Super Spinning Squirrel

8/10/2007 12:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bird lovers hate squirrels. Even though no one has ever had their head crapped on by a squirrel, bird people continue to feed their feathered friends and find new ways to keep the furry rodents away from their precious bird feed.

The squirrel hatin' folks over at Bird Quest have created the ultimate bird feeder protection device. Twirl-a-Squirrel utilizes an electronic motor to spin off offending rodents that hop on to your feeder while trying to secure a few precious sunflower seeds to feed their starving families.

While the results are hilarious, remember: There's no such thing as squirrel flu.

blah

I've had my head crapped on by a squirrel.

Animallover4ever

I'm a bird lover, but I also love squirrels. They don't bother anyone and they are cute!! I dfo not like this contraption. When I feed the squirrels, the birds all fly for some as well, so share and share a like I say.

ObamaBiden

OK, but what does this have to do with celebrities? Or was that that Rocky from Bullwinkle?

megn

Thanks for the comic relief, tho it was hard to tell it was a joke as opposed to the rest of TMZ's postings. But anyway, the squirrel flu link was especially funny. Check it out.

GET A LIFE

THAT'S JUST MEAN!!!!!

teeks

If you're going to feed birds, why not feed the squirrels too? It's not like squirrels attack birds or are harmful to them. Why not let them share? I hate birds. They are the most useless animal on the planet.

Your article makes a great point - there's no squirrel flu.

Robin

I have a squirrel and if someone tried to do that to Mr. Sauirrel I would so be getting even!!

Tina

Yep! Ok so I feel the same as far as if you feed the birds there is no dought you can SPEAR extra seeds for the squirrel and it's little ones but HOWEVER. It may not carry the bird flu it has the potential to be worse have you heard of the PLAGUE....................

Switch

omg that's funny

dani948

That's because our society has been conditioned to think that cruelty to animals is funny. There was a commercial recently on TV where a guy runs over a raccoon and thinks it's hilarious.

People who compartmentalize themselves by thinking It's okay to feed the birds and be nice to them, but let's go after and hurt the squirrels are deluded. You either like ALL animals or you don't. If you're going to feed one group, feed them all. Period. Don't compartmentalize.

We have a bird feeder that's hangs free so that only birds can access it....but a lot of seeds fall on the ground and would otherwise go to waste were it not for the squirrels who position themselves on the ground and eat them all. Everybody wins. They're all cute, and I'm not going to discriminate.

cmb21

Yeah, no such thing as squirrel flu until that little dude gets flung off the go-round, then you'll definitely have a "Squirrel Flew!"

Stef

I can't stand birds. I have bird feeders in my yard though.
I spray the perches down with WD-40.
The best things in life really are free.

chris

They may not carry bird flu, but do carry fleas, rabies, plague, ticks, and a host of other not so fun little surprises. I'd rather take the chance of attracting birds to my garden, who at least will help rid it of nasty critters, than attract squirrels who just bring the nasty critters with them.

Amanda

ummm this device is sooooo old it's not even funny...how did you JUST hear of it

Juliane The Animal Lover

That is unbelievably cruel and unjustified. Just awful....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments