Uncle Kracker's Wacker Lands Singer in Slammer

8/17/2007 9:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Uncle KrackerKid Rock's former DJ, who also had a double platinum selling album of his own a few years back, was arrested and charged with a second-degree forcible sex offense outside Raleigh, North Carolina this morning.

Uncle Kracker, aka 33-year-old Matthew Shafer, was busted by Raleigh police at an Embassy Suites hotel around 4:45 AM.

Kracker, who had a huge hit with the song "Follow Me" in 2000, is currently being held in Wake County Jail on $5 million bond. According to arresting documents obtained by TMZ, Kracker , who is described as "a nationally known singer with major assets at his disposal," is considered to be a "exceptionally high flight risk."

Kracker is scheduled to face a judge on Friday.

Rock Rules

Lets hear all the facts before we lock people up.I find it hard to believe a rock star would have to force any girl to give it up .I'm sure more will come out.

Megan

Dude that guy looks like my mom.

jd

MO MONEY MO PROBLEMS

Frank Synopsis

Our band opened for Uncle Kracker last night & all those guys were super nice to us.
Rumor has it that they were drinking on the bus well before the show, but so what?
I don't think he's guilty. He seemed like a super cool guy to me. He could find a willing
sex partner no problem, given his stature. I think the girl is lying, at least I hope she is.

Roadie girl

I do local crew work and when concerts come to town I help set up their gear. I've worked with Uncle Kracker several times over the years with Kenny and the first time I worked with him he walked into the talent changing area and said-direct quote "where are the hot bitches?" This was early in his career but the other times he hasn't really been too over the top. Just a regular guy until he hits the stage. Who knows what the real story is.

anon

Um...skanky bars off the canals? Have you ever even been here? Exactly what canal are you speaking of? You sound like an idiot.

oye

I don't know, can anything shame kenny chesney??????????????? I'm thinking not.
He's pretty gross.
And if this is true, I feel for that poor girl, if not, I feel bad for him. Either way ,it's an awful situation.
OH, AND..SEXUAL ASSAULT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEX!!!!!
So, yes, maybe a ...what was he called.???.."a rock star" can get any girl to have sex with him...NOT......which is Not true...eeeewwwee look at him.!!!! It's stilll different if it's an assault .....yah..take a class...get informed...

Alf

A person is guilty of a sexual offense in the second degree if the person engages in a sexual act with another person:

1) By force and against the will of the other person or

2) With someone who is mentally disabled, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless, and the person performing the act knows or should reasonably know that the other person is mentally disabled, mentally incapacitated, or physically helpless.

Any person who commits the offense defined in this section is guilty of a Class C felony.

Alf

Why are all the comments coming back to Kenny Chesney? Just because they're friends? Kacker has other friends too. Kenny was in Cincinnati when this happened. Leave him alone.

git345

That headline should go down in the headline hall of fame:

Uncle Kracker's Wacker Lands Singer in Slammer

pure poetry.

oye

Kenny Chesney is talented, but ya gotta admit, the boy's morals are beyond loose.

But you're right, he has nothing to do with this, and hopefully neither does Uncle Kracker

tnchick31

What a dope!

susie

shut everyone, seriously, i live a few blocks away from where he lives, he is so cool...i see him driving around town in his cool vehicle from time to time-total hotty!!!
and i also saw his family on cribs, they are so happy, there is no way he would do that...and i go to the same dentist as he does, seriously there is no way he did it...

L.Tripp

And for those of you defending Uncle Kracker, aka Matthew Shafer, don't ya think you'd be better off reserving comment? What if there's "a blue dress" with DNA??

Katie

5 million dollar bond OMG murderers don't have a bond that high!! Either this is more serious than what is being written or some judge is really wanting to become well known. Maybe that will add to the lawsuit that she is going file in the next couple of months (weeks).

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments