« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Are You Ready for Some Football ... With Ryan?

8/16/2007 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan SeacrestThe NFL and Ryan Seacrest go together like Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise.

Nonetheless, word on the street is, the "Idol" ringmaster will handle pre-game and halftime hosting duties of the Super Bowl on Fox next February. Because nothing says manly man like a guy with frosted highlights. Seacrest out!

No halftime act has been named yet, but Clay Aiken would fit the bill nicely, no?

UPDATE: To be filed in the Who Knew? category, Ryan actually played high school football for the Dunwoody High School Wildcats in Atlanta. Ryan, as a strong safety, took his team all the way to the AAAA State Championship. Tackled by Seacrest-- good times!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Law

I WON'T WATCH A SINGLE GAME ON FOX, IF HE IS ON THERE, HELL I MIGHT STOP WATCHING FOX...

bill

Who cares? Who watches the pregame or halftime show anyway? If you do, maybe YOU'RE the one who's gay.

Boo Hoo

Why won't he come out of the closet? It is no big deal in this day and age. What is he afraid of losing? It is not like his job depends on him being a sex symbol to women.

Diana

BTW, Ryan did not actually "play" football for Dunwoody. He was, like, the manager or the water boy or something, I think. I went to high school at a neighboring school at the same time he did; I met him once or twice through mutual friends, and I also knew him slightly at the University of Georgia. He's actually a decent guy. Or, he was in, like 1993 or something, which is the last time I spoke to him. I know, I know -everybody loves to hate him. But he's actually a pretty regular dude.

me me

Why not use Richard Simmons, he would be masculine

linwood berry

But he didn't make the cut to the final twelve
candidates...They wanted a macho macho man...

Attractive?

Oh hell no!
Seacrest out.......of the closet.

glynne1964

WTF?!!!! WTF?!!! WTF?!!! WTF?!!! What's next? J. Alexander, of America's Next Top Model, hosting World Extreme Fighting? Give me a freakin' break!

I DETEST RYAN SEMENCRUST! I WILL NOT WATCHING FOOTBALL IF HE'S GOING TO BE PART OF IT! The most perfect way to ruin a national passtime is to add this worthless horse's a$$!!!!

Semencrust, go climb back under your slimy rock. YOU SUCK!!! BIG TIME!!!

honeycone71

I always pictured Seacrest as a tight end anyhow.

David

This boy will do anything to try to persuade people that he is straight. This is such an obvious move, just like whenever he is on tv commenting oh how women celebrities look hot. Ryan we all know you are gay-get over it and come out already-dam!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3