she ever wanted was for Eddie to acknowledge her child but just as soon as she found out it REALLY is his, now she wants support! It makes one wonder what was her motivation the whole time.$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah, I said it

As I read these blogs, this story gets shadier and shadier. I agree that Mel and this Belafonte guy probably planned this whole scam. As for being wealthy herself, then why can't she be a better person and tell Eddie she doesn't need his money being that she can support her child on her own. I doubt if that thought ever crossed her gold-digging mind. What does this Belafonte guy do for a living? Come on, when Belafonte was dating her while she was pregnant and saw how she was being "disrespected" by Eddie, why didn't he tell her to just drop it and step up to the plate and say that he would be Iris' father, if he loved her so much? I can't imagine why this guy was sitting back and not doing a damn thing. Maybe he was waiting for the big payday like she was. And what's the deal with her dragging Nicole into this mess? I don't believe for one second that meeting was about them getting to know one another, as their children are siblings.(Maybe they are thinking about doing a reality tv show "The Baby Mamas Club"). I wonder what Nicole's thinking now that this little cat is out of the bag? Seems like to me Eddie aint the only one that's getting played. If I were Eddie, I would call her bluff on being in Iris' life, by first questioning Mel's new husband's shady past and his intentions. It's just as well that Eddie doesn't stoop to that level, it would only garner her more of the attention she craves. Funny, she wants Eddie to pay her child support, yet, she had to pay her first babby daddy alimony! Well, I guess we'll see how much Belafonte will get in a year or two. ;)
p.s.
USA and Europe, let's just stick to the topic at hand. Arguing back and forth is not cool.

Tick

I'm happy for her. But she needs to get a grip. Last year she loved Eddie. This year, it's this guy. She should stay single for a while.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments