Holy War! When Televangelists Attack!

8/23/2007 2:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oh my god! Pentecostal televangelist and women's empowerment lecturer Juanita Bynum was attacked at 4:00 AM in an Atlanta airport hotel parking lot -- by her estranged husband, Bishop Thomas W. Weeks III! Holy s**t!

According to police, the couple fought in the parking lot until a hotel bellman stepped in and broke it up. Bynum told police that her husband "choked her, pushed her down, kicked and stomped her in the Renaissance parking lot." Lordy! TMZ spoke with the victim's sister, Tina Celeb Mugshots -- click to launchCulpepper, who said "Juanita is resting."

Miss Culpepper photographed Juanita's injuries, as seen here. Only the lord knows where Weeks is at this time.

keepitreal

LET me correct my question. But let me ask everyone this if this was your sister, daughter, mother, or even YOU would you be taking up for HIM AS MUCH?

RIP-UP`

HOW SAD THAT WE GOT CHURCH FOLK THAT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THEIR EMOTIONS. NOT ONLY IS THIS AN ASSAULT ON HIS WIFE ITS AN ASSAULT ON THE CHURCH BUT JESUS PROMISE THAT THE GATES OF HELL WOULD NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT! THANK GOD

E Natural

This is not a joking matter, we really need to pray! It doesn't matter how much money you spend on a wedding, you have to be ready willing and able to work it out. I looked up to this couple and it hurts my heart to see people cracking jokes about the people of God. This has been happening this incident was just made public. We don't know what other pastors and wives are fighting and having marital problems. Shut your gossiping mouths and pray! She really gone preach now!

kurly

It is sad to hear about another couple involved in domestic violence. To those who want to ridicule this situation, I hope you do not become the next victim.

Amazing

I know TMZ would expunge my post if I named a VERY famous daughter of a VERY famous evangelist, probably the most famous of all, who beat up her husband in a parking lot. What gets into these extremely wealthy people of God in parking lots?

A few may be sincere, but I believe the great majority have just found a way to talk themselves into huge fortunes. And the louder you can talk, the better. You WILL get a congregation that will boogie down the aisles no matter how phony you are.

Sebastian

--------
No , friends and neighbor's , she dosen't prayer
she needs a 9 MM Glock !!

sexy_06chic

i dont think that this is a joking matter at all. Im sure the people making those ignorant comments have no idea what she is going thru. to have the man you trust and love beat the crap out of you is a disgrace. My prayers go out to her and only GOd can heal her heart and heal the brokeness that is now in their marriage. I guess he couldnt stand the fact that he had a wealthy woman who is more established than him and carrying him! how pathetic!

TROLL SMASHERS

"hurts my heart to see people cracking jokes about the people of God." - "Shut your gossiping mouths and pray!"

Shouldn't it or doesn't it hurt your heart to SEE PEOPLE OF GOD ACTING LIKE MAURIE PO-b*TCH guests???

Gotta love Christians-
Why are all you holy rollers even here??? This is my question? If I was all "holy you need to pray" and nasty comments are bad, I wouldn't come to HOLLYWOOD SKANK GOSSIP SITES WHERE THEY SWARE, TALK ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE DOGS, PROMOTE PROMISCUITY & BOOZE AND ALL KINDS OF MADNESS....this wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Scratching my head and wondering if your so content with your religion why you seek the "Devils Entertainment"? don't come to a GOSSIP SITE AND TELL PEOPLE NOT TO GOSSIP! Typical Hyprocrite Church folks that will be doing more gossiping about this on SUNDAY than we are right now and you all know it.

marlena reynolds

I'M SORRY THIS HAPPEN!! BUT WE ALL NO THIS CAN HAPPEN 2 ANY ONE!! KEEP UR HEAD UP, RECOVER N AND STAY ON TASK!! I LOVE THE WISDOM THAT GOD HAS GIVEN U 2 SHARE WITH THE WORLD! LOVE U MUCH!! I'M PRAYING 4 U!!!

One Classy Lady

Well all I can say is I hope he dont drop the soap.

Desease control

The thing is these so called great people of God are mostly just cons,
Why would anyone want to be like them.
they are not living thier life any diffrent from the regular joe but
they have the nerve to go on TV and claim that they are and that we
should all send them our hard earned cash to support them and TBN.
Even the founder of TBN was acused of harassing one of his workers for Gay sex.
If you watch TBN you hear over and over if you dont send in a donation large or small you wont be blessed. The lord is not going to chose who he blesss by the amount of thier donation to TBN. These preachers on TBN prey on the most valnderable members of society namely the ederly.So basicaly this woman and her husband have been ripping off old folks claiming to be spreading gods words when realy they are just money grubbing cons.hey and its all TAX free for them .
they like the 'things' of the lord but not to realy be one with christ.
This couple isnt even born agin yet there claiming to be higher than others on the spritual food chain. Just shows put your faith in god not man.
Just beacuse you cant trust these two people and are dispointed dont lose faith in God.
To say something on the upside of TBN
if you turn it on and sart preaying you well get your prayer answered and you dont have to send in money.
TBn is a ripp off but many miricals have taken place beacuse its on the air so mybe its ok if they snacth a few bucks to stay at fansty hotels and travel the world.
Just dont go beating each other up!.

btw: I prayed for money on TBN and the very nexted day when I went to the ATM machine there was 96,000 that came out of no where.

ps.
I blew the money in about 6 months so nexted time I need to rember to ask for help manging his blessings

peaches

Juanita keep your head up. If GOD is for you no man can be against you. Just turn on a deaf ear to all the negative comments.
No one ask for an abusive husband and I personally do not feel that this behavior started over night. Therefore, I would forgive him and run for the hills. I know things are easier said than done. So pray and move with time. Love ya!

Brenda Tyler

I am for Ms. Bynum I myself was physical abused in the 70's. I will continue to pray GOD will preserve her for HIS will and that she will come back stronger in HIS son JESUS name. To #54 regardless of what she did, he is supposed to be a bishop of a church and he is suppose to love his wife as Christ loves the church. Now can you t ell me a bishop that beats his wife like that loves her? How is Mr. Weeks going to face the women of the church and still want respect from them? Pray for him but women run, run, run.

thats a shame 05

well i think a man is a man, and if he is a crazy man thenhe will never change. I don't care if you in the lordthat much you still a sick son of a bytch if you hitting on your wife gurlfriend whatevashe is to you. people think its funny, i don't thik so she is a good woman to her word but like i said a may will alway be a man, if he don't have his way it will be no way in hell i let him hit me, but i only can say that cus i'm not in the perdicament. but the lord heals time and time heals all wonds

Desease control

J and b the holly war-ers

need to kiss and make up it was all just one crazy drunken night.
get drunk get into a big fight it happens to the best of us
Forgive and let live,go ahead and get you make up-freak on its ok but then after......

its time to repent

J& b need to give back to the world
and im not talking about just going on TV and givng the
i have sined sorry speach. thats played out
they need to repent where it shows its real
that means not just from the heart but the pockect book
lets see these two give away all there money to some diffrent poor struggeling churchs that well spend the money on doing some real good
not just wasted on private jets and desinger clothes and diamonds and mansions,and wasted things of luxery
for all the money they spend on one out fit to look sharp preaching on TV in could probaly keep a village feed for a year.

if they dont repent in this way they well turn this bad PR into more money for there greddy selfs dat aint right.

When jesus set out to travel around preaching he took no coin in his pockect

If jyanita is realy as faith mind-ed as she preachs she well
go and teach the word
with no coin in her pockect

Jesus kicked the money changers out of the church,,huh rember that
well now mybe he is kicking the money changers out of TBN