Blair Berk: The Miracle Worker

8/23/2007 6:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's lawyer pulled off one of the biggest legal feats in recent memory.

Lohan faced years in prison if convicted and charged with a felony. But mega-lawyer Blair Berk was able to negotiate with the D.A. and literally turn Lindsay's jail sentence into a revolving door. Lindsay could theoretically walk into jail at 11:30 one night and leave first thing in the morning.

It's not that the deal is that unusual, but getting it to stick, given the high profile of the case and the political pressure, makes it all remarkable.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Michael R

"getting away with it ... because I'm a celebrity"

What Lohan could have said is "I'm getting away with it ... because my sharp lawyer knows the law and knows the judge."

OCD

Outrageous. Why would I have thought that there might be justice served in California.

It's not shocking, it's disgusting.

Patooey. This stinks to high heavens.

Kev

Your cameraman shoulda followed her into the elevator, that would've been hilarious!

olll

lindsay lohan was right when she said, "i'm a celebrity, i can do whatever i want."
celebrities indeed can do whatever they want and get away with it. WE are the fools for continuing to support them.

KEB

What a bunch of BS. This may be OK for Celebs but the regular citizen would be behind bars! I know from experience w/ just one DUI in my life and it was in the great state of Ca.
One time offender(sitting in parking lot) $5000 fine, 3yrs. probation, 18 month program and 30days in jail.

Ms. T in S.F.

Wait a minute... Let me get this straight... This is the SECOND time she was cited with a D.U.I. and cocaine was found on or near her possession TWICE and she gets THIS??!! Not to mention the fact that she "partied like a Rock Star," and the pants with the cocaine weren't even HERS?!

MAN! I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!

Hey Linds-KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!!!

Tom

I'll be dammed, Lindsey said it and she was loaded at the time.., both she and Berk showed us all the dirty little secret of the L.A. Legal system, It's the biggest joke, and the excuses they hide behind to justify their conduct is just as much an outrage..
When it comes to our beloved celeberties, out in L.A., real jail time is just for the little people.

Elizabeth

Unreal.... This judicial system sure is corrupt. She had cocaine! That is a felony! I'm just dumbfound. I am amazed that she is not doing real time. Kudos to Paris, at least she did some time. Unlike these other two, Nicole, a few hours, what a joke. She had an illegal drug in her system too, and driving on the other sider of the freeway!!!! I hope they both get sued BIG time. They deserve it.

Kwame f

Did you know, before Bill Gates was the richest person on earth, he was also arrested for DUI, DWI and running a red light twice or three times in New Mexico. He spend probably less than a month in jail. He was 18-19 at the time happened. Gates' friend Paul Allen was also riding with him.

Bill Gates helped the world boost the economy!

Andrea

I think it sucks because Lindsay does not learn her lesson. She just learned that money buys you anything. Lindsay will just end up doing more irresponsible stuff because she knows that her lawyer will just get her off! Paris should have had Lindsays lawyer! I also feel that it sucks that Lindsay is so talented but chooses to flush her career down the toilet by getting drunk and doing drugs! What a waste! I used to be a fan of her but now she is just a dissapointment!

Mrs.Geek_row

THAT IS NOT A "MIRACLE",,THAT JUST KICK STARTED HER DEATH SENTENCE...SHE WILL NEVER REALIZE HER ADDICTION IS A DISEASE TILL SOMEONE TAKES SERIOUSLY HOW MUCH SHE NEEDS TREATMENT FOR THIS SICKNESS...NO..MIRACLE AT ALL.,.THE EXACT OPPOSITE,,DONT BE SURPRISED IF SHE FOLLOWS IN ANNA NICOLE'S STEPS..THIS IS TRULY A SAD DAY FOR ANY TRUE "LILO" FAN...REALLY SAD ...SHE IS GONNA DIE IF EVERYBODY CONTINUES TO "SUGARCOAT" HER PROBLEM...TOO BAD FOR LINDZ...REALLY TOO BAD AND ALSO WHOEVER SHE KILLS ON THE WAY TO HER OWN FUNERAL!! I TRULY THINK LINDZ IS BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED AND SHE HAS ABSOLUTELY NOBODY TELLING HER THE REAL DEAL...

houston nurse

I think that anyone who is a celeb should be treated the same way any other low life drug addicted is ....I wonder if their punishment was to include real hard core rehab and not some fancy your a star so you can sit and be a lazy *** and not have to work for anything rehab...or that they are not aloud to make another movie/vidoe/record until they are clean...and have to take a drug test like any other american before getting a job , they just might striaghten up.

cheche4029@aol.com