Littler Star Doesn't Twinkle in Big Return

8/20/2007 6:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For a woman who made her name in TV by being sassy, Star Jones sure kept things somber in her hyped return to television.

Jones' eponymous Court TV series began with an awkwardly Hot Topics-esque roundtable called "The Wrap Sheet" and an interview with verbal diarrhea-ist Isaiah Washington, in which even Isaiah didn't quite muster the energy to answer Star's questions. Advertisers also got into the lack of rhythm of things, with long, languorous ads from Cholest-Off and ScalpMed chewing up time.

Star did take one chance -- in her cri de Star "Open Letter" segment -- to take a wee dig at former boss Barbara Walters. Star said that she kept her mouth shut, uncharacteristically, after her firing from "The View" because she didn't want to engage in an "undignified she says, she says." Giddy-up, Babwa!

There was conspicuously little mention of gastric bypass surgery, Rosie O'Donnell or fabuhubby Al Reynolds. Somewhere, Oprah isn't shaking in her Christian Louboutin boots.

Rhonda in Ky

While I did not watch Star's premiere on Court TV and can not comment on that, I did watch her interview on Larry King Live and was very impressed by her. I think with all the hoopla over her weight loss, her attitude and her firing from The View; I had forgotten what a truely intelligent woman Star is. I was very impressed by her interview and wish he nothing but the best with her new show. I find it troubling someone is making fun of the fact that she (huwheezes). People are so eager to judge other people before walking a mile in their shoes.

piuntigailydnas

I don't know why court TV put her on there . I watch court TV for the court trials not a stupid talk show. I did not watch and will not watch. I think It was a mistake to put her on She is a phony and needs to get REAL

Jimmy

PLEASE, LOOSE THE GLASSES STAR, I CAN'T TAKE THEM ANYMORE. ITS STUCK IN MY HEAD. YOU LOOK LIKE A HORRIBLE PHOTO-UP FROM OUTER SPACE GONE WRONG

LuLu

The show was painful and boring and having Isaiah Washington on as her first guest was her biggest mistake. I love that he and she have always played the race card and both of them got kicked to the curb for doing it. She's on Court TV (where?) and he's on the Bionic Woman. Wasn't he the one who was adamant about being a "real" trained actor as opposed to his colleagues on Grey's Anatomy. Give me a break.

sue

oh the wheezing!!!!!!!!so hard to watch , the wheezing makes it so distracting.. also , she needs to stop saying " dat" instead of that..

eileen

I really loved court tv but with starr jones, no way. This person is so phony and a real ass.iwonder how many people she used to get on that show.who was the sucker doc w ho did her surgery.I believe she needs to go back to her closet and hide.she may have
lost weight but man is she ugly.

Mark

I use to like Starr and more people could relate to her before the surgery. But now it hurts to look at her.

tnchick31

You're right #34. I think she looks really old.

everyone is jealous

Star, Star, Star......I predict you are off the air by mid september. No one cares about you anymore, and the only reason, people are reading this sight, to see maybe, just maybe you became humbled at al during your time off. I didn't watch your show, and I do not plan on ever watching, Sounds like no one else is either. Your career in television is short lived, unless, of coarse you bankroll it yourself. Oh wait a minute, I forgot who I was talking about, the woman who didn't even want to bankroll her wedding. Yea, we haven't forgotten what a low life you are!!!!!!!!! Stay under your rock!!

RealityChick

I saw some of her show yesterday and couldn't have been more bored - don't think she's going to draw viewers away from other afternoon choices like Springer and Maury!!! And, yes, her wheezing is very annoying after trying to listen to her try to talk through it for a few minutes. Not exactly a shining Star any longer...

gagal

#20 "D" I remember and I agree with you 100%

queen kiki the great

I guess star felt like she needed a change in her life. But why the gay husband?

ducdebrabant

"you hate anything Christian you demon-infested fools"

Is Star Jones a Christian? I hadn't really thought about it. She sold her employer's airtime for her own benefit, and promoted everything she got free for the wedding shamelessly for a year, but I don't recall her ever promoting the house of worship in which she tied the knot. Maybe she actually had to PAY the church.

Let's All Go To Bed...It's Late

Star did 2 or 3 show programs on HGTV about a year ago called, House Hunters?

What happened was that their ratings fell to an all time low and she was removed as a host.
This will probably happen to Court TV, as well.......So soon we can enjoy this station again !!

Sorry Star, you blew it when you went into hiding with all your lying about your weight loss.

You'r not even believeable with your phony smile.

Brenda

#28 For me its not that she had the bypass, its the fact she lied about it. I think she has lost too much weight, but thats my opinion. If she would lie about that, she would lie about her husband being gay. I don't think her show will do well.