Paris Launches Clothing Line,

Tries to Cure Cancer

8/17/2007 12:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Paris Hilton, who's boasted that she's a changed woman since leaving jail, is finally doing some charity work -- though it involves her own clothing line. Giving back is hot!

0604-paris-hilton-2

The heiress staged the launch of her new line at Kitson, of course. The mob at the store was given the option of buying a $100 voucher for Paris' clothing line which moved them to the front of the line. The event's ad trumpeted, "Paris will be on hand to help personally style each of her fans during her appearance." They make it sound like that's a good thing.

Kitson donated 20% of the entire day's profits to the Childrens Hospital Los Angeles.

More Today in TMZ History

glo

I agree with Give Her a Break - 10% is ok - plus the cost of labor and material...
She's trying...

Wes

To Machelle...

Sorry, but I just had to answer your comment.

Many of us donate money (sometimes sizeable amounts) to charities on a regular basis. Why hasn’t Hilton done this? Because she wants someone to pay her to do it…hence her clothing line and the 10% marketing hype. She simply won’t do anything that is self-less without making a profit from the deal. Hilton’s favorite cause has always been Paris Hilton. I’m very glad the Children’s Hospital will be getting some money, eventually. But make no mistake -- this isn’t charity for Hilton, this is just business and more PR visibility. Her middle name should be “Spin.”

A lot of us out here give and have given to charity for years.

CURLY PAINTER

What does she call this line... TRAMP TOGS ?????????????
I want to VOMIT everytime I see that smug face.... nothing about her is news worthy...........................................Please TMZ find someone more interesting who really does give a damn..................

Roni

Here we go with this media whore AGAIN! Who cares about her fake ass charity?! She is and will always be the same shallow, pin headed, disease ridden whore that she's always been.

Sillyme

Just give directly to the charity and by pass her whore-fugginess profits.

Ham

"Ten percent of the proceeds from the event go to the Childrens Hospital Los Angeles"

That means to me 10% of that DAY - not the following months. And Kitson will pay the 10 % - not Paris.

Parents Need to Know

23. Paris doesn't owe anything to anyone!
How much do you people sitting on your asses dissing other people give?
Oh , that's right, you have to get a job first.
Oh, that's right, you have to get a life first.

Posted at 12:19PM on Aug 17th 2007 by machelle
---------------------------------------------------
So MACHELLE - how's your life and job going? You must be sitting on your ass to be reading and writing you little insults on here. When you going to get your Parasite Paraphernalia and have your 10% donated in Parasite's name?

You don't know posters on here, anything about them, but we sure know "too much" about this shallow, narcissistic, skank. Guess that's what qualifies us to know she is NOT doing this out of the kindness of her heart, but for publicity and to try and get back in the good graces of the public.

Not one penny of this 10% is going to come out of Parasite's pocket - it will come out of the $100 the idiotic people are spending to get an article from her clothing line, which is probably made in China, Taiwan , Indonesia, Mexico with slave labor earning 10 cents an hour.

Chrissy

My god.. yeah like donating $100 jeans is going to help those kids any! She should donate her money to the $50,000 hospital bills! WTF is she thinking? Paris really needs to smarten up.. the last thing I wanted when I was going through chemo was clothes! All I wanted was to get better! My god.. Paris you have sunk to a new low..

Reynaldo

I agree, Paris is obviously out to try and become even more rich because if she REALLY wanted to help cancer patients, she could donate much more; then write it off, and the only place she would be missing it is in her head and heart!!
I personally don't think Ms. Paris is a changed person at all. I believe that she's finally giving her big 10%, just so she can say "See, II am doing something for a good cause/charity". The biggest and most important charity to Paris, is Paris!! There's nothing wrong with being a smart business person, and if you're going to be one, then be it. But stop with the phony innocent voice/mannerisms because we're all so tired of it! It's pretty obvious that you're pretty much totally into yourself and your bank accounts, so just stop trying to pretend that you're something you're really not-like the rest of common good hearted and caring people! Just because you grew up with everyone around you catering to your every need/desire, and making you feel like you're the most important thing in the world, doesn't mean that the rest of the world feels the same way! Build a bridge and get OVER yourself!!

Chrissy

Do you guys really think that hanging out with Paris Hilton is what these kids want? If it were me I wouldn't. My comment above was wrong.. she's not donating the jeans she's donating the clothes.. but still if she cared anything about these kids with Cancer she'd donate a whole hell of a lot more. You have no idea what it feels like to go through Cancer at a young age and she should definitely look into it. Cancer is nothing to mess around with.

Nicole

I am the last person you would call a Paris "fan", but I took my teenage daughters to meet her yesterday. I have to say that I was both surprised and impressed at her demeanor. She introduced herself (duh) and shook hands with every person, and even made light conversation. She spent a few minutes with each of my girls, showing them different tops that she thought were "totally cute" for them.

OK, so Kitson and Paris camp did mislead us a bit... If you didn't buy the $100 voucher (each) you were not permitted to enter the store. And there were no pictures or autographs allowed, which left everyone (yes, TMZ included) pressed up against the filthy windows, trying to get a blurry picture of her. Yes, she was 45 minutes late, and was actually sitting in the back of the store preparing for her "royal entrance". Finally, at 1:45, she went out the back door, got into an Escalade, and was driven to the front entrance to walk the tiny red carpet... then we waited another 30 minutes before they allowed any one in. Eventually, the line moved, 5 at a time, and she saw every person who purchased a voucher - probably 200 or so - until almost 5:00.

And regarding the 10% charitable contributions? She didn't have to donate ANYTHING at all. She is trying to do something positive, and I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, for now... until she blows it (again).

Vic

I was there yesterday, the clothes fitted very well and NO I am not skinny. The jeans were so comfy and the length was great! You guys are insane, the reason why you guys hate her is because .. WHAT!? The tabloids. Exactly. Good cause.

I call bullshit

Deandre- you should read the House of Hilton- the book explains why Paris is so dumb, delusional and self absorbed - basically her mother Kathy raised her to be the media whore we see today, and to them its all about $$$$ and nothing else...the truth is there is no heiress, grandfather is leaving all the money to charities. When Paris was released from jail the family stayed at the grandfathers estate knowing reporters would be there so the public would believe it was their family home. Kathys own mother was a gold digging bar-hag who had several shotgun marriages to wealthy men she then trampled on...lets only hope Paris does not breed another waste- of -skin...

annab

SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. GIVE HER SOME CREDIT.

Pocahontas

THE ONLY THING WORST THAN AN SNOBBISH, SELF-SERVING HEIRESS

IS A SNOBBISH, SELF-SERVING HEIRESS THAT PROMOTES HER CAREER AT THE EXPENSE OF SUFFERING, SICK AND POSSIBLY DYING CANCER PATIENTS.

I THOUGHT MICHAEL JACKSON'S EXPLOITATION OF CANCER PATIENTS WAS LOW, IT IS, BUT PARIS AND THE ENTIRE HILTON CLAN HAVE MADE ME CANCEL ALL AND ANY FUTURE STAYS AT HILTON HOTELS.

10% MY AZZ.