The Devil and Billy Graham

8/10/2007 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rev. Billy Graham's cover photo for Time magazine is innocent enough in and of itself -- but when you look at it superimposed over the Time logo, it looks like someone drew devil's horns on him. Say your prayers!
Billy Graham
The cover article, headlined "The Pastor In Chief," focuses on his "intense private and public relationships with every President going back to Harry Truman." The article does not mention, however, how Graham once said he thinks AIDS is a judgment of God.

Perhaps this cover is someone's judgment of him?

irishgirl

Amen Southern Girl.

Renee

I did not even notice the placement of the word "M" over his head until it was pointed out. Shame on Time for not correcting or cropping the photo.

Shartoo

Billy Graham is a true man of God. If you have ever listened to him interviewed at any length, he is a very tolerant, loving man who makes NO attacks at gays or anyone else. If he has made any statements in the past, he has apologized and changed apologized for many things. He is NOT the textbook evangalist you see blabbering on t.v. and putting their hand out. I'm a Catholic and I admire him.

Vanilla Cokehead

I like the time Rev. Graham was on The Tonight Show and fellow guest Joey Bishop exclaimed, "holy Moses!" when meeting him. :)

BigDeal

Every word in the Bible IS FROM GOD. Inspired BY GOD, for the prophets to write.

If you read the bible you would know this. Idiot!

lea

to marym- #61-- You are SO right....eternity is a long time. But you're very fortunate to be able to look forward to spending it with someone whom you consider to be "the most beautiful human on the planet". When you spend eternity with him in HELL !!!!!!!!!

DirtyBird

lol, Gosh

some Christian you are, calling people idiots, when its just ignorance at fault.

im marking Christianity off my list now, with followers like you, dont need that hassle

1 in 3 chance to get it right now.

davi

Priceless.

Carl

OMG ! it's Batman !

Bex

Wow, so much hatred. Funny how we speak of tolerance, yet once the word Christian is uttered the hate spews forth. Interesting how when other strict religions (ie- Islam) is mentioned there's no hateful backlash.

Intriguing.

lucky

your stupid southern girl.. dont feel sorry for me feel sorry for you kids if you have any because they are going to grow up as messed up as you.

Billy Grahams going to burn in hell.

eastcoastobserver

Looks more like Batman to me. TMZ hits some low blows sometimes, and this is one of them.

Patty

Anyone who really cared about what the man stood for,
I don't think would even notice such a silly thing. My
focus upon viewing this cover was the man himself.
As for the TMZ's implications that he believes that
Aids was God's Judgement on people is redicoulus.
If Graham said that, my guess would be that he was
reffering to the end times in which the book of
Revalations notes Judgements of pestillence and disease
being poured upon the earth. That to me is not something
God uses to punish people, as it sounds TMZ would want
you to think of both God and Graham, but a consequence
of our actions here on earth. Nothing bad comes from
God, but consequences do happen when people start
living without morals. Having unprotected sex is a consequence
of bad judgement, not of God or Graham.

If your still just sure that Graham is the devil or of the devil,
then I think it's amzing how God himself uses the devil. My grandfather
is a confessed aethist, he just isn't sure if a God really exist or if some of
our preachers today are good representation of God, yet he reads Mr. Grahams column
in our local paper.

I myself appreciate Mr. Graham and his life long dedication. I am glad
he took the time to Pastor our leaders. Have you ever stop to think that
it is because our Country was founded on God, that we have it so much
better off?? Our Country has been richly blessed, and it's when you try to
take God out of the picture, out of the politicians, out of the law in the courtrooms
that we have such a mess, as we do today.

BigDeal

I apologize for the idiot comment. You're right I shouldn't have said that. Please forgive me. Don't give up on finding a religion!!!

But I am so tired of hearing degrading remarks towards God or Jesus Christ like He doesn't even exist and it's very hurtful. He IS REAL. I am not ashamed of my Christian belief and I will defend God even if it kills me.

Susie B

In 1993, Graham said in Columbus, Ohio "Is AIDS a judgment of God? I could not say for sure, but I think so." After seeing letters criticizing that comment, Graham later said "I remember saying it, and I immediately regretted it and almost went back and clarified the statement," and "To say God has judged people with AIDS would be very wrong and very cruel."

Source: http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:xmuXKarY2osJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Graham+billy+graham+aids+comment&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

There now...can we please stop bashing each other over this? Can you imagine if YOUR whole life was summed up with ONE quote you made?