Courteney and David Pull a Britney?

8/22/2007 5:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained this photo of Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette with their three-year-old daughter Coco in Kauai, Hawaii. Coco, riding between her parents in a kayak, is not wearing a life jacket.

We checked and found that according to Hawaii state law, "Children 12 and under must wear a properly fitting PFD while underway."

We contacted the Arquette's rep, and are waiting for a call back.

Lori

I have been to the island of Kauai. A gorgeous island. I know the ocean there can have a strong current. Many are lost to the oceans there. I do not know where they are but they should have a life jacket on the child. Safey.

TGtx

Monica, you are a fricking idiot. I hope you don't have any kids. We defintely don't more dumbf....s like you in this country...

James

Who are you to doubt David Arquette? How many WCW titles have YOU held????

Lori

On top of that Edward we all have WAY to much time on our hands.

SayWhat

All three of them should have life jackets on. But, hey, it's never gonna happen to you, right?

PuddyKatz

everyone makes mistakes now and then. you people are bastards for comparing this great couple to Britney.

Arturo Fuente

Since no one has said it yet:

TMZ is probably just getting back at Arquette for being a little too friendly with the paps as of late. I'm disgusted with myself that I support the paps by visiting TMZ, but it's too good of a trainwreck to refuse to watch. To all you haters out there giving TMZ a hard time, this is a dirty rag of a website that makes us nobodies feel like we're better than the celebs and there's nothing wrong with that. If you don't like it, quit making the site even more popular by visiting it. Leave all the fun to the rest of us.

Erica

#66 - Tarawa very good points.
I agree with you totally.
These pictures only show part of a story. A small isolated part. No mitigating factors are included in the story.
Tmz - You need to work on the quality of your content big time

UncleBigBad

well, we all know that laws only apply to working class riff raff like me and you, never to Hollywood celebrities.

Neil

Actually, anyone who has experience with even a peaceful drifting in an ocean kayak will tell you: It can turn dangerous quickly. I'm not being a bummer when I point out that had the little one tipped over the edge, the kayak pursues its forward momentum, the kid swirls in the soft wake, and can become instantly submerged....and subsequently gone depending on whether she went in on an inspired breath or expired breath. Seriously, anyone not putting a jacket on a child is being unfair to that child.

Betty

This was in Hawaii so odds are the water is crystal clear. I doubt Courtney Cox is that stupid to do this in murky water. I am sure Coco probably hates the life jacket and threw a fit at the idea of wearing it. I would bet my 3 yr old would. If it was clear water I might have done the same.

Maggie

Coco is so darn cute! I have to say it was a mistake to not put a personal flotation device on her. I kayak and they are fairly easy to tip if you don't center your weight properly. I guess they figured they would be there and would be able to keep her head above water if it did tip. Both Courteney and David have always appeared to be doting and protective parents so I doubt they would do anything to hurt Coco.

Jimmy Slade

laughable and pretty weak TMZ. While I agree there are laws concerning this, this is hardly a life or death situation. She might not be Coco Ho, but I'm sure she can handle a little water.

capt.curt

LOL...daves got it right...let courtney do all the paddling!!!!

Joe Tyler

It looks like they are pulling a Rosie O'Donnell, but a lot less weight and better looking. Rosie was out boating and her child had no vest on either. This family would most likely float---Not Big Rosie, she's a pig!!!