Joel Madden:

I'm Gonna Marry

My Baby Mama!

8/18/2007 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0818_joel_madden-1Looks like Nicole Richie's baby won't be born out of wedlock after all!

Sources who attended the Hot 99.5 concert last night featuring Good Charlotte at the Clarendon Ballroom tell us Joel told the crowd he had just proposed to his jail-bound baby mama on Thursday. Congrats!

TMZ contacted Richie's rep to confirm the good news ... but haven't heard back yet.

Democrats are evil

How about that. The former bimbo is actually doing the right thing for the sake of her child. Maybe she's maturing a little bit. Now stay away from the drugs girl.

Mrs. Harvey Levin

Having a baby is no excuse to marry, it will actually add more stress in the long run. I predict they get married, she gives birth (not necessarily in that order), she starts boozing and drugging, he goes along for a little bit, he gets sick, they get divorced, she becomes Britney.
Good luck with that!

Cmcfiregirl

I was at this concert last night, in the VERY front row no less, and Joel Madden made NO such comment. He never even uttered her name once. I can assure you no announcement was made to the crowd that he had purposed to Nicole Richie. I questioned others that were their to ensure I didn't miss something and they were just as surprised to read this as I was.

Sorry guys, the rumor they are engaged may be true, but it certainly was NOT announced to us at the concert last night. :0(

DR.REY

ANOTHER BASTARD CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yvonneray

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES HE LOOK LIKE A GIANT?

Teri

#23 are you secure in your straight jacket now the padded truck is coming

Ashleigh

Congratulations to Joel and Nicole. I hope they have a happy life together forever. Or for a very long time. It seems that Joel is very good for her!

Ashleigh

#21, Yvonneray, Hahaha, that was a funny observation. Anyone would look like a giant next to Nicole, except maybe a premature infant. ;)

Chubby Cubby

Does anyone out there think Nicole had gastric bypass surgery???? I know her ex-boyfriend, DJ whatever his name is had it. Nicole was teased because she was the "chubby one" on Simple Life. Maybe the stress got to her and decided to have the surgery. I'm sure some doctor out there would perform it, even though she didn't need it.

I just think the resemblance between her gaunt look and Star Jones gaunt face is just too creepy ---- maybe they had the same doctor.

Dr. M

Madden is grounded -

Nicole is maturing -

Nicole needs to do her jail time NOW -

Go in on Friday - get out Saturday (more than likely)

Marriages in this town don't last -

I believe Madden has the spiritual depth to make it work -

We'll see -

Shalom Aleichem
Dr. M
MM

Cindy

A DJ at the concert announced this, Joel Madden said nothing when asked if they were engaged. You have the story completely wrong.

me

I agree that it has appeared Nicole has turned her life around. I am glad they are getting married and I hope it lasts. I feel a little bad for Hillary Duff. I know it hurts to break up with someone and then have him hook up with someone else so quickly. To have this pregnancy and their relationship so public probably makes it worse for her. And Joel seems to be a nice guy.

yeoq

i don't think he is feeling trapped. they make a beautiful couple, lovely baby. this might quite work out.

Sillyme

If she survives a pregnancy and birth, doesn't go to rehab and parenting classes, she will need him to care for the baby, and hopefully it's normal.. while she gets hooked onto her old abusive ways.. She is still wearing her ano string folks..

Natasha

Bravo, congrats for the couple, a baby can change your life, they teach you a lot babies, kids. family is great if it is build on trust, honesty and above all LOVE.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments