Littler Star Doesn't Twinkle in Big Return

8/20/2007 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For a woman who made her name in TV by being sassy, Star Jones sure kept things somber in her hyped return to television.

Jones' eponymous Court TV series began with an awkwardly Hot Topics-esque roundtable called "The Wrap Sheet" and an interview with verbal diarrhea-ist Isaiah Washington, in which even Isaiah didn't quite muster the energy to answer Star's questions. Advertisers also got into the lack of rhythm of things, with long, languorous ads from Cholest-Off and ScalpMed chewing up time.

Star did take one chance -- in her cri de Star "Open Letter" segment -- to take a wee dig at former boss Barbara Walters. Star said that she kept her mouth shut, uncharacteristically, after her firing from "The View" because she didn't want to engage in an "undignified she says, she says." Giddy-up, Babwa!

There was conspicuously little mention of gastric bypass surgery, Rosie O'Donnell or fabuhubby Al Reynolds. Somewhere, Oprah isn't shaking in her Christian Louboutin boots.

laura

Boring, boring and even more boring. I give it one month. Who is she? I think she has dual personalities.

Sabrina

I noticed Star has gone back to her maiden name and is again Star Jones.
I wonder if she figured out yet she married a gay man?
Now THAT would be an interesting show!

eM

Ok, is it just me, or does she now look like a combination of a bobble-headed doll and one of those squishy children's toys that bugs its eyes WAY out when you squeeze it? She looked far more normal when she was a little zaftig. You know she didn't do the gastric bypass so that her husband would sleep with her (she'd need a penile implant for that feat), so one can only suppose that she relishes looking like a bizarrely misshapen circus freak wearing woodshop safety goggles.

mary

I think for health reasons Star did the right thing by losing all that weight,she was morbidly obese.However....I do agree that she is a phony.....what's with the glasses all of a sudden?She obviously is trying to look more intellectual for her new show, it's not working...the glasses look horrible.

Sues

To all the Star Jones fans - time will tell. You may love her and that's ok - but ratings are ratings. As for me - I never liked her for lying about her weight loss, not to mention her over-the-top wedding she manipulated into freebees. Ugh! How classless. She's upposed to be a lawyer - aren't they supposed to be about truth? Yeah, yeah I know. Well, karma is karma. We'll just see how long she lasts on the telly this time.

White Power

All you fattazz broads who call yourself "big" are kidding yourselves but nobody else. Get a clue...you aren't "big"...you are FAT...because you EAT TOO MUCH. Fat broads have no self esteem or self control. And they all have a stank.

DeepFreeze3

Court TV (soon to be renamed "TruTV") actually fired the great Catherine Crier...for this skank???!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! She wouldn't know a legal issue if it bit her on the ass and gave her an infection!!! If I want to see some celebrity do the ass-kissy thing with a brainless, low-rent info babe, I'll flip over to that stupid entertainment program, "Insider," to get that!!!

Ms. Crier gets fired, they push out Nancy Grace, they move wall-to-wall trial coverage to the internet (which Ms. Crier says will eventually disappear), then water down legal coverage on the network so much that it's nothing more than a pathetic shell of it's former self. And Star Jones is a representation of this!!! I'm going to be glad when that show of hers tanks!!! The same goes for that so-called network she works for!!! Both of them are TOTAL frauds!!!

She couldn't even, for 4 years tell the truth about getting her stomach chopped up (which got her fired from "The View"), and we're now supposed to believe her

Calling this woman a "legal expert:" is an insult to one's intelligence!!!

Pennie

Star is no longer a star, she is a fallen Star who looks like she has aged 50 years, Regardless of how Fast she lost her weight, which is obviously through Bypass surgery, Fallen Star looks like a crow, a phony, sickly, A very DRAWN look. Please do us all a favor and keep her off the Tube.

Pennie

Bobp

So Star Bones and Isayitagain Washington are beating that same dead horse. I guess they won't give up until they think people believe them. Always pointing the finger at someone else. It's getting a little old and very obvious.

juls

WHAT DID DO TO COURT TV? IT LOOK LIKE THEY INTO A GOSSIP SHOW, YOU GUYS TAKE OFF ALL THE INTERESTING COURT SHOW AND PUT NONSENSE SHOW WITH STAR JONES. SHE IS A LAWYER SHE SHOLD KNOW BETTER THAN DOING A GOSSIP SHOW ON COURT TV. NOW PEOPLE CAN NOT WATCH COURT TV ANYMORE. WE WANT COURT TV, NANCY GRACE, CATHRINE CRIER AND ALL THE OTHER COURT TV ANCHOR BACK. BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT BOYCOTT NO MORE STAR JONES.

Democrats are evil

She's been around for a while so we all know who and what she is and have made our opinions. Mine is that she is a Lawyer, first and foremost. She'll never be fully honest with you because of that. She has a "big" chip on her shoulder. Who knows why? And lastly, she's an unhappy democrat. Always negative and blaming others and views life as the glass being half empty. The way she left the View is a perfect example. I know she hates Babara WaWa and I think deep down, she just hates Oprah's guts also. I don't see her show going anywhere quickly.

Edie Oho...

I think Star did an exceptional job, first time out. She's going to make a big comeback and I think leaving "The View" was a blessing...she's a better person for it! While "The View" struggles to find its way, Star is on the comeback trail!!!

get well soon

at least star has gone to therapy, admitted she was taken by fame, knows she had lots of insecurities and ate a large plate of humble pie. I happen to think she is very smart, its just her public persona is now all confused due to her past and her issues. At least she is trying to change her ways. on the other hand, i dont know her.

ChrisJ

I thought she did well on the show...I am sure it will get better. She looks great too. Give the woman a chance people!

meme

I personally will never trust this woman....a liar is a liar.....no matter what the package....only the sick & medicated love her....btw....think it might be time for Tammy to get her meds upped......talk about vitriol....and stupidity........