« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Are You Ready for Some Football ... With Ryan?

8/16/2007 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan SeacrestThe NFL and Ryan Seacrest go together like Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise.

Nonetheless, word on the street is, the "Idol" ringmaster will handle pre-game and halftime hosting duties of the Super Bowl on Fox next February. Because nothing says manly man like a guy with frosted highlights. Seacrest out!

No halftime act has been named yet, but Clay Aiken would fit the bill nicely, no?

UPDATE: To be filed in the Who Knew? category, Ryan actually played high school football for the Dunwoody High School Wildcats in Atlanta. Ryan, as a strong safety, took his team all the way to the AAAA State Championship. Tackled by Seacrest-- good times!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jeremy Bosco

Of course, this is a GREAT choice. 'Cause when I think football, I think metrosexuality. Yeah, THAT'S gonna go over really well. It was bad enough when they had Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson for the halftime show a few years ago. Now this? What in the hell is the NFL thinking?

Kelly

Actually Clay Aiken would be a great fit. That is the only reason I would watch! But I think he is too busy touring his sell out show right now not to mention his upcoming Christmas tour. He doesn't need the NFL. But thanks for mentioning it!

CoolGirl2008

Well I certainly won't be watching Fox this year for football. How retarded.

morebigotsplz

Where are the racial slurs? Why aren't there more racial slurs on TMZ? Why only insulting comments about gays? We definitely need more racial insults and disparaging insinuations. Real men hate people of color too.

TheONE

What does this sissie know about football??

SuperStarSteve

If we can have closet cases on the field, then why not in the announcers booth?

Next Stop...Psych Ward

Cool!

Now we have 'Brokeback Football'!

I'll watch!

Radical Free Agent

Who is the guy stalking me on this website? Stop it or my brother will beat you up.

p.s. Cupcakes for sale!

Mrs. Harvey Levin

Will he be wearing a cheerleading uniform?!

Dawn

Well, that is it for me on the pre-game and half time shows for the Super Bowl. I can't stand Ryan. I hate him Idol; he's as annoying as a rock in a shoe. I also don't listen to him on the radio. I'd rather listen to the news. WHY HIM?! There are SOOOO many others out there that could handle the hosting.

Dunwoody#1

Go Ryan !! Straight as they come!

Switch

How colorful...

Danny

Did you ever notice that the gay bashers only attack straight men? If either of these guys was gay, it would be a hate crime and gay bashing which is so not cool. The cretins really don't hate these guys, they hate the gays and this blog gives them a place to act it out. .

stillwithcomcast

why can't he just go away.

Stephanie M

NO METROSEXUALS IN FOOTBALL!!!!! NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments