Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"

8/23/2007 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan issued the following statement to TMZ:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Recently, I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law, and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case. No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have.

I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life. Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

Yo Mamma

Such a lost soul. And such a easy generic cop out for her horrid behavior!!

sarah

Yeah okay Lindsay I really believe you. You are a piece of s*&t that is NOT taking responsibilty for anything you ran away and hid at rehab till your "handlers" could sort out this mess for you and come up with good enough story to redeem yourself in the public eye i will not support any of your movies or contribute to your income in any way.

Daniel

Good Luck and God Bless !

Get a Clue

It's easy to tell she did not write this. All the spelling is correct.

Rocky

HEY YOU LUCKY SKANKY WHORE... IF YOU ARE READING TMZ,,,, YOU ARE ONE LUCKY SKANK **TCH.I HOPE YOUR CAREER TAKES A NOSE DIVE. YOU WILL NEVER RID YOURSELF OF YOUR DEMONS. SEE YOU IN REHAB IN 6 MONTHS OR LESS WHORE.

Amazing

DUUHHH!

Snarksnarksnark

This statement is so articulate and so grammatically correct that I seriously doubt that she wrote it. She probably said it by reading it from a script.

costamar

She'll be dead and in hell before 2010. That's my bet.

Jazzy

Not buying a bit of it. 100% publicist, 0% Lindsay. Nice try.

Sillyme

She forgot to say she will build something to help someone when she gets out..

me

NIce words. To bad she didn't write them or even mean them. How much do you want to bet her lawyer wrote that up? I would have loved to see the look on Paris Hilton's face when she heard this..I bet her head pretty much exploded in anger!

Amy Silverman

What a loser bitch and her whore slut mother Dina is to blame-what a trashy uselss piece of filth the whole family is!

5 cent

thank you Lindsay. That statement satisfies your requirement to do "community service" as part of the plea bargin agreement. You are free to go to Las Vegas again. Whoo Hoo!

Dr. M

GOOD LUCK LINDSAY = IT DOES GET EASIER

YOU CAN SERVE SOME OF YOUR TIME AT MY SCHOOL TALKING 2 THE KIDS ABOUT THE PERILS OF DRUGS -

Shalom Aleichem