Heidi: Spencer's Not The Only Fake

8/15/2007 3:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag's $2890.00 ring"The Hills" attention-whore-in-chief Heidi Montag got a serious rock from her, uh, beloved fiancee, Spencer Pratt. But it looks like the bling is about as "real" as all the bitchfighty drama on the MTV series.

As you may have seen, not-so-big-spender Pratt asks to borrow pal Brody Jenner's credit card to buy the engagement ring -- slow week with no tabloid photos to sell! Princess Heidi's engagement ring was purchased from the Ice Accessory store at a mall in Brentwood. Spencer ultimately picked out what looked like a pink diamond surrounded by diamonds, and even crowed that J. Lo and Kobe's wife Vanessa had identical ice, and that Heidi would need "a GPS device" for the ring in case she lost it.

One problem: Heidi's ring is a big fat FAKE! Sources tell TMZ that the pink diamond is really a lavender, lemon amethyst! The ring is surrounded by diamonds and the ring retails for $2,890! Not exactly chump change, but definitely a little low-rent for Jenny's block -- or ring finger.

BLINKING !!

I saw that ring at Ice in brentwood and it went for $795.00 . wasnt even 2 grand..I dunno who these people think there fooling

ginita

THEY DESERVE EACH OTHER, LOSERS!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO SPENCERS HAIR, HE LOOKS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, LAUREN??

NIKKI

You know what's so sad about you commentors (sp)? Is that you are all so superficial. To make such a big deal about the cost of a freaking ring. I mean the ring is not a signifier of HOW GREAT your love is for someone. It just shows that you're off the market. I don't care if my ring costs 20 or 100 dollars, as long as I am happy with whomever it may be. Boy....I tell you, this country is one of the most materialistic places I have ever lived in. And I am surely expecting some bashing to come my way but, I could give a slag's left tit!

Oh and this has nothing to do with the character of the the guy and the girl...this is strictly in reference to the comments about the value of the ring...

lindsay

3 grand could have bought a simple tasteful solitare,, but they don't have enough class to figure that out,, the store looked like a cheap Clairs Etc. store , he did not even buy from a jewelry store & What ??? why does Spencer not have his own credit car????/

Gee wiz,, I have 4 credit cards all with zero balances with a total available of $ 57,000, I am just some girl named Lindsey

name withheld

cb -- okay follower, it's called being mature and offering support when support is needed. It's also called being nice and not believing all the hearsay.

Anon

people, it's a tv show. it's all scripted. spencer is playing a part, that's all.

ahahaaaaa

I think that move to Michigan is really Heidi LOL. Either that or they are just really corney.

Michelle

Poor girl...she is so clueless...

me

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE PROBABLY GOT IT OUT OF A VENDING MACHINE AT WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate

#58 NIKKI....I totally agree with you. These girls wonder why they are single and miserable? Its not about the $25,000 ring or the $1million dollar wedding. Have you ever noticed that many people who go all out for their weddings and go into debt for it, are the ones who end up in divorce? My husband and I went to the justice of the peace and 5 minutes later were married. We are now going on 10 years. Meanwhile many friends of mine who spend over $50K on their wedding, are either divorced or about to be. Save the money for your house or your future. Don't waste it on a piece of jewelry that can either be stolen or lost. Look at Kelly Ripa. The chick is a freakin' millionaire and have you seen her wedding band? A simple gold band. No diamond. Get real people.

kazanoli

WHAT A COUPLE OF LOSERZ!!!! AND HEIDI'S NOSE.....MAKES HER LOOK LIKE WITCH!!! HMM........

deelicious

i agree with all of you that are saying that's it's not the value of the ring but the meaning of it. But what's funny is the comment that Spencer made to Brody about having to borrow $200,000k to pay for the ring. The fact that he always tries to come off as a big baller and he's really not. Who else thought the paint job he did on their apartment was horrible? God that shows what a tool he really is. " HOLLYWOOD" I mean who would spray paint that on their wall in an apartment. I loved Heidi's face when she saw it you could tell she hated it.

ponch

I laughed out loud hearing Spencer making comparisons between Heidi's new ring and JLO's. This guy wants to appear so up there (while we all laugh knowing better)
Doesn't Spencer and Heidi realize that people are laughing at them?? Everything those two do is a joke!

I watch the Hills to see Lauren, Whitney and others.

Let it Be

Gosh.......folks.

Do you believe that ANY of this Heidi & Spencer 'whatever' is even close to being the actual truth and /or....fact? Dedicate your energy, thoughts and your time for what's REALly ....important to 'YOU" in this life.

Why not take a pass on (IMHO)... ...what's no more than plain, ol' lousy acting; fake bling...... jelly b**b's AND ..........a display of self-serving, $$$$ ....intentions?

Enjoy the show - They will!

Christy

Oh what a puke. This clown is such a poser. He just wants his acne scarred face on the camera so he will do anything to make that happen including "acting" like a decent human being which we all know is such BS! Heidi you idiot! Think of all the decent guys you are missing out on. Take the opportunity to run from this moron and get back to being a decent person yourself!