Littler Star Doesn't Twinkle in Big Return

8/20/2007 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For a woman who made her name in TV by being sassy, Star Jones sure kept things somber in her hyped return to television.

Jones' eponymous Court TV series began with an awkwardly Hot Topics-esque roundtable called "The Wrap Sheet" and an interview with verbal diarrhea-ist Isaiah Washington, in which even Isaiah didn't quite muster the energy to answer Star's questions. Advertisers also got into the lack of rhythm of things, with long, languorous ads from Cholest-Off and ScalpMed chewing up time.

Star did take one chance -- in her cri de Star "Open Letter" segment -- to take a wee dig at former boss Barbara Walters. Star said that she kept her mouth shut, uncharacteristically, after her firing from "The View" because she didn't want to engage in an "undignified she says, she says." Giddy-up, Babwa!

There was conspicuously little mention of gastric bypass surgery, Rosie O'Donnell or fabuhubby Al Reynolds. Somewhere, Oprah isn't shaking in her Christian Louboutin boots.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Pocahontas

MAYBE STAR SHOULD TALK ABOUT HER GAY HUSBAND ON TV.

THAT SHOULD GENERATE SOME INTEREST.

ANITA

I think Star Jones is just the biggest phoney in the world. She was a "real person" before her ghastly gastric bypass and has totally gone over the edge to the "other side". Why is it when big stars turn skinny, their egos take charge and their actions go wacko??????? She was a beautiful big woman and she was smart, an attorney, and seemed very genuine and normal. Now I wouldn't give a dime for her!!!!

Loveskeet

I watched today and really enjoyed her show.

Sean Bresnahan

It's just painful to look at her face. Get a shovel - it's Luther V. all over again...

Jus D truth

I agree with #2 ANITA - Star was beautiful BEFORE she got skinny. I can't even reconize her half the time I see her photo. "STAR YOU SCREWED UP, you should of stayed big - now you look like a freak!!! I could care less watching you now!

Ugghhh!

Blindsided? The blind (sided) questioning another blindsided? Is that the NEW EXCUSE now? Were you "blindsided" Isaiah?

Blindsided. These two seem never to be able to tell the truth to themselves or anyone else. This show looks like it's going to be a flop too.

Ms. Star Jones, how have you become so "blindsided" that you don't see YOURSELF anymore? And now using YOUR own "excuse making" on others.

Professor A

What's the deal with the wheezing? Did you see her on Larry King? "Well, (huweeze) Larry (huweeze) I didn't think (huwheeze) my weight (huwheeze) loss (huwheeze) was anyones's (huwheeze) business." It was distracting to see her clavicles clattering but the wheeze (huwheeze)! I had to turn it off!

RealityTVHo

I agree that she is phony, phony, phony. And why is she re-hashing the very old Isaiah Washington story? You couldn’t pay me to tune in, I’d rather have staples put in my stomach and have my eyeballs bulge out.

tammy

haters,haters,you can vomit all the vile you have but you can not take away from her intelligence.You hate anything christian you demon infested fools.if you think your talk will influence the whole nation to think like you and your TMZ idiots think again.She will make it ,make the bucks and you can go back to your minimum wage jobs.who said Oprah and Star are in competition????Wishful thinking!!
Get it!!!
Haaaa ha ha.There are lots of us black and white who love Star to kingdom come!!!!

Incogniito

She has done what she thought is right for her life and unless you are 300 lbs and know what it feels like to haul that around daily, then no one should judge her choices. We have all made mistakes and deserve a second chance. I am happy Court TV has given that to her. May the show be a success and she can enjoy her life thin. Personally, I prefer her thin, while her neck is a bit bony the rest of her looks great. Obesity is simply the sin of glutonny manifested.

mangey

Guess the illusion of having a man, any man gay or whatever, is all that matters to her. The whole marriage thing was a scam. He don't even have a job. She is nothing but a phoney. Bug eyed B-tch!

mangey

tammy, You're wrong!

anonymous

FUGLY INSIDE AND OUT.......

Old, tired, crazy, psycho Britney SUCKED

#6....

I watched 5 mins of that Larry King interview...and then turned the channel.

I TOTALLY agree with you....wtf is up with her wheezing?

LOL...I had to watch....just like a car wreck...you dont want to look...but you have too.

I've heard people with one lung breathe easier than she did...it was painful to hear..LOL

She's a mess.

Maybe she isn't used to being out from under her rock...and air makes it hard for "it" to breathe.

Pocahontas

#8 Why even introduce race into this discussion?!! I'm so sick of reading posts on TMZ about an entertainer and then some undereducated person decides to make race a factor.

Only the uneducated and/or undereducated people point out the race factor. Really, it means nothing. Just stick to the story. THANKS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments