Rhymes with Red

8/20/2007 11:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hotelier Leona Helmsley, who once served prison time for tax evasion and was often called the "Queen of
Mean," has died. Helmsley suffered heart failure at her summer home in Greenwich, Conn., said her publicist, Howard Rubenstein.

Helmsley, with husband, Harry, ran a $5 billion real estate
empire which included managing the Empire State Building. A former housekeeper once said she heard Helmsley say: "We don't pay taxes. Only the little people pay taxes." She later served time in prison for tax evasion.

She denied making the statement, but the words followed her for the rest of her life.

She was 87.

E

If she didn't already die, she would if she saw this picture of herself!

Cabo

#10: David -- If your little obit is supposed to make Leona look good, you've done a rotten job. She didn't like common people, you say, but she was refined and had standards. HOW DO YOU SPELL BITCH?? L - E - O - N - A!!!

People who have such a loathing toward "common people" are INCREDIBLY insecure themselves. Leona was NO better, in fact, NOT AS GOOD, as the average "commoner," whatever the hell that means.

She very likely had Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and most people who suffer from that have VERY low self esteem.

I knew people who worked for her -- and there is nothing nice to report. NOTHING!

I don't suffer fools gladly either, but fools and amazing human beings alike come in all shapes, sizes, colors, religions, economic classes, etc.

Leona was a commoner in her own right. That's why she was so damn afraid to be around anyone. Look up "Narcissistic Personality Disorder." Leona! They're ghastly people who make everyone around them MISERABLE!!

hardworker

Damn, another one scratched off my dead pool......

Tangie

Didn't like her, so all I got to say is....See ya, mean ass lady!

Jake

Whether she said "only the poor pay taxes" or not, it remains the truth. The Democrats are trying to raise taxes on Corporations and oil companies. GUESS WHO WILL PAY THOSE TAXES??? You are right. Us, we, all of us. Corporations don't pay taxes, they just raise the price they charge for their service or product and we pay it. This is just another stealth way for the Democrats to raise taxes on the poor and middle class. They are known for this subterfuge and they continue to fool the people who vote for them.
Other than the obvious slant on this story, Leona got a raw deal, and I think it is because of her unfortunate looks, and the elitists love to pick on the unfortunate.

David

For #33 NO, my "little obit" was not intended to make her look good. I don't believe she was preoccupied with "looking good for people" which is a COMMON frailty of most humans.
I simply shared a view point on how I saw her (and I did not know her) and how my grandmother saw her (who did know her). As for the people who did not care for her that you knew-they WORKED for her as you stated. How many people ever have kind words for their employers, especially ones with strong personalities. I'm sure she had her faults, as we all do. But I respect her for letting people know where she stood right out of the shoot and not being some simpering street angle as most people are nice to your face-well you know the rest.....

Head To The Sky

ALL COMMENTS ARE CRAZY FUNNY,

EXCEPT FOR THE SLAVE OWNER WHO "LIVED CLOSE TO HER IN CONN. "

AND,

'HAS MET HER MANY TIMES".

I HOPE SOME DRUNKEN BASTARD ,

AFTER FINISHING A COLD 40 OUNCE MALT LIQUOR,

PISSES ON HER TOMB STONE & RIVER DANCE ON THE BITCH GRAVE.

DLC

That picture makes her look like Milton Berle.

meja07

Who cares, she was a bitch. She would have been a good pick to play the Joker in Batman, look at that face, just perfect.

anthony

I dont undersatnd y ppl are being so hateful, no one has seen the woman in years, who care swhat she said 10-15-20 years ago... let it go pll let it go

REY-noldo

This "person" was a horrible selfish bitch. She went as low as to sue her son's widow for rights to his estate. His widow went broke fighting the vulture in court.

ken

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

jessemosslover

How can she have died of heart failure when she didnt even have one? ( a heart that is)

v

I don't think she ever did a kind or charitable thing in her life...How sad to be remembered for being a narcissist and unkind.

Roni

Ironic that someone so HEART-LESS had HEART FAILURE.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments