Zac Efron: Junior High School Yearbook

8/21/2007 12:51 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It may be tough, but think way way back to the year 2001, when Tom Cruise wasn't as creepy, Britney Spears was hot, and Zac Efron was young(er)!
Zac Efron Yearbook Photo
The overly gelled "Hairspray" heartthrob took this yearbook photo for the Arroyo Grande Lower School near San Luis Obispo, Calif. -- a whopping 6 years ago -- when he was 13. Nothing says "I'm adorable" like blond highlights on a teen.

Efron is also the star of the spankin' new Disney movie, "High School Musical 2," which just shattered numerous cable ratings records.

Brian

To those of you thinking TMZ was incorrect in their fact checking, you need to re-read.

took this yearbook photo for the Arroyo Grande Lower School NEAR San Luis Obispo, Calif.

NEAR. They said NEAR. 10-15 miles away is NEAAAAAAAAAAAAAR. They didn't say IN SLO.

Bummer

He's adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love him!!!!!

He's 3rd on my "Actors to Marry" list..........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phred84

It originally said "in". that's the power of web posting - it can be changed after the fact.

Dmadison

Just because a young man is "cute" and has talent doesn't necessarily make him gay. I think all you guys out there just want him to be gay! Go Zac! You're going to be a mega-star soon!

Michelle

are you kidding me! He is not gay!! He is dating Vanessa Hudgens! haven't you seen the pictures of them in hawaii, they were like making out in the water.

uk girl 24

ZAC IS NOT GAY! HE IS VERY SWEET GUY! ALTOUGH I DONT THINK VANESSA IS RIGHT FOR HIM I MEAN HOW MUCH ATTENTION DOES THAT GIRL NEED TAKING A NUDE PHOTO OF HER SELF FOR ZAC SOUNDS TO ME LIKE SHE LIKES EVERYTHING TO BE ABOUT HER I THINK HE SHOULD GET FAR AWAY FROM HER AS POSSIBLE.

MOST GUYS DO SAY GUY ACTORS/SINGERS ARE GAY WHEN THEY ARE JEALOUS OR HAVE HIGH VOICES BUT U CANT SAY SOMEONE IS GAY WHEN THEY HAVENT SAID THAT THEMSELVES THATS LIKE SAYING ITS GONNA RAIN WHEN U DONT ACTUALLY KNOW IT IS.

lakeisha

ahhhhh no wonder he said he wasnt popular in school well lucky no one is making fun of you now but listen if you her this comment i am only 22 yrs old im born in 1987 november 20 and im not a big fan but hotttt.

Ali

I think that he's not gay but he needs to stop thinking that he's all that and getting the good pretty girls. He should go for someone that acctually cares about him.

tristan

Zac efron went to my elementary, middle, and high school. Ive seen pictures of him before. the janitor an paulding(his middle school) has a picture of him from the 8th grade class photos. He was raised in arroyo grande, and his parents and brother still live in here.

Patricia