Mel B's New Husband Has Paternity Issues

8/10/2007 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Scary Spice's new husband, Stephen Belafonte, has paternity issues of his own! The groom was sued in 2006 to force him to pay child support to his baby mama.

TMZ has obtained a complaint filed against Stephen Belafonte by the County of Los Angeles in 2006, ordering him to pay $254 a month in support for his 3-year-old daughter, Giselle. Sound familiar? Stephen's new Spicewife filed against Eddie Murphy to get him to pony up for their new baby girl, Angel Iris Murphy Brown.

Daddy's got a new Sugar Mama!

Joe Tyler

Do you think Mel B. is asking for $254.00/month from Eddie. That really is not fair, he should pay just like Spice girl's man needs to pay up too. She is blaming one thing on Eddie, yet marries a man who is not there for his child. I worked many years in Social Services and saw a lot of guys not stand up for their children. MEN----if you do not want kids, WRAP UP YOUR MEAT!!!!! Think with the brain before you stick it in!!!! Yes---$254.00/ month is very low, even in the Midwest. So, Mel B. is asking for child support for Iris and the new hubby?

Desiree

Get real, NIK. Mel B is trash and a whore. Eddie Murphy is a jerk and deserves whatever happens to him for being too stupid to recognize trash and whores. As for the Spice Hags reunion BS, let's hope this stupid idea has been killed once and for all.

Candy Barr

That is a trip! Here she is bad mouthing Eddie Murphy, and her man is doing the same thing . . . Perhaps even worse! I am sure they discussed what she was going to do before she did it, and he said nothing. Shame! It's funny that that came out after her Larry King appearance . . .

Melissa

Wow, his daddy raised him right. Come Mr.Tallyman, tally me banana !

KAT

POLITICS SURELY DO NOT HAVE TO BE MENTIONED, #12, YOU TOTAL MORON! A USER IS A USER NO MATTER THE POLITICS, RELIGION, COLOR, CREED, ET CETERA!! THEY ALL USED EACH OTHER TO FURTHER THEIR OWN LITTLE AGENDA, MONEY BEING THE OBVIOUS KEY. KEEP TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND!!!

frankiestage

So now Allred's plan is to extort a house from Eddie. Guess women want to see just how far they can take it, huh? I mean if McCartney's ex can demand half his fortune after a few years of marriage, why CAN'T Scary get a $9 million dollar house? The demise of male/female relations continues.

lor

I don't know what's wrong with this chick. First, by her own admission, she states that she had a brief but intense relationship with Murphy and they spoke of planning a family. Of course it was intense, it's always intense in the beginning. Also, what dude do you know would talk about having kids with a chick he just started banging? They don't exist. She probably got knocked up on purpose to hang on to him and he bolted. Now she marries a dude with a questionable past who's real name is not Belafonte. He is accused of beating on his ex. I always knew the spice girls were no talented brainless bimbos.

brat

"Democrates" is an idiot. her husband changed his name so people would think he was related to harry belefonte- and look- it worked cause that's what "democrat" thought. so obviously, mel's husband is smarter than democrate is.

Go with the Flow!

Why do MEN deny that they fathered somebody's baby, when they know that a DNA
can prove otherwise. Unless they believe cheating involved than it is ok to question
the paternity. I used to think Eddie Murphy was a cool guy, but now I think he is a big
loser. Having money does not mean that people have morals and virtue also.

Wasn't he caught with a prostitute some time ago? He is a pig and he should see
his little baby, he can't take it out on the poor innocent baby (the last I heard, he hadn't
seen her) HE IS A FREAKING PIG. He's always cheated on all his partner's, sooner or
later if I remember correctly.

lori all talk radio.net

WOW , I HAVE LEARN ALOT ABOUT THIS NEW HUSBAND . THATS BOLD TO STAND UP AND SAY A FATHER SHOULD DO THE RIGHT THING AND SHE JUST MARRIED ONE WHO ISNT. IM NOT SURE IF I UNDERSTAND HER. . SHE SAYS THE ONLY THING SHE CAN ASK FOR IS SUPPORT FOR THE BABY. EDDIE MADE AN OFFER. WHATS THE DEAL. SHE KNOWS SHE CANT MAKE HIM DO ANYTHING ELSE.

GHOST

Well well well, Stephen Stansbury has been reborn into Stephen "Belafonte" and has fooled Hollywood as well as Sugar momma, Scary Spice. The real sucker here is not Scary Spice but Eddie "Can't get enough of Tranny Feet" Murphy. Murphy was definitely tricked into having sex with Scary thinking she was on the pill. Now Murphy will have to take care of Scary, Angel and Mr. "I am not the illegitimate son of" Harry Belafonte. Props to you Stephen, you made from a local grifter to high-profiled con man. Hope your warrants don't catch up to you.

She Looks Fabulous

Is this supposed to be a set up for a $hakedown on Eddie Murphy?

I was wondering why Mel & her lawyer kept saying that Eddie had not publicly acknowledged the baby. When his publicist sent out that message that he had acknowledged. That seemed to be some sort of victory. Then I saw clips of the Larry King interview with the lawyer saying they wanted the baby to be "protected". It is interesting the way this thing is being correographed. It is good to try and protect the child but it is being done in a manner that I wonder if the judge in this case will have any sympathy for Mel.

Also, regarding inheritance. I know of a case where the wealthy mother left a huge chuck of her wealth to each of her sons, she had 2. But her daughter she left a meager sum compared to her wealth. The exact amount is fuzzy in my mind but it was something like $5,000.00 or $500,000.00. This is very little compared to what her sons got, which was in the millions each.

This was done so that the daughter would have something and that the courts would know that the mother had addressed the issue and had not left her out should the daughter try and contest the will and try and get a bigger sum. The mother had made sure that the daughter would not inherit a significant sum of her wealth.

There seems to be all sorts of legal maneuvering and posturing people can do to have an outcome that benefits them. But there seems to always be a way around it.

I wish Mel would cool it. She could set up a situation where her child might get penalized because she is trying to force someone to do something that they don't want.

She Looks Fabulous

I also meant to say, why was it necessary that Eddie acknowledge the baby when the DNA had already proved that he was the father? This is the part that seemed to be some sort of victory for Mel and her lawyer.

GHOST

It appears that Stephen Belafonte a.k.a Stephen Stansbury is the real life incarnation of the talented Mr. Ripley.

nativehoney31

Leave the girl alone. She had done what many other women probably couldn't do and that is raise a baby all on her own. I'm sure most can I just mean it's a shame that men can't come forward and do their part and be a man about it. I don't think one wants to have a baby for money, I'm sure she was in love but he wasn't. He sounds like crap to me. What goes around comes around and I wishe her the best of luck. Don't talk unless you've walked in her shoes. I have and I am doing fine, me and my baby and I don't want a dime of his daddies money. Girl power!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3