Dead Woman's Hubby to Brandy: Stop It!

8/16/2007 2:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

BrandyThe widower of the woman who died in a car accident involving R&B singer Brandy Norwood is furious that Brandy is out partying it up while he's still mourning his wife's death.

TMZ spoke with the attorney for Awatef Aboudihaj's husband, Marquane Hdidou, outside of court today. He said his client is extremely angry that he sees pictures of Brandy out clubbing so soon after the crash, which took place last December. Perhaps he saw them here?

In court today, the judge allowed the four parties suing Brandy in civil court to combine their cases: Hdidou, his wife's two kids from a previous marriage, her parents, and Mallory Ham, the man who survived the accident. A trial date has been set for January 28.

As for the criminal case, the investigation is still ongoing and no charges have been filed. Why does it take eight months to investigate a car crash?

Sara

I do feel sorry that the man lost his wife, but why is the lawsuit including his kids from his first wife, and her parents. Why cant accidents just be accidents. without somebody looking for money they dont deserve.

Glisten Garbor

What's taking the DA so long to figure out if he is going to file charges or not?..If it was Brit, Paris, Nicole or Lindsay they would be sitting in prison right now..Yes even if it was just an ordinary accident without drink or drugs involved..Someone must like Brandy.

Sarah Silverman Looks Like a Beast

# 66 "by Too Many Persians in LA"

Your a bigot And your "facts" are assumptions as you have not seen the results of the investigation. You can not know the things you claim.
I'm guessing if Brandy was killed your name would not be ....
By One less black in LA
Posted at 3:11PM on Aug 16th 2007 by Bonnie

Bonnie,
My facts, are the facts that have been reported by local news channels regarding the issue.
Brandy has not been criminally charged in this case, because she did not commit a criminal act.
I am not a bigot. I AM NOT DISCRIMINATING BASED UPON COLOR OF SKIN. I am discriminating based upon cultural practices that are cultivated and passed through the Iranian/Persian culture. Ask anyone who has bought a home from a Persian builder, been sued in a frivolous law suit by an Iranian-American, or who has had the unfortunate experience of being involved in any sort of business deal with a Persian, and I guarantee that they will support my claim that Persians are running scams all over LA.
Dishonesty is endemic to the Persian/Iranian culture

Terrence

Do you thing Brandy--- you have not done anything wrong- I Kow you feel that family but it was an accident... Talking on a cell phone is not illeagle....and its certainly not murder in any way

Toria

I can't believe you people are siding with Brandy after she killed this
man's wife! Yes, it was an accident but she still owes this family
something. Funerals aren't cheap as someone already pointed out. She should settle now and allow everyone to move on. Why take this to trial and prolong the agony for everyone involved? This man's grief
is probably very real and anyone who doubts it is a jackass!

queen kiki the great

Brandy was hauling it big time in a large suv, not paying attention and killed someones wife, mother, sister, cousin, aunt and on and on!!!!

A year is a respectable mourning period after a tragic event of this magnitude has occured....of couse she has the right to take care of business and run errands but it is beyond selfish to be out partying after she has KILLED someone LESS THAN A YEAR AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she is not smart enough to think about her own public image, she should at least think about how the family would feel about her boozing it up so soon after she took someone away from them forever!

But, I suppose you just don't have any respect for human life...unless it hits close to home. All you care about is defending celebrities! You star struck morons!!!

I no longer have sympathy for Brandy and if she serves no jail time, I hope she gets taken to the CLEANERS big time!!!!!

An accident is no excuse for recklessness!!!

Sarah Silverman Looks Like a Beast

The Iranian husband hired an Iranian attorney, who is talking to the press because he knows that he does not stand a chance in court, especially since there have not been any criminal charges filed against Brandy.

The Iranian attorney is attempting to make Brandy look bad to the public, in hopes that she will be so worried about her image, that she will be forced to settle with his Iranian client.

Brandy, should not pay these people a dime!

DJ

What is he pissing and moaning about he will still get his BLOOD MONEY, with or without her going out and trying to get on with her life. He has probably already gone back to his country to pick out another wife as we speak.

Trace

Oh this guy really needs to quit it!! Automobile accidents happen each and every day.... Brandy is not flashing her panties, genitals or falling down drunk. She' s kept a reasonably low profile - but good grief - it HAS BEEN ALMOST NINE (9) months - I'll bet he's dating!! Why shouldn't Brandy go out?

ren

While I feel badly for the deceased woman's family and for Brandy, I think it is unfair to expect Brandy never to socialize again. I am quite positive that the deceased woman's husband does not sit alone in his bedroom, in the dark, every single day of his life, crying for his wife. Why should Brandy be expected to?

I am sure that if a camera followed the victim's husband around every day, they would catch him smiling, laughing or in some other way enjoying himself at some point. Does that mean he is not grieving his wife? Of course not. But if the camera did catch him... he would look just as bad with that big headline about how he's LAUGHING AND ENJOYING HIMSELF DESPITE HIS WIFE'S DEATH. When in truth, he would be simply moving on with his life.

Even though we would like the world to stop when something bad happens to us, the fact it, it does not. We have to move on with our lives. As Brandy is doing. As I am sure the victim's family is doing also. It is completely unfair for the family to make public statements about Brandy moving on with HER life, when I am sure the husband has had no choice but to do the same.

Brandy may have caused this accident, but thats what it was. An accident. If she committed a crime, my opinion would be different.

monae

You idiots brandy wasn't drinking like the rest of the idiots who drive and talk that's what she was doing .he has a right to sue but all those other people it's crazy people are greedy money will not make you happy

Charlotte

Sense when do you have to be impaired to be arrested for killing someone when you act wreckless????????????????????????? There is someone in our area that is going to jail for 8 months for crashing into another car and killing them. He wasn't drunk or on drugs but was careless because he plowed into the other car.

Anyone see punked when they pretended to arrest Brandy and over and over she said don't you know who I am? She thought she was above the law in that episode too.

tba

Too Many Persians,
Being labeled an Iranian has nothing to do with the accident. How would you feel if someone labeled you an imbecile in an accident. Of course, you probaby wouldn't be offended and would probably stand tall.

Terry

to #77 uncleben

They may charge her with aggrevated vehicular manslaughter
They are still deciding if she should be indicted.
When you drive reckless and kill someone that's manslaughter,
Not an accident.
I never said Brandy was drinking, How could I know that?
One does not need to be drunk or drinking to be charged with manslaughter.
Brandy nor anyone else should assume she is clear just yet.
We have not read the investagation reports nor have heard the determination..
I stick by my statement that she should lay low untill this is resolved..

The real story!

Man if you want a wrongful death judement then go after it in court but don't use the media to pled your case. now you look like Fred "Blood money" Soldman.